IGNORED

What's the most you've paid for a round of golf (all included)

skywaterbanjo
Note:Β This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

... and was it worth it?

I got to play Pebble Beach last year (bucket list) with a caddy. Β All in, about $700 with tips. Β I couldn't make a habit of it but there was something special about walking down the 18th fairway, thinking of all of the great golf I watched on television on that hole (and others). Β Shot a 54/42. Β Took a while to calm down!

It was incredibly nerve wracking to have 50 people (tourists, mostly) standing on the first tee box watching.

Mark in Colorado

• Administrator

About $300 at the Old Course, and yes.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Accounting for inflation- the round at Pebble in 1986 for $125 was probably the most paid relatively speaking. Since then, I've never paid more than $100 at any course. The PB experience was one of those bucket list items you can't pass up. I was in the area, called the day before as a single and had no problems. No caddies at the time, and we all got our own carts. Wives and such were riders for the other 3 guys. A near perfect day in April- morning fog followed by sunshine and no wind. Started out 4 under after 3 holes (birdie, eagle, birdie) and thought "wow, this is EASY"... Well, that didn't last, pretty much lost those over the NEXT 4 holes. Kept out of trouble through most of the rest of the day, came to 18 with a chance at shooting 80 with a par. Put my drive behind those trees with no direct line, but I couldn't hit my 3 wood straight to save my life. So I aimed out over the Pacific and gave it a whack. Ball took off over the water and gently curved back into the middle of the fairway about 100 yds out. Easy wedge to about 12 ft above the hole and trickled in the putt for a 79. THE CROWD WENT WILD!!!! Well, at least the 20 or so folks having lunch and standing on that balcony made an effort at a golf clap or three. Tipped my hat to the "crowd" and said goodbye to my partners, went inside and had a stiff drink.

$150 Harbortown 1999. Not worth it. Played the front from white tee, and was hitting 5woods off the tee. Played the back 9 from the blue tees, and actually played better. I'm a fairly straight hitter, so the course really didn't seem too hard.

$150 Harbortown 1999. Not worth it. Played the front from white tee, and was hitting 5woods off the tee. Played the back 9 from the blue tees, and actually played better. I'm a fairly straight hitter, so the course really didn't seem too hard.

$125 and yes, I thought it was worth it or I wouldn't have done it. Β No way I'd pay the price at Pebble. Β To me, no course in the world is worth that much.Β Β  I have never been in the habit of bagging courses just so I can put them in my sig on the The Trap. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Passatiempo - late 90's - $105 -

I walked, wanting to enjoy the views. I was paired with a guy who was 10 yrs younger, walked faster, and had better game. I did not enjoy huffing and puffing the first 4 holes. I was a golf newbie - 2 yrs into it - and not enough game and bad temperament. Was not what I wanted. Not worth it to me. I could handle it now, with or without game.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

About $100 and it was worth it. Β I have been considering playing Erin Hills($390)Β or Whistling(about $450 I think). Β If so I would do it next year. Β Just don't know if I can bring myself to pay that much for a round of golf.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

$300 at TPC Sawgrass.Β  I'm not sure the round of golf itself was worth $300, but having played the course and being able to watch the tournament every year having that perspective is.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Passatiempo - late 90's - $105 -

I walked, wanting to enjoy the views. I was paired with a guy who was 10 yrs younger, walked faster, and had better game. I did not enjoy huffing and puffing the first 4 holes. I was a golf newbie - 2 yrs into it - and not enough game and bad temperament. Was not what I wanted. Not worth it to me. I could handle it now, with or without game.

Same course but paid $220/cart in 2011.Β  It was worth it b/c I played with two people I loved (my wife & brother) and they liked the course.Β Β  If I were to play by myself, I don't know if I'd go back. Β  There are other courses that I have not been to.Β Β  I will spend my money on those.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

$60 so far. Β Even that's a lot of doh for a round for me. Β My game is not up to the point where I can enjoy the goodness of course at the same time play decent golf. Β Maybe ifΒ I raise my game up in the future I may try out some nice courses. Β For now I stick with "all you can play" course or muni.

I know what you mean.Β Β  But I'd still like to do it. Β  If I do, it will have to be before I retire (while I have purchasing power) or I will never be able to.

I recently looked into playing at Pebble and the only available way to do it is by buying their stay and play package.Β Β  For 2 night & 2 round package, it comes to $2k+ per player.Β Β  That's $4k+ for me and my missus.Β  The money can feed a small African country village for 6 months.Β Β  Geesh.

I am told that there are ways to play a round without going with the package deal.Β Β  Once I get over the sticker shock, I will look into it.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

If this counts, I did not pay for it but would have if my customer had not offered. Trump National $350 with cart per person, a great course, well taken care of, great views of the ocean, water falls on hole 1 and 18Β but not a course i will pay for anytime soon.

Mike M.

IronsΒ G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome,Β 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

About $300 at the Old Course, and yes.

This is on mine and my sons bucket list, we take about it all the time. God willing it will be in the next 2 years, we hope it will be right before he start collage.

Mike M.

IronsΒ G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome,Β 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I know what you mean.Β Β  But I'd still like to do it. Β  If I do, it will have to be before I retire (while I have purchasing power) or I will never be able to. I recently looked into playing at Pebble and the only available way to do it is by buying their stay and play package.Β Β  For 2 night & 2 round package, it comes to $2k+ per player.Β Β  That's $4k+ for me and my missus.Β  The money can feed a small African country village for 6 months.Β Β  Geesh. I am told that there are ways to play a round without going with the package deal.Β Β  Once I get over the sticker shock, I will look into it.

You can still do it as I did... Although a twosome might be tricky... "Non-Resort guests may book The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course up to 6 months in advance, Spyglass Hill Golf Course up to 1 month in advance, and Pebble Beach Golf Links 1 day in advance ."

Note:Β This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!