IGNORED

What's the most you've paid for a round of golf (all included)

skywaterbanjo
Note: This thread is 3870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First time at Pebble Beach in the early 1990's: $175 each (me & my wife) plus $300 for a night's lodging at the Lodge at Pebble Beach (required for the tee time).  It was worth it for the experience.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was incredibly nerve wracking to have 50 people (tourists, mostly) standing on the first tee box watching.

I had to smile at your observation.  Same with me at Pebble and also the Old Course.  The Old Course probably has more people hanging around because the first tee is right in the middle of town and the entire course is more accessible.  You have people pushing baby carriages and tour buses crossing the first and 18th fairways in between tee shots.

Brian Kuehn

$300 at TPC Sawgrass.  I'm not sure the round of golf itself was worth $300, but having played the course and being able to watch the tournament every year having that perspective is.

+1 - I live near TPC Sawgrass and play a couple times a year, anywhere from $150 to $300 (off season they have a locals special).  It's worth it to test the long game and saves.  I also play Mayakoba in Mexico once a year which runs about $230 - it's like golfing in paradise.  I would definitely pay $700 for PB without a second thought...

It was incredibly nerve wracking to have 50 people (tourists, mostly) standing on the first tee box watching.

That's gonna make my wife nervous.   I am probably going to hit one the best drives for the round.  I tend to do better with audience. :-D

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

$145 - Wolf Creek, Las Vegas ... so completely worth it, doing it again this winter.   I'm such a bottomfeeder - can't imagine paying more than that to play golf.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

The round was $495, Caddie was $80, and we tipped him $100 each.  Plus, souvenir balls, ditty bag, etc.  I was out there for a biz meeting in Carmel and had the secretary call the day before.  We got the last tee time because someone else cancelled.  Teed off at 2:30, walked off 18 at 8:40, in pitch dark.  Our last putts were in darkness with a light mounted on the tree as our source.  Still smiling.

Mark in Colorado

Cape Kidnappers (New Zealand) a couple of years ago.  $215 (off season price for locals).  Worth every cent and more:

Got it on a perfect day, no wind.  Service was incredible, condition of course was beyond exceptional.  Group of lads on a week long golf trip prior to a wedding.  Stopped after 9 for food & beers (only about 2 to 3 other groups on the course that day).

Tough course but an awesome experience.

In my  :sunmountain: H2NO bag:

910 D3 (9.5° - A1 setting)

910 F-d (15° - A1 setting)

4DX (20°)

:mizuno: MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-PW)

:mizuno: MP-T4 (50°), (54°), :callaway: Jaws (60°)

Select Newport 2 2012)

Cape Kidnappers (New Zealand) a couple of years ago.  $215 (off season price for locals).  Worth every cent and more:

Got it on a perfect day, no wind.  Service was incredible, condition of course was beyond exceptional.  Group of lads on a week long golf trip prior to a wedding.  Stopped after 9 for food & beers (only about 2 to 3 other groups on the course that day).

Tough course but an awesome experience.

Wow.  North Island or South?

Mark in Colorado

Wow.  North Island or South?

East coast of North Island.  Has a sister course (Kauri Cliffs) in the north of the North Island (Bay of Islands).  Both owned by US businessman Julian Robertson.  Hoping to get to play Kauri Cliffs at some point but would absolutely kill for another hit at Cape Kidnappers, kind of spoiled my 1st round by being ridiculously hung-over.

In my  :sunmountain: H2NO bag:

910 D3 (9.5° - A1 setting)

910 F-d (15° - A1 setting)

4DX (20°)

:mizuno: MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-PW)

:mizuno: MP-T4 (50°), (54°), :callaway: Jaws (60°)

Select Newport 2 2012)

Cape Kidnappers (New Zealand) a couple of years ago.  $215 (off season price for locals).  Worth every cent and more: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/83352/] CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 71 [/URL] Got it on a perfect day, no wind.  Service was incredible, condition of course was beyond exceptional.  Group of lads on a week long golf trip prior to a wedding.  Stopped after 9 for food & beers (only about 2 to 3 other groups on the course that day). Tough course but an awesome experience.

Beautiful!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

$325 for TPC Blue Monster at Doral. Worth it? Of course. Since I'm also a member at a private club and can play as many rounds as I want, I'd rather play one really nice course for $300 than 5 average courses for $60 a round.

I don't think that I've ever spent more than $100 on a round of golf... this next TST Outing at Oak Quarry will actually be the most I've spent on a single round and that'll be $85.

I wouldn't be opposed to spending more though for the right course. I actually had plans to go to Bandon this past summer but those got a bit sidetracked.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

haha...I'm not even sure, but I think the most expensive round I ever played was at WDW.  I didn't plan to play so I didn't bring any golf stuff.  Once I was there, I couldn't resist the urge.....so I did..  I didn't even have shoes of any kind!!  I played in non-golf sandals...LOL  It was funny...I chose to kick off the sandals and play certain shots in bare feet.  IE...from the bunkers.

Green fees were only about $85 at that time for resort guests, but by the time I paid $80 for rental clubs, purchased a glove, tees, and a couple sleeves of balls at WDW prices, that round cost $209.  LOL....I've played at these resort courses a few times since, and hell yes...I brought my own gear.  Hehe

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

About 250 dollars for playing Kingsbarns - would do it a 100 times over (if I'd be be able to financially).

The 200 we spent on Old Course were probably better experience wise - as some of you are already writing, just walking around with a big smile on your face is amazing.

Playing TPC Sawgrass this X-mas, seems to land somewhere around 260 for each round so we'll see if the new max is the new favorite.

We clearly have a full range of disposable income levels here.  The only way anyone could justify the price they ask for Pebble is if he is in a very different income bracket than I am.  I'm living in a nice house on a 2 acre lot right on the beach in the Bahamas, yet the thought of paying more than $500 for a single round of golf just creeps me out.  And that doesn't count the cost of food and lodging and getting there.

A few weeks ago, my brother and I played golf for 7 days on premium courses in Colorado for less than the cost of one round at Pebble.  I'll stick to watching it on TV.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
We clearly have a full range of disposable income levels here.  The only way anyone could justify the price they ask for Pebble is if he is in a very different income bracket than I am.

You might spend more on food. Or housing. Or something else.

Rich, you constantly do this in these kinds of threads - imposing your values as if they're the values of all, and completely failing to understand and appreciate that others can have different values and viewpoints. Some people will "save their birthday money" (so to speak) to play at Pebble Beach ONE TIME. You saved enough to retire to the Bahamas. Good for you - but you come off as incredibly (something) when you say things like "paying that much creeps me out." Other people place different values on different things. Your failure to grasp this after 60+ years on Earth is astounding .

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!