IGNORED

Sean Foley Interview with Peter Mansbridge (Canadian anchor)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoyed this. Didn't seem to fit into any particular existing thread but if the Mods feel it should be somewhere else, please go ahead.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was distracted by the short haircut...

Look, I think Sean has taken great talent, and I don't really know if his players have under or over-performed.

I think Tiger has underperformed, and believe Westwood and Rose are in the higher echelons, but haven't won as much as one might expect with "better" coaching. Yes, he raised their games, but perhaps their short games and mental games are lacking. The jury is out.

Sean also tends to use $100 words/phrases that can distract from his message.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I enjoyed this. Didn't seem to fit into any particular existing thread but if the Mods feel it should be somewhere else, please go ahead. [URL=http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/Mansbridge%20One%20on%20One/ID/2407747970/[/URL]

Might have to add "Myelin" to the title somewhere.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was waiting for it, but he never said it! :-)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 5 months later...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

I downloaded it. I don't have 24 minutes right now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thought I'd seen this interview before. Merged into a thread from a few months ago. (But I stole @nevets88 's title.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As much as I don't want to like Foley, I can't help but like him when I see an interview like this.  He comes off pretty grounded, especially when he acknowledges that Tiger, Scott and Mahan came to him developed and doesn't want to take credit for their success.  Compare his position to Haney who felt the need to write an entire book so he could take credit for Tiger's success.

It's good that he reminds us that a 62 is an outlier and that 70 is average.  I often consider a guy that shoots 62 then 70 having choked when in reality he might not have.  I also like how he re-enforced what Dave was saying in his thread about aiming for the center of the green.  If the best pro on tour averages 25' to the flag from 150 yards out, what chance do I have, especially if the flag is tucked away in the corner of the green?

I think overall he's good for golf, especially the work he's doing with kids.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I like the guy. Laid back, tells it how it is

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I was distracted by the short haircut...

i know this was from last year but why is his haircut distracting?  when i had hair i used to keep it much shorter than that.

Colin P.

i know this was from last year but why is his haircut distracting?  when i had hair i used to keep it much shorter than that.

The sides are even shorter than my mid-60's flat top.... :-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

At least he has hair :censored: #receedinghairline #lowtide

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!