IGNORED

56 or 60 club face in a bunker ( various lays)

looseleftie
Note: This thread is 3837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh yeah friction

I open it up to like 88*, makes it much easier

Granted at impact it gets delofted a touch. But still over 80*

And you can do that with your 3 iron, right? Because loft doesn't matter...

And "uh yeah friction" means nothing. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ou could with the right amount of bounce.

you're not getting the point...enough of your science talk you can't get the club face of a wide open 3 iron to point at the target unless you're aiming way to the left of your target. not to mention 9 times out of 10 you would most likely hit the back of the hozzle

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

And that would give you the same results, with the same shot, and same percentages as a 56 or 60 degree, right? Since loft doesn't matter...

Do you still not get it yet?

Ryan M

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick1998bunker

And that would give you the same results, with the same shot, and same percentages as a 56 or 60 degree, right? Since loft doesn't matter...

Do you still not get it yet?

That's a rhetorical question - Right? :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I understand it exactly. I'm saying if you open up the face like you should than no matter what the loft is the same. The less lofted club it woul get harder to get one with all the right specs. And you would have to lower your hands.

I understand it exactly. I'm saying if you open up the face like you should than no matter what the loft is the same. The less lofted club it woul get harder to get one with all the right specs. And you would have to lower your hands.

Now I get it.  We have to get down on our knees to hit an explosion with a 3I. :loco:

You should really listen to  your elders, son.  We've already taken and passed our various geometry and trigonometry courses.  We know that what you propose is pure hogwash.  I've hit explosion shots with up to an 8I, and they are very definitely not the same as with my 54° SW.  Try to open a 8i to a 60° loft and you will be hitting the ball with the hosel, not the face - it doesn't matter how low your hands are, you still have rotate the clubhead too far to add that much loft.

Rick

Bounce is important, but it only lets your utilize the loft correctly. You don't need 80 plus degrees of loft, maybe for short side shots.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Bounce is important, but it only lets your utilize the loft correctly. You don't need 80 plus degrees of loft, maybe for short side shots.

But...but...the friction!

Ryan M

Again, read what I wrote before: [quote name="jamo" url="/t/69966/56-or-60-club-face-in-a-bunker-various-lays/0_30#post_899547"] That's not entirely true. Most people open the face of their wedges in the sand, which serves the dual purposes of increasing the effective loft and adding bounce. When you start with a club that has less loft (say, a 56˚ rather than a 60˚), you have to open it more, which exposes more bounce. [/quote] That pretty much sums up why both loft and bounce are important.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

but if you can open up a 56 and a 60 and have the same amount of bounce depending on the club.

What? Proofread, man. I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

but if you can open up a 56 and a 60 and have the same amount of bounce depending on the club.

and you don't have to hit the hosel. why cant you hit the face?

:hmm: Haven't got a clue what he just tried to say here.

Rick

and you don't have to hit the hosel. why cant you hit the face?

Show me a video of you hitting a 3 iron with a wide open face and then we can continue this discussion, it's impossible unless you're some sort of alien who can morph his arms and hands into awkward positions

FT Optiforce 440 Diamana S+, Nike covert tour Kuro Kage, Mizuno MP54 4-PW, Vokey SM5 52 56 60, Odyssey White Ice #2

Note: This thread is 3837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!