IGNORED

Average amount of $$$ wagered per round

Shaupeen
Note: This thread is 3848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play every weekend with three buddies and our average amount of cash exchanged is about $20 per person.  That isn't very much, but one of us still manages to whine incessantly when the cash isn't going in to his bag.  His money is the sweetest to pocket.

What are your payout averages per round?

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5* Aldila RIP

3 Wood: Titleist 910F 15* Aldila RIP

3 & 4 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotic XCG-5

5 & 6 Iron: Mizuno MP-H4 KBS Tour Shaft

7, 8, 9, & PW: Mizuno MP-59 KBS Tour Shaft

50, 54, & 60: Vokey SM4 Wedges

Putter: Scotty Circa 62 #3

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I enjoy having a little skin in the game if among friends.   $5 per side/per player is typical.  The most I ever lost was about $250 in a member-member tourney.  I don't remember the exact amount, but my partner put a $500'ish side bet on my team so I felt obligated to pay for half...LOL    I played OK/just average, but my partner sukked @SS.....I never saw a nickel of that money again!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

When playing with teammates I go with a standard $5 each side and overall, but some of them have pressed it pretty far. I remember a $2 side bet between two other guys that turned into one owing the other $100 or so because he kept pressing. It was interesting to watch, though something I would have never taken part in.

Never bet more than it cost you to play a round is my theory.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I remember a $2 side bet between two other guys that turned into one owing the other $100 or so because he kept pressing.

LOL....I knew a co-worker like that when I was a relative golf noob!  I had my very own pigeon!  Circa mid 1990s.....we had both been playing a few years.  I was a legit 10HC....him???  I don't know because he didn't have a HC,  but I gave him 3 strokes a side and made sure he played by the rules.  it was virtually never enough!!  hahahaha

We'd play quarter bets, and he'd still manage to lose $20 on a regular basis because he'd press like crazy!!.  We had payouts on everything...greenies, skins, snakes, birdies, sandies, bullets..etc, etc....We always walked and played courses that cost $20 or less.  I was basically playing golf for free when we played.  I'd ALWAYS agree to give him more strokes the next time, but it never failed........he'd show up at work bragging about how well he played "while I wasn't there" to see it..........He'd go on and on about how he shot XX, and XX, and XX...........and then he'd talk himself out of those extra strokes.  hahaha...it was a repeating cycle.  funny stuff....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Play in one group that is $25 per man (skins and closest to the pins).  Play in another that is $30 per man, same type thing.  And, occasionally I play with agroup that is $10 per hole.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Depends.....

If it's our normal 4-ball, we'll just play $5 a side and total Nassau.  One buddy and I will always play our own $5 Nassau too.  That can make it interesting when we're partners for the 4-ball but playing against each other individually!  Optional press once a side or total is lost.

If we have at least 2 full groups, we'll play Stableford and everyone will kick in $20.  $15 of it will go towards individual $5/side Nassau and we'll have a blind draw for partners who will split the remaining $5 on the total.  We'll also give everyone the option to throw $10 or $20 into a gross skins pot.  We never play net skins so some choose not to play.

In all of the above, the winners don't always win, because it's pretty well established that the winners buy the beer afterward.  Sometimes a $10 win can cost you a $50 bar bill.

I'd still rather win $5 from one of my rat bastard golf buddies than find a $100 bill on the street! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Decades ago our regular four ball would play $0.25 a hole skins game so each hole had a dollar riding on it.  Big stakes!  We would play carry overs and I recall winning 9 holes on #18; it wasn't even worth $10.

Currently, a buddy and I play $1/$1/$1 match play for front, back and total.  The money is merely symbolic and the real competition is for bragging rights.  Often we are simultaneously playing in a stroke play tournament.  It really helps keep us grinding even when we have shot ourselves out of the stroke play tourney.

The most recent "guy trip" to Scotland we all threw in $100 for the week and had 5 money rounds based on a modified Stableford game.  $20 a round is my limit currently and I won't bet in situations where there is a low probability of my winning (e.g. play straight up with a 2 handicapper).

Brian Kuehn

The standard bet at our club (for the guys who like to bet) used to be $5.00 four ways (1 front, 1 back, 2 total) with automatic presses at 2 up. Some guys got the bright idea that it wasn't fair that the press was worth as much as the side, so now the standard bet is $5.00 seven ways (2 front, 2 back, 3 total) with the presses worth one way. That way, if you win a side it is worth more than the press. It can get pretty comnplex with all the presses.

Bill M

The standard bet at our club (for the guys who like to bet) used to be $5.00 four ways (1 front, 1 back, 2 total) with automatic presses at 2 up. Some guys got the bright idea that it wasn't fair that the press was worth as much as the side, so now the standard bet is $5.00 seven ways (2 front, 2 back, 3 total) with the presses worth one way. That way, if you win a side it is worth more than the press. It can get pretty comnplex with all the presses.

Yeah, it can get frustrating to beat the heck out of someone for the side and then lose it all back on the press.  Of course, that sword cuts both ways too...... :-)

In David's bag....

I don't play for money, it stresses me out and I don't have fun even if I win.

It'll make you a better golfer though.....  Especially if you ever aspire to play in any tournaments.

Doesn't have to be a lot either.  I think it was Lee Trevino that used to say something along the lines that pressure wasn't a putt for $50,000, it was a putt for $5 when you only had $3 in your pocket!

In David's bag....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandly

I don't play for money, it stresses me out and I don't have fun even if I win.

Originally Posted by David in FL

It'll make you a better golfer though.....  Especially if you ever aspire to play in any tournaments.

Doesn't have to be a lot either.  I think it was Lee Trevino that used to say something along the lines that pressure wasn't a putt for $50,000, it was a putt for $5 when you only had $3 in your pocket!

That there is the truth. The guys who won't go for spit are rarely competitive in our big money tournaments. They just donate.

Bill M

It's not really about being better or worse, it's about being able to relax and enjoy myself if there is money on the line.. which unfortunately I cannot seem to do.  Plus when I play a casual round it's often to road test things I've been experimenting with on the range which is not a very good position to be betting from.  I haven't played in a golf tournament yet but I'd love to try one, I will definitely get a handicap index next year and join a men's league or something so I can hit some tournaments.

Used to be my dad and his friends would play "bingo, bango, bongo". Not sure anyone knows what that is, but they played it for like pocket change literally. 10 cents for each *first on, closest, first in* each hole.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

$20 per round

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3848 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!