IGNORED

Get a Brain Morans.... Course architects that you hate.

Grumpter
Note: This thread is 3833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First let's start off with the "get a brain Morans" sign. The guy in the do-rag was not spelling moron wrong - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moran&defid;=2390303 . What better way to salute a guy with the last name of Moran than with such an appropriate sign?

The guy I love to hate is course architect Kelly Blake Moran. In my opinion he has ruined 3 great tracks for golf all within a 45 minute drive of my location. Lederach, Morgan Hill and now the biggest monstrosity Heritage Creek in Jamison, PA. Some people really seem to love this guys designs but I keep waiting to see the ramp up to the clowns mouth on the last hole to putt for a free round of golf. His courses are definitely something to behold. If he could just reign in the overdone, gimmicky part of the courses they could be some of the best public tracks in the area.

With his latest creation he apparently built a green over the carcass of a humpback whale which is the only reason I could see to have such a huge swell on one side of a green. Since nobody is really playing the new course right now (only 9 of 18 holes open despite beginning in the early 2000's) we had time to play around a little. We set down a ball at the top of the whale hump and let it roll on its own towards the pin placement and the ball rolled 15 feet past the hole. Putt that back towards the hole and it would roll back to where you started putting if you missed the hole.

The course also features a green with 3 ski moguls where they placed the pin between moguls that were about 6 feet apart. The same hole also slopes hard right to left from about 50 yards in to the green and had a dead area just short left of the green. If you ended up short of the green you could expect to go into the dead area (that is nowhere near out of bounds) and take a penalty.

The final hole (9th and 18th) is a lovely 297 yards from the farthest tees and apparently a 7 iron is too much club off the tee box. Medium length players should probably hit 8 iron then Pitching Wedge which is just stupid IMO.

To all this I just have to say....

Note: This thread is 3833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!