IGNORED

Club Length And Lie

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How much of a difference does club length and lie angle make, I've just had my first ever fitting session done and order some custom fits but I have to wait 7-10 days for the clubs to come. I am rather excited to see how much of a difference 0.5" and 2 degrees lie will make compared to playing with standard.

Does anyone have any experience going from standard to slightly longer and see much improvement on ball striking??

I went from standard to +1" and 4 degrees upright. I noticed a huge difference. My ball striking immediately got better, and my shots were noticeably straighter.

Nice, I am really interested in seeing the difference. I am also going from some heavy budget clubs to some decent Mizuno one's hoping I can feel a big difference.

I went -1 (instead of cutting shaft, I am gripping down by 1 inch) per my custom fitting result.   With a few practice sessions, I am hitting more accurately without loss of distance.

I also went two degrees flat on lie angle.   For wedges and short irons, I am not pulling my shot as much before the change.   For mid to longer irons, there is not much difference.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Remember lie angle depends a lot on your posture.

I used to need 1.5 degrees up, but my posture has recently changed, I bend my knees a little more than before (better control), and now I can play  clubs with standard lie angles.

If your posture changes as you improve your golf swing, you may need to change the lie angles on your clubs.

Remember lie angle depends a lot on your posture.

I used to need 1.5 degrees up, but my posture has recently changed, I bend my knees a little more than before (better control), and now I can play  clubs with standard lie angles.

If your posture changes as you improve your golf swing, you may need to change the lie angles on your clubs.

Yeah I guess its best to just get check ever year to make sure you are using correct setup

I finally got irons fitted for my height, 6'5", have only ever used standard clubs. Only just recently started to be interested in golf after about a ten year gap. I was never consistent in striking them. Went to the range with the new irons, had to get used to the new length +1" 3*up, but most all my shots were straight, or a little left to right motion... best decision ever.

I agree, I am 6'1" and my Mizuno's are +1/2 inch longer and 2* upright and I am much more in control of my shots.

However, I use a standard driver and 3W shaft length as I tend to hit "down" on the ball a bit with these clubs. I can't control the lighter/longer shafts that TM and others are marketing.

How much of a difference does club length and lie angle make, I've just had my first ever fitting session done and order some custom fits but I have to wait 7-10 days for the clubs to come. I am rather excited to see how much of a difference 0.5" and 2 degrees lie will make compared to playing with standard.

Does anyone have any experience going from standard to slightly longer and see much improvement on ball striking??

Yes.  I am 6'-2" or so, and went from standard length/lie to clubs that were +1.25" and 3* upright.  To be perfectly honest, to me the difference (specifically from the length and lie adjustments) is minimal.  I can still play just fine with my old clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!