IGNORED

Uk golf clubs - membership issues

whatdafeck
Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

On signing up for annual membership what is the chances of the golf club requesting to see proof of age? I've just turned 30 and my annual membership has gone from £350 to £720 a year.

I'd imagine the chances are pretty good if they have a membership for those 29 and under and a different level for those 30-50 or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^^^^^^^^ What he said above. They'd be really dumb [U]not[/U] to check given the price disparity you quote.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

They will ask for a DOB to put in their system, along with a picture and other info if it is like a standard US country club.  Of course they will ask.  If you lie and give them a different year on your DOB you will have to "remember" that lie.

Then when you play with other guys and make friends at the club, you'll have to be careful talking about your age.  Then you will sound fishy when talking about high school graduation, college graduation, "I married my wife when I was 29" "But you just told me you're 28?"  So one big lie would then compound into a number of other lies.

All that hassle not telling the truth just to save $1 a day?  Man up and pay your fees or pick a different club.

WOW, I would never want to try to live that lie if I told them I wasn't 30 yet.  I would get caught.  But then, I would never even think about doing it.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Wow, double the price for different age brackets? I don't understand different prices for different ages unless it's for minors or seniors. Do you get more benefits in that age bracket for the increase in price?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Wow, double the price for different age brackets? I don't understand different prices for different ages unless it's for minors or seniors. Do you get more benefits in that age bracket for the increase in price?

Not unusual at all.  A lot of clubs over here do the same thing.  Some call them "Young Executive" memberships or something similar.  Some don't carry voting rights, but other than that generally no difference in benefits.  The purpose is to attract younger members at rates that are somewhat more in line with their relatively lower earnings in the hope that they will remain members moving forward when they can afford the normal rates.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Not unusual at all.  A lot of clubs over here do the same thing.  Some call them "Young Executive" memberships or something similar.  Some don't carry voting rights, but other than that generally no difference in benefits.  The purpose is to attract younger members at rates that are somewhat more in line with their relatively lower earnings in the hope that they will remain members moving forward when they can afford the normal rates.

This must be another example of my area being out of touch with how a lot of the other bigger areas are. There is "student pricing" which only applies to college students, juniors, regular, and senior rates. None of the prices are extremely different, usually only about $100 difference between each. The one private club here is much more expensive from what I understand and typically only doctors and lawyers can afford to be members there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This must be another example of my area being out of touch with how a lot of the other bigger areas are. There is "student pricing" which only applies to college students, juniors, regular, and senior rates. None of the prices are extremely different, usually only about $100 difference between each. The one private club here is much more expensive from what I understand and typically only doctors and lawyers can afford to be members there.

This is strictly private clubs that I'm referring to.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!