IGNORED

If you could carry a 15th club what would it be??

David L Yskes
Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't think of any.  I hit my 3H almost as long as my 3W and much straighter, so I can't see needing another wood.  I carry 4 wedges PW, 50, 54 and 58, but could play without the 50 or 54 if needed.

As for the long putter, the driver is long enough for setting up drops.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess if I had to I would add a gap wedge. I'd bump my 54 up to a 56 and get a 51 or 52. Actually, I don't like that. My 54 is good because a stock swing goes 100 yards. Maybe I'd just go Erik and Fourputt's big-ass putter route.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Oh you could do a fade driver and a draw driver.  Or a distance putter and a short-range putter (is that legal)?  Or you could just add a second copy of the club you're most likely to break in rage (that would be my driver).

I carry 13 at this point and do not see a need for any others. Don't carry a 60, thought about it but do not see a need, do have 3H that I use a lot not a long hitter so it really helps and only Carry one wood a 4 16.5.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I can't think of any.  I hit my 3H almost as long as my 3W and much straighter, so I can't see needing another wood.  I carry 4 wedges PW, 50, 54 and 58, but could play without the 50 or 54 if needed.

As for the long putter, the driver is long enough for setting up drops.

Really?  You'd have no use for up to an extra 15" per clublength of relief (not talking about a belly putter here, but a full, max length broomstick like what the guy who anchored it to his chin used )?  I'm 6'2" so I could conceivably use a 60" to 62" broomstick putter without getting ridiculous.  I can think of a bunch of times where that would have been a godsend.  Unplayable lie in 2 foot deep native rough and 2 drivers leaves me still in the junk, while 2 broomstick putters puts me in the mowed rough.  Or takes that tree completely out of my line when dropping out of a lateral water hazard.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Really?  You'd have no use for up to an extra 15" per clublength of relief (not talking about a belly putter here, but a full, max length broomstick like what the guy who anchored it to his chin used)?  I'm 6'2" so I could conceivably use a 60" to 62" broomstick putter without getting ridiculous.  I can think of a bunch of times where that would have been a godsend.  Unplayable lie in 2 foot deep native rough and 2 drivers leaves me still in the junk, while 2 broomstick putters puts me in the mowed rough.  Or takes that tree completely out of my line when dropping out of a lateral water hazard.

I still think I get more use out of a lefty club vs the times that in incremental 15-20" would make a difference.  Yeah, I can flip a wedge over, but control, contact, and if necessary, distance are gonna be a lot easier with a lefty club.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Really?  You'd have no use for up to an extra 15" per clublength of relief (not talking about a belly putter here, but a full, max length broomstick like what the guy who anchored it to his chin used)?  I'm 6'2" so I could conceivably use a 60" to 62" broomstick putter without getting ridiculous.  I can think of a bunch of times where that would have been a godsend.  Unplayable lie in 2 foot deep native rough and 2 drivers leaves me still in the junk, while 2 broomstick putters puts me in the mowed rough.  Or takes that tree completely out of my line when dropping out of a lateral water hazard.

I still think I get more use out of a lefty club vs the times that in incremental 15-20" would make a difference.  Yeah, I can flip a wedge over, but control, contact, and if necessary, distance are gonna be a lot easier with a lefty club.

I can see that as possible for some players.  I'm so dominantly right handed that trying to swing lefty with any club would be more detrimental to my score than declaring the ball unplayable. :roll: (And by going the unplayable route, I get to use the neato 60" putter I just added ;-) )

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I only carry 12 clubs so it doesn't really make sense for me to answer this, but probably another hybrid or 5 wood

:wilson: Deep Red - Tour 12.0 Driver 

Pinemeadow - 15 Degree 3W 

Pinemeadow - 23 Degree 4 Hy

:titleist: DCI Oversize + Black - 4-PW

:tarmour: 845s Silver Scot - SW

:dunlop: Tour TP11 - LW

:cleve: Classic Collection HB 10.0 Satin Chrome - Putter

:wilson_staff: Feather SL Black Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!