IGNORED

what driver should I get

thehammer
Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have been looking to replace my R9 with a newer club, i have been to the simulators and i have narrowed it down to the slider :tmade: and the X hot :callaway: I really like the X hot but I like the features of the slider. I just wanted to get some input from some people who have them.

BTW if there is any suggestions for a club that would be great.

Hi Just got a Callaway Extreme 9.5* grafalloy red SC and it's a bomb.Out performs my old Titleist 910 any day.the smaller head is really forgiving to and is super clean to look down on..Highly recomended....

TAYLORMADE M2 10.5* MATRIX OZIK BLACK TIE 60S

TAYLORMADE SLDR 17* OBAN DEVOTION 4 60S

CALLAWAY APEX CF16 FORGED 4-PW TT XP95 S300

TITLEIST VOKEY SM5 52F* 60K*

TITLEIST SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT SELECT

BRIDGESTONE B330-S

I haven't tried either of the clubs in question, so no opinion there.  However, I am becoming more and more a believer that shafts make the difference in modern drivers, most all of the big names make good heads.  I really love my Titleist, but a lot of people are in love with the Ping G25 drivers.  But I think it's the shaft that really makes it in the end.  Get a proper fitting.  I'm sure all the big companies try real hard to fit a "standard" shaft that will work okay for  a lot of people, but in drivers little changes seem to make big differences.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Interesting... I had my 300cc Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye VFT re-gripped today at Golfsmith... I demoed many of the newest 460cc drivers. Nike, Taylormade, Ping, Adams... none of these increased my distance by any discernable amount... I've begun to see the "it's in the shaft" thinking. Those big toasters just felt way too big. Think I'll just see if I can get a proper shaft in my current driver.
  • Upvote 1

So I have been looking to replace my R9 with a newer club, i have been to the simulators and i have narrowed it down to the slider and the X hot I really like the X hot but I like the features of the slider. I just wanted to get some input from some people who have them.

BTW if there is any suggestions for a club that would be great.

I have not tried the X Hot but I did hit the Taylormade next to my Cobra Amp Pro and I went with the Cobra because I hit it better.

I would like to ask what features you like about the Taylormade?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I went to my driver fitting yesterday with my heart set on yhe SLDR. I tested it, PING G25, Callaway Razr fit and the Titleist 913. It was ruled out in the first round of hitting averages which surprised me. Get a proper fitting. I went from hitting a Taylormade Rbz 10.5 in stiff and averaging 285 yards, 18 degree launch and 3900 rpm of spin with a 115 club head speed. My fitter found me 15+ yards more with an average from 305-299. My new Titleist 913 is set at 8.75 degrees with a adilia tour stiff shaft (extra weight, higher kick point). My average launch is down to an average of 11-12 degrees, 2900 rpm all with the same club head speed. Big changes but it works if you just trust 'em!

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

913 is a great club enjoy!

TAYLORMADE M2 10.5* MATRIX OZIK BLACK TIE 60S

TAYLORMADE SLDR 17* OBAN DEVOTION 4 60S

CALLAWAY APEX CF16 FORGED 4-PW TT XP95 S300

TITLEIST VOKEY SM5 52F* 60K*

TITLEIST SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT SELECT

BRIDGESTONE B330-S

hammer,

Don't automatically think that new is better. You might consider a Killer Whale (circa 2006).

Just by chance, I have one in back room I'll sell you for $100.

-----------------

Seriously, consider the Callaway RazrFit (from last year). I really like it. I tried several other drivers this spring - some were as good as RazrFit, but none were "better." If RazrFit works for you, the price is right!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

In my fitting it came down to the razr and the 913, I only went for the Titleist for it's bigger head. Averaged further distance on off centre hits.

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

I would go with the driver named after your username. I could sell you one for about $10 plus shipping (just trying to recoup half of the cash I spent on an apparent drunken ebay purchase)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!