IGNORED

5 hour round yesterday...

$2 Nassau
Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, 4 hours and 50 min, but close enough. Played at a public course here in CT. Have played it before but not in a couple years, not a bad track really and usually it moves along pretty good which is why we decided to play there.

But yesterday was just brutal....it was a beautiful day so the course was very busy, which is fine....but this was out of control. The front 9 was 2 hours and 45 minutes. The 2 foursomes ahead of us were only playing 9 holes, we could see them heading for the parking lot and getting in their cars while we were playing the 9th.
When we finally made the turn, thinking we were home free, we were 3rd in line to tee off on the 10th, the course was sending people off the back 9 while people were still making the turn...it was horrible. Will never play there again.

Not to mention the lack of course mgt, not a course ranger to be found.

Also, what do you think about this course policy:

Age Requirements: Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older. Weekends and holidays, players under the age of 16 may play after 12:00 noon only

I think 16 is a little young to be "driving the ship" so to speak. There were very young children out there without an adult in site, hitting multiple tee shots, hacking up the course and not replacing divots and basically just taking forever while they goofed around.

I won't even discuss how I played.

That sux. I would have prolly split after 9.

Not to rub it it, but we tee'd off @ 6:30 and finished u p on 18 @ 10:10........
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

We had a 5 hour round on Saturday, but it was entirely because of us, not the people ahead of us. In my foursome was one guy who was on the course for his first time, and another who has only been playing for 2 weeks, and then myself and another who has played off and on for a few years. Although we were slow, we didn't hold anyone else up. We had others come up behind us twice, and when they caught up enough that they were waiting on us, we let them play through.

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

A 5 hour round at one of the public courses in my area (Dyker Beach GC, Brooklyn) would be considered SPEED GOLF. Still sucks though since you're used to quicker rounds.
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

I would go and mentally break down if I had to suffer through a five-hour round in this heat. Hell, 4 hours is unreasonable. Get in the cart and get the breeze going already! I find myself pacing back and forth on the tee box waiting for the guys in front to clear up - and when it's all said and done it's a four hour round. I can play a round in 2:30 without breaking a sweat (figuratively speaking - a soaked-through shirt is par for the course in summertime), and when I get slowed down, my game suffers accordingly.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

If you think that's bad, it took me (playing with just ONE friend) 3 and a half hours yesterday to play NINE HOLES.

We quit after nine because we were so disgusted.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

playing bad only makes it 100x worse....and obviously you didn't play too well.

Shot a 95. Not that I've never shot 95 before, but that's a course I've played before and shot high 80's on day where I felt I hit the ball just mediocre. I really thought I could put together a good round because I like the course and I've been hitting the ball decent lately (decent for me anyway).

I don't want to make excuses but I've never played well when the pace of play is brutally slow. So of course, I tell myself this when I'm out there and wouldn't you know it, I play poorly.

Age Requirements: Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older. Weekends and holidays, players under the age of 16 may play after 12:00 noon only

Our course lets 10 year olds play on their own if they like. But our only member at that age is perfectly fine and replaces divots and plays like any other member. I think as long as you know the rules you should be allowed to go out however you like. Obviously there will be the odd exceptions but if someone catches them then maybe someone should be done, but I haven't seen anything happen with the 10 year old, in fact, I've actually played quite a few rounds with him.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

4 hours and 50 minutes? Hehe, that's nothing. Two years ago I played one of our county courses. It's pretty cheap to play, therefore it attracts a lot of golfers, and maybe one group in every five or six groups might know how to play golf at an efficient pace.

Let's just say that round took close to six hours. We were waiting on every tee for at least 20 minutes, and there seemed to be at least two other foursomes waiting on the tee when we'd get there. No rangers in sight, and the problem wasn't just with the group ahead of us. They were playing on the ass of the group ahead of them, and so on, and so on.

I haven't played at that course since. It's unfortunate because for being such a cheap course, it's a Robert Trent Jones design, and I really like some of the holes on it (when they manage to keep it in decent shape). I'll probably play it again, but just go into it ahead of time knowing that it's going to be a long day.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!