IGNORED

Has one of your shot ever injured an animal or human?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This year I've hit a goose, a deer and golf carts, three times...same cart twice off the same tee box(favor returned for net yelling "fore", after they hit my cart twice). My cart has caught several mis-hits this year, including a line drive off the windshield...

I hit a cart yesterday, but there was nobody in it. The cart had broken down and was left sitting beside the cart path about 270 yards from the tee box. Since we were in the middle of our Saturday game we left it there and got that group another cart.

When we got to that tee box my last thought before making my swing was that I hope I don't pull the ball and hit that golf cart. Sure enough, I hit it dead at the cart and dead centered the roof of it. I suppose there is something to the old thought about not focusing on any trouble because that's where you are likely to hit the ball.

In that case it didn't turn out badly though because I got a good bounce off of the roof and it ended up just left of the green.

Game Changer:

What about running over people or animals with carts.

At a course I frequented this summer, I saw two flattened chipmunks on the cart path and a turtle with a smashed shell.

I find it hard to believe that a chipmunk couldn't get out of the way of a golf cart.  The turtle I could see if the driver was blind or sadistic, but chipmunks and other rodents are a lot faster and more alert than that.  I've never seen any animals which would move slowly enough to be hit by a golf cart, but we didn't have a lot of turtles in Colorado.  You'd certainly never get close enough to a prairie dog or rabbit or gopher to hit one, and we had all three of those in great profusion in and around the courses I played.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find it hard to believe that a chipmunk couldn't get out of the way of a golf cart.  The turtle I could see if the driver was blind or sadistic, but chipmunks and other rodents are a lot faster and more alert than that.  I've never seen any animals which would move slowly enough to be hit by a golf cart, but we didn't have a lot of turtles in Colorado.  You'd certainly never get close enough to a prairie dog or rabbit or gopher to hit one, and we had all three of those in great profusion in and around the courses I played.

The cart path has houses on either side and the chipmunk was running back and forth the entire morning (I was shuttling people as I work there). He literally would sit on the edge of the path and decide to dart across the path as you drove up. I almost hit him several times already. It was just Darwin's Law of nature at work.

Sad too because that cart path is pretty steep, causing carts to move slower.

Close, I hit a line drive 4 iron under the trees  I was going for the green about 180 yards out so it was not a pitch shot, full swing.

The beer girl came over the hill,  behind the trees from the other fairway, so i had no way to know she was coming. It was perfect timing and was only about 30 feet away from what I remember.

The ball went inside the cart, bounced around a few times she ducked, I thought I had knocked her out or worse killed her the way she went down.

When she looked up I was shaking so bad i dropped my club ran over to she is she was okay, thank god it never hit her.She just keep apologizing that she ruined my shot, i was apologizing for almost killing her.

That was the closest I have ever come to hitting a person or animal, hope it was the last.

This is not what they mean when they say "hitting on the cart girl".

I nearly hit someone this summer with a bad pull hook. I screamed FORE and they (a couple) ducked and covered but never saw it as it went by. I immediately drove over to them and apologized, which they accepted graciously, but I was shaken badly. I just went back to the clubhouse and went home. I've re-evaluated what shots might reach where and changed some of my club selection. And I just won't play any really tight courses any more, I want to have fun, not stress out.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

It was just Darwin's Law of nature at work.

Pretty soon, there won't be any dumb chipmunks left and you won't be running any of them over.

I have seen carts bumping into each other, or almost running someone over.   People are much slower than chipmunks when it comes to dodging cart traffic.   I've also heard of people flipping over their carts due to bad driving on steep hill.  But Darwin's Law does not seem to apply to dumb golfers.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!