IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

Yes on both accounts. On the takeaway your right leg decreases flex at too fast a rate and you kind of "load" into your left side. So you crank in the rotation piece without giving yourself enough time for the shoulder to work down. I'll put something together for you today. On the downswing, if the weight doesn't get forward, the hands/club will tend to swing down and across. Imagine throwing a sandbag over a wall, what guy is going to get the bag over the wall? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96972/] [/URL]

I appreciate the input and look forward to seeing what you put together. Are there any videos where key #2 and forward shaft lean is used with a driver or a different wood off the tee? I'm having a difficult time conceptualizing it since it is my understanding the ball should be teed along the same line as your front instep and I thought you're supposed to be swinging up. Thanks again!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I appreciate the input and look forward to seeing what you put together.

Are there any videos where key #2 and forward shaft lean is used with a driver or a different wood off the tee?

I'm having a difficult time conceptualizing it since it is my understanding the ball should be teed along the same line as your front instep and I thought you're supposed to be swinging up.

Thanks again!

Have you seen this thread? Think this would help. Yes you want to swing up and the best way to achieve that and hit it solid is to have the weight forward on the downswing.

Ok so the first video I'm demonstrating (bit exaggerated) your backswing, note how early and how much the right leg loses flex and how that effects the torso turn. Then I add the feel of the left shoulder going down, right shoulder going up, less "around" feeling.

In the other video I also demonstrated your downswing. Note the differences here, pressing into my left side and the right foot banks rather than the weight getting stuck on the toes of my right foot. This is the speed that you should practice the downswing. My followthrough is balanced, no weight on my right foot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Have you seen this thread? Think this would help. Yes you want to swing up and the best way to achieve that and hit it solid is to have the weight forward on the downswing. Β [CONTENTEMBED=/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]Β  Ok so the first video I'm demonstrating (bit exaggerated) your backswing, note how early and how much the right leg loses flex and how that effects the torso turn. Then I add the feel of the left shoulder going down, right shoulder going up, less "around" feeling. In the other video I also demonstrated your downswing. Note the differences here, pressing into my left side and the right foot banks rather than the weight getting stuck on the toes of my right foot. This is the speed that you should practice the downswing. My followthrough is balanced, no weight on my right foot.

Oh, wow, this is awesome. Can't wait to get home from work to try this! Thanks again, Mike!

Christian

Hi, @mvmac - I wanted to thank you again for putting together those videos for me.

I took a couple of videos tonight working on incorporating a steeper shoulder turn and keeping my head still and I was hoping you might share some thoughts on the videos. Β It was raining all day today so I had to take the videos indoors. Β Pardon the mess - haha.

Thanks!

Christian

Yep better for sure, keep working on that feel. Just want to add one thing with the grip. Right hand needs to be more in the fingers

Good comparison here, note the differences in how the right hand looks. Your hand almost looks like it's in the palm of the right hand.

Mike McLoughlin

Yep better for sure, keep working on that feel. Just want to add one thing with the grip. Right hand needs to be more in the fingers

Good comparison here, note the differences in how the right hand looks. Your hand almost looks like it's in the palm of the right hand.

Ahh. Β Yeah, here are a few pics of how I normally hold the club in my hand.

So, it seems the club should be held more diagonally in my right hand.

What changes will this adjustment make?

Christian

So, it seems the club should be held more diagonally in my right hand.

What changes will this adjustment make?

Needs to still be more in the fingers.

Left pic is what your grip looks like to me, looks more like the fingers are wrapped around the grip rather than the grip being "in" the fingers. My grip on the right. Note the differences

Again your grip in the left pic, exaggerating it a bit, good on the right.

Grip is "secure" in the fingers.

Mike McLoughlin

Posting to subscribe. Β I like the grip visuals that @mvmac posted.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Needs to still be more in the fingers. Left pic is what your grip looks like to me, looks more like the fingers are wrapped around the grip rather than the grip being "in" the fingers. My grip on the right. Note the differences [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97099/] [/URL] Again your grip in the left pic, exaggerating it a bit, good on the right. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97097/] [/URL] Grip is "secure" in the fingers. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97098/] [/URL]

This is great. Thank you again. I've been consciously making sure I try and adopt this grip. I'm also still practicing keeping my head still by doing a steeper shoulder turn but today when I did it at 50% speed into my net, I felt like I was pulling my shoulder out of it's socket. Should I try and rotate quicker on they back swing to try and avoid this feeling?

Christian

• 2 months later...

