IGNORED

Average amount of $$$ wagered per round

Shaupeen
Note: This thread is 3875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

$0, don't play for money, I don't find that it adds anything to the game for me.  I find chasing Old Man Par and his 8 brothers is all I need, I'm just trying to break 80 regularly and beat my personal best.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Regular Saturday game is a two-point per hole game -- cart against cart, low ball and low total with strokes of low handicap. Fifty cents per point. Points double on 18th hole. No presses. End of round, points round up to nearest dollar. Everyone's handicap is legit so often matches result in a one point victory.

Often, $1-$2 changes hands. A real beating can result in as much as $7. It is about winning some money and not about the amount of money.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I have played a little of everything, but no big money. At a club where I once belonged, the standard game was meet by the tree at 1:00 pm where 2 or 3 of the "A" players would choose up teams. $5 per man, "two-low"(the two lowest scores on each hole per team counted)winning team takes all. In one on one, I liked a $1 or $2 nassau. With one group of buddies, our standard game was .25/hole bogey, .50 par, $1 birdie, $2 eagle. Automatic $1 greenies, and $1 front, back, and total on gross score-all level-no handicapping. With 3 or 4 guys in the group all roughly 15 hcp, it was seldom that more than $5 net changed hands. Oh, my personal best was a one on one game against the local basketball coach one afternoon. Nine holes for a dollar a hole. I won $1, and we both shot 38. I don't play much for money anymore though.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoy having a game....even if it's a 10 cents a hole.  It's fun to have something riding on the outcome.  With that said, I don't like playing for money with people I don't know well.  I especially don't like losing, but I also don't like whipping a new golf acquaintances azz and taking their money either.  It's best when among close friends..IMO

Case in point....the first time I played a game called RABBIT was with relatively new golf friends.  It's a scratch game where whoever has the lowest score on a hole wins a rabbit leg. If a player wins a leg...it's 3 against 1 to take it away.   Our bet is whoever has a leg at the end of 9 holes gets $5 from each competitor.

We had played a few times before when they asked me to join the game.  I suppose they knew what they were getting themselves into. I cautiously agreed, but wasn't comfortable with my decision because we didn't know each other that well..  I went out and dumped an even-par 72 on them which made me feel guilty.    I didn't want them to think I suckered them....LOL  I told them I didn't want their money but they made me take it.   I now consider them good golf friends.  They tend to play later than me so I don't play with them very often, but I do play RABBIT when we do.  They've got into my pocket a few times, but I'm definitely up as a whole...LOL  Two of them are 10-12'ish...and one is maybe a 4hc so everyone has a chance if they just win a hole when it matters most!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Used to be in my regular group a really really bad day could cost you $100, now the worst is like $35. We play a team bet, medal play 5-5-10, and marks for closet to the pin, birdies, sandies, etc. Marks are worth a buck.

Michael

Typically nothing. I'm a BCK. Broke College Kid. Lol. My money gets spent on the round. If I do bet, it'll be like $1 a side for whoever has the least putts. Just small money to have a friendly competition.

If my son wins per hole $1 or if I win an extra hour of homework per the next week after we play a round.

I also made a side bet today about hitting a 5 iron and making the green on a 193 yard (rated course distance) par 3. Another $1 lost, missed it by 8 yards.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

$20 sounds about right. $10 match (straight up or Irish), plus junk for 9 holes. $5 Nassau, plus junk for 18. Skins sometimes. Usally $2 birdies and greenies, but up for anything personally. Love the action.

In my foursome I have nasseu with 2 guys at 3/3/3 sweep is worth 10 and normally I give a few strokes. Then another one straight up with a guy and we play 5/5/5 sweep is worth 20. Last we always have a team game or play wolf. We play 2 dollar points with 2 dollar skins. With 3 presses allowed per side. Lost of money can changes hands. I have lost as much as around 100 but one week played very well and made over 200. We also play at least 45 to 54 holes a day and money goes all day.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Not much $$ the last few years. Most of my playing partners want golf as a way to relax, so we don't play for money very often.

When I do play for money, it's usually a $1 skins game. A "big winner" might get $15.

Years ago I got into a foursome $1 skins game with some weird side bet. I had a bad day, and ended up losing $35. It was so cruel a day: on a long par 3 - a double-carryover hole - I was the only one on the green. Then, some guy who's been playing golf for six weeks sinks a 30-yard bunker shot for his first-ever birdie. I missed a 20-foot putt and got par, but no skins.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!