IGNORED

Has one of your shot ever injured an animal or human?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 3831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Close, I hit a line drive 4 iron under the trees  I was going for the green about 180 yards out so it was not a pitch shot, full swing.

The beer girl came over the hill,  behind the trees from the other fairway, so i had no way to know she was coming. It was perfect timing and was only about 30 feet away from what I remember.

The ball went inside the cart, bounced around a few times she ducked, I thought I had knocked her out or worse killed her the way she went down.

When she looked up I was shaking so bad i dropped my club ran over to she is she was okay, thank god it never hit her.She just keep apologizing that she ruined my shot, i was apologizing for almost killing her.

That was the closest I have ever come to hitting a person or animal, hope it was the last.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Even though it happened over 20 years ago I remember it like it was yesterday.I got on the tee of a 200 yard par 3 with water that required about 175 yards of carry.There were 2 guys on the other side of the pond on the bank looking for a ball at the edge.I was waiting when patiently when they waved to me to go ahead and hit. I had only been playing for about a year and like a idiot I obliged and teed it up and they went about looking for the ball. I skulled a 3 iron and it headed straight them.I yelled "Fore!". One of the guys stood up and looked and it smacked him right up along the side of his head and he went down like a sack of potatoes.I freaked out and jumped in the cart and drove over to where they were and the other guy was picking him up off the ground.The dude had a lump on the side of his head about the same size as a ball.I proceeded to tell him how sorry I was but the guy I hit said, Wasn't your fault,I was the one who told you to hit. I should have been watching! I honestly thought I killed the guy.

no

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Yesterday I was mowing a small area about 80 yards past a green. There was a guy in the fairway getting ready to play his approach shot from about 100 yards. He appeared to be waiting on me to finish mowing the area. I usually quickly move to another spot if I feel like I am anywhere close to a shot but who hits a ball 80 yards over a green from 100 yards?

When I realized he was waiting I drove off to the side about 200 yards from the green and waited for him to finish the hole.

Good thing! He hit a line drive over the green to exactly where I had been mowing.

I killed a goose with a really hot, low 3-wood shot off the tee.  I couldn't even retrieve my ball because like 30 more geese had it surrounded and were going nuts and honking at me when I would try to get close.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

I've hit geese a couple of times and they barely even noticed it.  Their feathers are so thick that unless you catch them on a wing bone or right in the leg or the neck, it doesn't even faze them.  I've seen several one legged geese on the course, and I assume that at least some of them are the result of being hit by a ball.

I hit a 3W worm burner and somehow nailed killdeer that was flying just a couple of feet off the ground about 100 yards away.  Just a puff of feathers and it crashed to the ground without even twitching.  Sort of like hitting a cat with an 8 inch cannonball.

The ball ended up on the fringe for an easy par. :blink:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At the driving range I severely miss-hit a ball left into some bricks holding up a sign, the ball shot back directly at me and in one of the greatest most badass moves I've ever done in my life...I caught it with my left hand. All of it happened within a second since the brick wasn't that far away. I then let out a man scream...half for the amazement and half for the pain. My friend was to the left of me laughing, there was an older man to the right of me with his jaw dropped. My palm was badly bruised for a few days, small price to pay for a great memory that will likely never happen again.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

My friend did hit this goose and knocked it into the lake. He said it survived. Meanwhile I was taking a pic. I didn't realize that I had almost caught the moment until I got home and downloaded the card. Missed a heck of a picture by a few hundredths of a second! Did catch the ball though.

As for me, I caught a buddy in the leg  with an errant sand shot, but nothing else.

• Upvote 1

I play a lot of rounds at cheap, crowded courses and there are times when I get a sudden urge to hit another golfer.  Does that count? ;-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I have two Ducks and a deer to my credit. I think I only left  one of the Ducks dead as a Duck though.  (Sorry about that.) The Deer I hit in the ass with a low driver shot. I had a tee time and I had to get some swings in on the range. Doggon Deer wouldn't move so I tried and failed to hit over them.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

I broke my phone, and its a weird story lol.

I lined up for a punch shot, opened my clubhead a bit and hit the tree, and then the ball bounced back and hit me in the leg. I forgot I had my phone in my pocket so I dismissed it as my wallet or something. I pull out my phone at the end of the round and there is a golf ball sized spot on the screen where the color was all screwed up.

I've hit geese a couple of times and they barely even noticed it.  Their feathers are so thick that unless you catch them on a wing bone or right in the leg or the neck, it doesn't even faze them.  I've seen several one legged geese on the course, and I assume that at least some of them are the result of being hit by a ball. I hit a 3W worm burner and somehow nailed killdeer that was flying just a couple of feet off the ground about 100 yards away.  Just a puff of feathers and it crashed to the ground without even twitching. Sort of like hitting a cat with an 8 inch cannonball .   The ball ended up on the fringe for an easy par.  :blink:

:dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

damn grandma!...

Sheesh....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Like mvmac above, I hit a 9 iron and shanked it left......

You're a righty and shanked it left? This must be the horrible reverse shank. Can not believe mvmac did someting alike.:-O

This year I've hit a goose, a deer and golf carts, three times...same cart twice off the same tee box(favor returned for net yelling "fore", after they hit my cart twice). My cart has caught several mis-hits this year, including a line drive off the windshield...

Note: This thread is 3831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!