I actually did that yesterday and got these suspect results.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/75642/interpreting-driver-fitting-numbers

I saw your videos, you have a lot of power with what appears to be a one plane swing. One thing I noted is that you go past parallel.

The numbers look really wild, but I think the average of 249 does not look that out of line with your 227 average measured with the rangefinder. Your spread on the course looks just as wild as on the golf swing monitor. The spread on the simulator is 52 yards and the spread on your course readings is 48 yards.

Since the simulator readings are 9.6% longer than your course distances, maybe your ball makes a difference or you might be more comfortable in the simulator. The simulator conditions are also more consistent and you can get "dialed in" better.

My guess is that your peak drives are actually 274, but because you hit inconsistently the average ends up so much lower. Seems like you should be able to average 250 yard drives if you swing a little more consistently.

Can you spray the face of your club with Dr. Scholls and post the pictures after taking 10 shots on the course and 10 shots in the simulator?

That might help you even if you don't post.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I saw your videos, you have a lot of power with what appears to be a one plane swing. One thing I noted is that you go past parallel.

The numbers look really wild, but I think the average of 249 does not look that out of line with your 227 average measured with the rangefinder. Your spread on the course looks just as wild as on the golf swing monitor. The spread on the simulator is 52 yards and the spread on your course readings is 48 yards.

Since the simulator readings are 9.6% longer than your course distances, maybe your ball makes a difference or you might be more comfortable in the simulator. The simulator conditions are also more consistent and you can get "dialed in" better.

My guess is that your peak drives are actually 274, but because you hit inconsistently the average ends up so much lower. Seems like you should be able to average 250 yard drives if you swing a little more consistently.

Can you spray the face of your club with Dr. Scholls and post the pictures after taking 10 shots on the course and 10 shots in the simulator?

I would love to peak at 274 - haha!

You'll have to forgive me but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "past parallel."

I actually do have Dr. Scholls and was planning on going out and hitting 10 or so balls with my driver and see what kind of results I get. Β I hadn't though of doing it with the spray but will do so and post pictures. Β If it will help, I'll also video tape the swings and post them here so as to be able to see me entirely.

I don't think @iacas would agree that the simulator is giving me accurate readings, though. Β For example, the vertical angle (what I presume is launch angle) is quite low and I have the loft on my driver set at 11* which is what got me questioning it in the first place.

In the meantime, I'm going to upload my most recent submission to Evolvr using my 6i which isn't a full speed swing but shows my entire body and swing. Β Just have to upload it to youtube.

Christian

I would love to peak at 274 - haha!

You'll have to forgive me but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "past parallel."

I actually do have Dr. Scholls and was planning on going out and hitting 10 or so balls with my driver and see what kind of results I get. Β I hadn't though of doing it with the spray but will do so and post pictures. Β If it will help, I'll also video tape the swings and post them here so as to be able to see me entirely.

I don't think @iacasΒ would agree that the simulator is giving me accurate readings, though. Β For example, the vertical angle (what I presume is launch angle) is quite low and I have the loft on my driver set at 11* which is what got me questioning it in the first place.

In the meantime, I'm going to upload my most recent submission to Evolvr using my 6i which isn't a full speed swing but shows my entire body and swing. Β Just have to upload it to youtube.

Ok, messed up on the last post.

Here are the vids. Β With a 6i not with driver but will upload driver and see what your thoughts are.

Christian

I don't really have any comments on your swing, but it looks like you have pretty decent coordination to be able to hold the club up that long and come back down into the ball again. Your key 1 looks decent, I would guess that you are also still working on key 2?

My original comments were only based upon looking at your drive yardage data. The data looks pretty scattered in both the simulator and the course yardages you posted.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Are you working on a drill in those videos? Or do you have a bit of a Charles Barkley mental block?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I don't really have any comments on your swing, but it looks like you have pretty decent coordination to be able to hold the club up that long and come back down into the ball again. Your key 1 looks decent, I would guess that you are also still working on key 2? My original comments were only based upon looking at your drive yardage data. The data looks pretty scattered in both the simulator and the course yardages you posted.

Thanks. Gives me hope my HC won't forever be in the 30's! Yeah, I'm not consistent. If I were, I'd probably break 100 more often! [quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/70159/my-swing-rfkfreak/0_100#post_1016543"]Are you working on a drill in those videos? Or do you have a bit of a Charles Barkley mental block?[/quote] Working on a drill.

Christian

From dtl, bend over a little less, going to feel a little taller with the hands closer to you.

From face on, work on getting the weight forward but not letting the head go with it. BTW the A4 pic looks really nice!

Mike McLoughlin