IGNORED

Which Gap Wedge do you use?

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish cleveland had different sole grinds for there wedges. They have the most bounce in any of the major club manufactures. I know, i could go to Edel and get some crazy amount of bounce on my wedges, but 200 dollars is a bit stiff for me. I think i need to get wedge fitted here soon, find out which grinds work best.

As for me, I just pick my irons, and i just use a spreadsheet to look at the numbers to find were a good gap wedge would fit. I am getting a new set of Mizuno's irons soon. They stop their PW at 46 degrees. I am not sure if I want to just get a Mizuno 50 or 52 wedge, and another brand for the 56 and 60. I hardly use the 50-52 around the greens, so I want something more full swing. Kinda wish Mizuno made 50 degree MP 59 ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My gap wedge matches my 56 and 60 degree wedges. All are vokeys. My PW is still the one that matches my iron set.

same for me

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Gave my vokeys to my son, should say they where in his bag one day, he plays really well with them a 50 and 56. Went out and got a set of Ping tour wedges but no confidence in them or me using them.

I now play with a full get of G25's that match my set. Looking down on them and seeing the same style as my other clubs have helped, and I am all for any help I can get.

PW 45

UW 50

SW 54

LW 58

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

50 degree Adams 1208....it came standard in he iron set 4-GW....its a good stick but my SW is a 54.5 deg Adams A7OS....an equally good stick.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

If possible, I always use the Gap wedge that comes with the set, because for me, Gap wedge shots are always full swings, and I rather have a consistent feeling throughout the set.

If the set does not come with a Gap wedge, I use a 50 degree Vokey or Cleveland wedge.

I have a 50 degree.  my GW/SW/LW ar Mizuno JPX wedges, they were on sale and I like Mizzie.  (though why on earth would a wedge have a cavity back I don't know.  They seem fine to me.)

since my PW is 46, and my wedge with bounce 56/12 would be a typical SW, then I guess the 50 covers the gap nicely.  (It's about 10 yards from both for clean/full swings  100/ 110 /120 yards)

Bill - 

I don't use a gap wedge.

"Then how do you measure yourself against other golfers?" - Judge Smails

50 Vokey for now, but I am thinking moving to PW, 52, 58 instead.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My PW (45°) is Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal that is part of my iron set. I liked the Gunmetal finish. So I got a 588 Gunmetal GW 51°, SW 57°, LW 64°

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• 2 weeks later...
The end is nearing for my Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 Gunmetal Wedges: (51°/6), (57°/10), (64°/8). I have gotten lots if use from all three, but they are close to the point of retirement. I really like the gunmetal finish and the Cleveland name brand. Anyone else playing a Cleveland gunmetal or black wedge or two that they really like?

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

The end is nearing for my Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 Gunmetal Wedges: (51°/6), (57°/10), (64°/8). I have gotten lots if use from all three, but they are close to the point of retirement. I really like the gunmetal finish and the Cleveland name brand. Anyone else playing a Cleveland gunmetal or black wedge or two that they really like?

Those are what I have (had), different lofts and bounce though. Loved the gunmetal finish! I am replacing them now as they have seen better days. I happened on a new cg15 60/12 lob wedge at Dicks a few weeks ago and just picked up a new 588 52/08 at my home course on close out. Just gotta get a deal on a sand wedge now. I am going to sell my gap wedge that came with the 825 set. I just like the Cleveland's too much!

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!