IGNORED

The Green Out Of Bounds???

Always an 80
Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This whole scenario sounds too bogus.  OP is saying that some PGA official at an undisclosed tournament 30 years ago at an undisclosed location determined that since the OB stakes on each side of the hole have run out , therefore you draw a direct line between them. Who would even think of such a thing?  I say let's wait for further info from the OP, or write it off as a pirate trick, arrrrrrrr! (Today is Talk Like A Pirate Day)

I would think that the first person confronted with the possibility of being out of bounds on the green would have protested it, so I don't see your concern as likely to be valid.

Like I stated originally ... it is crazy. I have not spoken to my friend for a couple of years now. But I will call him to see how he is doing and get the info from him again. I will repost after I speak with him. Now that we are into this one good I am really interested myself about any further details that may come to light!

But do you agree with me that the moment it was discovered, the error should have been corrected rather that penalizing a player for such an obvious screw up?

If it was called in anonymously, absolutely not.  Rules are rules, doggoneit

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While I have never seen it where part of the green was OB, and definitely have trouble with it being in a PGA event...anyways, I have seen where an inadequate number of OB stakes on a hole behind a green made portions of 2 different run off areas on either side of a green OB.  The area behind the green was pretty much designed in a half circle.  The grass was mowed to fairway length in 2 different areas on either side of the green and because there was only 3 OB stakes (one on either side about midways with the green and one directly in the middle back...if your ball ran off the green and all the way to the edge of mown area...you were OB (by drawing a straight line between 2 stakes.  It was a new course and this was their inaugural member event.  Before the next event, 4 additional stakes were added.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!