IGNORED

iOS 7

iacas
Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am hearing bad reviews from some friends of mine.  I don't have much on my iPhone yet, but I think I will let the dust settle first.

I'm on day 4 and I'm getting used to it.  Most things are annoyances, like trash bin is on opposite side in Mail App, cleaning out text messages isn't as intuitive.  Battery life still seems an issue but that's a trade-off to have multi-tasking on some apps.  So far I haven't found any apps that don't work right so in all I'd say you're safe if you want to upgrade.  All in all it was a much smoother transition than going from Windows 7 - Windows 8

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I hated the iOS 7. I'm getting used to it but I don't like the ghost white keyboard and screens on some apps. I wish that they would release a "classic" view much like Microsoft did when XP came out.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

I upgraded it on Friday.  I think it is much better than iOS 6.  I like all the features including ability to nest folders within a folder and being able to put that useless "Newsstand" in a folder.

I also like being able to get access to some of the settings without having to open "Settings".

All in all, a great improvement over iOS 6.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

I worked around the limit of 9 viewable items in a folder… by deleting about 18 apps I almost never used.

My "Games" folder was consolidated to one folder (previously Games I and Games II), my "Apple" folder grew to include the Apple apps I almost never use, and the only folders that have multiple screens now are "Apple" (9 and 8), "Utilities" (9 and 3), "Games" (9, 9, 9), and "Sports" (9 and 7).

Plus I was able to move more things onto the "desktop."

And no, Kickstarter isn't really about music, but it's not really about the other things either, and I had room there. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

iacas - I play Wurdle too. Have you tried Letterpress?

I have 1Password, Dropbox, Maps and Settings on my home screen as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
iacas - I play Wurdle too. Have you tried Letterpress?

I have it, yeah. I don't play games very much at all. Almost all the games I have are free. The train one is great. Trainyard. Real fun.

I think I bought that one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

This is an iOS 7 thread, but I finally got to an Apple Store to try out the 5S. It's already been said by others, but while on the surface, the new model doesn't look much improved, man, it is fast . And it's not because of LTE, at the store it was disabled so I used wifi on the 5S and 5C (which is the 5 pretty much.) I don't do gaming, but general usage, everything comes up instantly. My 2 year old iPhone feels like it's 5 years old now. There's only a high fps button for video so not much in the way of control there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I had the 5S now for a few days now (upgrade from the 4S) and I really like the speed. After I got the phone, I tested the difference in speed by opening up some games that I know need some significant processing power, like Infinity Blade II, and just starting the game took time with 4S while the 5S just opened up with no delay at all. The fingerprint scan does recognize your fingerprint well regardless of how you place it on the sensor, which is pretty cool and you can register as many as you like. There are some times it doesn't read and if it can't recognize your fingerprint after 3 tries, then you have to input your unlock code (difficult password if you chose that setting). Doesn't happen often, but it's really just a minor inconvenience if that does happen.

I did test out the slo-mo camera by filming my kids playing and there is no drop in quality compared to taking a regular video. What I like is when you do playback, you can customize what parts of the video you want to slow down to 120 FPS. I did try to upload the video onto youTube, but it always says that the upload was unsuccessful. I haven't researched enough to find out why, but I just don't think video is compatible to upload.

For iOS 7 in general, overall I like the upgrade and really didn't find too many things I found to be an annoyance. The control panel you get from sliding from the bottom-up is a significant improvement compared to the last they had and I like how it's accessible without unlocking the phone.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I had the 5S now for a few days now (upgrade from the 4S) and I really like the speed. After I got the phone, I tested the difference in speed by opening up some games that I know need some significant processing power, like Infinity Blade II, and just starting the game took time with 4S while the 5S just opened up with no delay at all. The fingerprint scan does recognize your fingerprint well regardless of how you place it on the sensor, which is pretty cool and you can register as many as you like. There are some times it doesn't read and if it can't recognize your fingerprint after 3 tries, then you have to input your unlock code (difficult password if you chose that setting). Doesn't happen often, but it's really just a minor inconvenience if that does happen.

I did test out the slo-mo camera by filming my kids playing and there is no drop in quality compared to taking a regular video. What I like is when you do playback, you can customize what parts of the video you want to slow down to 120 FPS. I did try to upload the video onto youTube, but it always says that the upload was unsuccessful. I haven't researched enough to find out why, but I just don't think video is compatible to upload.

For iOS 7 in general, overall I like the upgrade and really didn't find too many things I found to be an annoyance. The control panel you get from sliding from the bottom-up is a significant improvement compared to the last they had and I like how it's accessible without unlocking the phone.

I upgraded to the iPhone 5S last weekend as well, and I have to concur with nearly all of this. It really showcases what iOS 7 is capable of, much more so than my old 4S (on which I thought the interface was somewhat clunky).

As a side note, I'm really enjoying iTunes Radio, too. I was to the point of not listening to Pandora anymore, because my station had been whittled down to only songs I already had in my music collection. I'm back to a clean slate again, and I like that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

As a side note, I'm really enjoying iTunes Radio, too. I was to the point of not listening to Pandora anymore, because my station had been whittled down to only songs I already had in my music collection. I'm back to a clean slate again, and I like that.

You can change the slider to be "more discovery" too to keep the playlist "fresher."

Every time I try iTunes Radio, it tells me to turn on wi-fi before using it, despite the fact that I have wi-fi on. On another note, syncing podcasts has always been iffy, but it just doesn't work for me at all now. I basically do it all manually at this point because it never gets it right. All I want it to do is update the podcasts on my Mac and my iPhone to the most-listened-to state when I sync, either over wi-fi or using the cable (or have it be done automatically [via iCloud?] like it seems to do well with half-listened podcasts). I'm not not sure why that's so difficult.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Is anyone having issues sending messages?  My wife and I are.  I try to send a message and it gets hung up and does not send.  I can click on it though and then select to send as a text message instead of sending as an iMessage.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/imessage-ios-working-properly-apple-fix-update/story?id=20444862

I have also become increasingly annoyed by the slide feature.  It seems you have to do is so slow in order for it to work properly.  I could just flick it before.  What a spoiled brat I am. :-D

My wife's phone also drops calls like crazy since the switch.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

Is anyone having issues sending messages?  My wife and I are.  I try to send a message and it gets hung up and does not send.  I can click on it though and then select to send as a text message instead of sending as an iMessage.

Reset your network settings. Fixed it for me.

I have also become increasingly annoyed by the slide feature.  It seems you have to do is so slow in order for it to work properly.  I could just flick it before.  What a spoiled brat I am.

My wife's phone also drops calls like crazy since the switch.

The latter is not affected by iOS 7. The radios and such are the same.

The former I don't get. It seems to be the same exact speed to me. I haven't had to adjust anything on my end.

Thanks for the tip, maybe the second part is just operator error.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Just some additional info on the fingerprint scanner that may pose a problem for some. I have some really dry hands and sometimes the skin cracks really bad on my fingertips especially after a range session or round of golf. I notice that my print becomes far less recognizable if it crack and may have to resort to using the unlock code. Moistening my hands with sanitizer or just washing them makes it more recognizable but as they dry out again, the same problem happens.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• 3 weeks later...
Newest update stinks because... It Won't Update!

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• Administrator

It's updated perfectly on all of my devices. I like how they've minimized zooming in and out when you reduce motion. iCloud Keychain should be sweet too.

Worked for me. Updated to OS X 10.9 too, which seems nice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!