IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure why there isn't already an NFL thread for this season (found last season's playoff thread, a free agency thread, and a draft thread) so I figured I might as well start one.  What has happened so far?

- The Niners looked good yesterday.

- Peyton Manning is in mid season form, as always.

- The Jets got sooooooooooooooooooooo freaking lucky.**

- One team (and almost two) finished a game with 2 points!

- And, most importantly, the Chargers are still undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for at least a few more hours)

**I would have been OK with the referee swallowing his whistle on that play.  Even though to the naked eye it looked like a clear penalty, in slow motion replay you can see that he did make contact with the QB before his foot hit the ground.  So, technically, he wasn't out of bounds yet. ;)

What in the heck is going to happen this year???????????

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's going to happen this year? Well, I suspect the usual...an immense amount of time wasted waiting for replay officials, which will coincidentally allow the networks to show us that many more beer commercials. I was flipping between two games on Sunday and in 20 minutes I think I only saw 2 minutes of actual football between injury timeouts, replays, and the turnover commercial break leading to the punt/runback commercial break.

The lack of continuity in a NFL game is astounding, they need to do something about it. I'd be perfectly happy with them selling advertising on the jerseys if they could get these games moving. OK, rant over...Go Skins!

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

:~(

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Week 1 observations: CK7 has the strongest arm/accuracy combo since John Elway, and is quickly becoming the leagues premier QB. People applaud his legs, but his arm is by far his strongest asset. Funny how fast the media hype train derailed on Cam Newton (and believe me, I had a sell rating on him from day 1) once CK emerged. I may just be a Cam hater, but his days are numbered as a starter unless he learns how to win, and fast (can anyone say Vince Young II?) Secondly, the Giants will be unbeatable once they stop turning the ball over. Lol at Dallas getting 6 TOs and only winning by 5.

These were my playoff picks before the season started: AFC: 1. Denver Broncos 13-3 2. New England Patriots 12-4 3. Houston Texans 11-5 4. Cincinnati Bengals 10-6 5. Kansas City Chiefs 9-7 6. Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8 NFC: 1. Seattle Seahawks 13-3 2. San Francisco 49ers 13-3 3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11-5 4. Chicago Bears 10-6 5. Green Bay Packers 10-6 6. New York Giants 8-8 So the Bucs pick isn't looking too hot. Patriots sucked yesterday for the most part. Defense was okay - one TD was on that Ridley fumble return and another was after a turnover that left the Bills only a few yards from the end zone, and the Bills took advantage of the Pats basically playing prevent defense with just a few seconds to go in the first half. Other than that, the Bills only had one big, sustained drive that led to a TD. But they looked sloppy. Dennard looked good, but he's in legal trouble, and could face jail time. That would force Kyle Arrington (who is actually pretty darn good as a nickel CB, but sucks on the outside) to matchup against a WR1 or WR2, which is scary. I thought during the preseason that the Bills had a chance to be pretty good (I picked them at 7-9, and thought that the over was more likely than under), and I really liked EJ Manuel. On the other hand, the Pats' offense was brutal. Ridley deserved his benching, and although Vereen was awesome, he's going to be out a month. Sudfeld pulled a hamstring at some point, but it's not like he was doing anything anyway. Thompkins was brutal. I'm still amazed that Brandon Lloyd is a free agent. I know he had fewer YAC last year than I did, but they had Thompkins run almost Lloyd's exact role in the offense from last season, and he just couldn't make the same catches. Amendola looks great if he can stay on the field. And I swear to Tebow if meenman comments on this with anything vaguely spygate- or Hernandez-related, I'll delete it in less time than Brandon Spikes was on the field before being taken off with dehydration (about 10 minutes).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm not sure why there isn't already an NFL thread for this season (found last season's playoff thread, a free agency thread, and a draft thread) so I figured I might as well start one.  What has happened so far?

- The Niners looked good yesterday.

- Peyton Manning is in mid season form, as always.

- The Jets got sooooooooooooooooooooo freaking lucky.**

- One team (and almost two) finished a game with 2 points!

- And, most importantly, the Chargers are still undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for at least a few more hours)

**I would have been OK with the referee swallowing his whistle on that play.  Even though to the naked eye it looked like a clear penalty, in slow motion replay you can see that he did make contact with the QB before his foot hit the ground.  So, technically, he wasn't out of bounds yet. ;)

What in the heck is going to happen this year???????????

• Niners looked okay, offense looked good, defense gave up more points than they should have.
  • Peyton has instance chemistry with Welker, this is going to be a potent pass offense, just need to find someone to run the ball every once in a while.
  • Jet's weren't lucky, we paid off the refs to make sure we won.  Honestly, it was a bad play by the Bucs, you never hit the QB when he's out of bounds.
  • Drafted Ryan Matthews so I hope this is the year he plays to the level he's been advertised at.

Joe Paradiso

Holy crap.....the Eagles won tonight?! :bugout:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Lions sucked the first half and were much better the second. Suh is still dirty. Sounds about the same as the last two years. Hopefully they get all the lucky breaks they got two years ago, and not have every one go against them like last year.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

It's a shame that Suh continues to play in such a reckless manner. How many touchdowns will be called back because of poor judgement hits. Fast forward to playoffs (go ahead laugh) and Lions score winning touchdown but it is called back for illegal hit. Suh is big on being strong but falls short on brains.

Very happy with the way my Niners played on Sunday. We have to cut down on some silly penalties. I love what Kaep was able to do FROM THE POCKET. His legs are there when he needs them but he clearly can be a great pocket passer in this league. Good Riddance Alex Smith AKA King of the Check-down.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Thought these were kind of cool: From: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/73694/pass-atlas-a-map-of-where-nfl-quarterbacks-throw-the-ball

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

And my Super Chokers keep the trend alive, that one was for you Norval

And that is precisely why ... [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/69880/2013-nfl-football#post_895168"]I hate football. [/quote]

And that is precisely why ...

At least your game was enjoyable to watch. Ours was miserable the whole time.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Holy crap.....the Eagles won tonight?!

The system looked good, especially for running (McCoy 184 yards).  But if I were an Eagles fans, I would cringe every time Vick ran with the ball.  Running QBs "will" eventually get hurt, not "may."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!