IGNORED

What Golf Training Aid Has Helped You The Most

Mulligan Jeff
Note: This thread is 3840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A friend gave me the Callaway Swing-Easy to use at the range and it really works. It helps the arms connect with the body. It feels like you can generate more power when your arms don't flare out from your body.

• Upvote 1

I had a problem slicing and I got the GyroSwing  that was on the Fore Inventors Only shot on Golf Channel.  It really helped me with both my swing plane and feeling a proper release.  Now I draw the ball pretty consistently and hit it more solidly.

I also got the Gold Flex for pre-round warmups, but I don;t now if it has really helped me much.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a problem slicing and I got the GyroSwing  that was on the Fore Inventors Only shot on Golf Channel.  It really helped me with both my swing plane and feeling a proper release.  Now I draw the ball pretty consistently and hit it more solidly.

I also got the Gold Flex for pre-round warmups, but I don;t now if it has really helped me much.

Like most amateurs I struggle with club head ahead of hands at impact (distance killer), I'll look into the Gyro Scope. Thanks for your support Turtleback.

slow motion video camera.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hands down.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That helped? First time my former instructor played back my videos I was ready to throw my clubs away. Kidding of course but yeah good tool despite the humbling experience. The best part, him putting up the side by side comparison of a pro with a similar build. It's akin to having your girlfriend laugh at your under the belt equipment when it's finally your lucky night.

Dave :-)

-My local golf pro, Ken... Best training aid I've ever used. -Cheap putting mat to keep my putting in check duuring the winter. -8ft net in the basement to keep the swing loose during the winter (have been debating adding the OptiShot or something to that scenario) -Laser range finder has been helpful with practicing the short game at the range Thinking about what someone said about swing comparisons to pro golfers on video analysis... It makes me think, the pro I work with always uses Luke Donald when he shows me side by side comparisons. It never occured to me to ask why (he has a lot of tour pro examples on his pc to choose from). Now I'm curious...

I have a Medicus 5 iron, alignment rods, and the orange whip. The orange whip helps loosen me up and helps set the tempo. It helps with timing mechanics too.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Alignment sticks ($2 each driveway markets from Lowe's).

Practicing with the sticks burned the proper alignment image look into my "mind's eye." Kind of like the golf "first down' line when you watch TV football.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Video Camera

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Unlimited range balls. Although they've also ****ed me up the most, so we'll call it a wash.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Unlimited range balls. Although they've also ****ed me up the most, so we'll call it a wash.

Hey Stretch, off topic, but how are you doing with that? Full recovery?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!