IGNORED

What Is The One Shot You Wish You Could Copy From A PGA Player

Mulligan Jeff
Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stenson's 300+ 3wood down the middle.

Sign me up!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a perfect 1 iron shot, because if I can hit that well, I can hit any other full swing well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is this just a post to let us know you hit it inside 12 ft six times yesterday? ;-) Some stats [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.405.html]http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.405.html[/URL] [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.404.html]http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.404.html[/URL]

I guess it could be taken that way, but the focus was meant to be more on the fact that I only made 2. I see that 2 out of 6 falls in line with the stats you provided, but these are easy, straight in or slight break putts. My percentage on pro greens from 10 feet would not be comparable to them obviously.

Are you kidding me? 330 yard drive straight down the middle. No contest.

Agreed.  No contest.  Not only would it help with my scores, but its sexy too.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I suppose I would take the accuracy with full iron shots from any of them (since that's the worst and most inconsistent part of my game).

Funny thing is that 2 years ago that was the best part of my game...But I lost it somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsc123

And I would yell, "F*CK YEAH!!" as loud as humanly possible in my followthrough. And I would do it every time! "F*CK YEAH!!!!!!"

:dance:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Why just one shot?    Well, ok, I just want one shot at their winner's purse.

( Besides the shot at purse, any shot is ok with me.)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

How about a driver swing that hits 12 out of 14 fairways? That would set up a lot of good things during the round.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsc123

And I would yell, "F*CK YEAH!!" as loud as humanly possible in my followthrough. And I would do it every time! "F*CK YEAH!!!!!!"

Yep. Gimme Bubba Watson's driver swing, and I'll happily deal with the rest.

How about a driver swing that hits 12 out of 14 fairways? That would set up a lot of good things during the round.

Zzzzzzzz....

:-P

Constantine

I'd love to have the creativity and confidence that some of the guys have around the greens. I am very much an up in the air player - flops, open face pitches, lots of 60* wedges in my round. I would love to be able to play a bump and run with the feel that the pros do.

WITB 

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, 9*, Fubuki ZT X-Stiff Shaft

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 15*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

5 Wood: Taylormade Burner Superfast 18*, Aldila NV X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro, 4-PW, TT XP 95 S300 Shafts

Wedges: Tour Edge TGS 52* and 56*, Taylormade Z-Spin 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Long drive on the fairway. I was driving well in a round last week and with short irons in I managed a par, par, birdie, par streak. Just because of long drives that left me between 140 to 106 coming into the green. I'm happy with short approach shots, so I want the long drive.

Stenson's 330 3W is fine, but I'll take any 300 yard tee shot consistently in the fairway. 280 is OK too, just give me a look at the green from 160 or less and on the short grass.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

And I would yell, "F*CK YEAH!!" as loud as humanly possible in my followthrough. And I would do it every time! "F*CK YEAH!!!!!!"

If I could regularly recreate Stenson's 300+ 3W, I'd wear the same outfit every time I played golf - A white Izod polo, A kilt, a wig of scruffy long hair, blue and black war paint on my face, and I'd scream "I AM WILLIAM WALLACE" every time I hit the ball.

Come to think of it, I'd rather have Happy Gilmore's 400 tee shot.

Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!