IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

This just keeps looking better

I agree!  Can't wait to see it.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New international Mission Impossible trailer. I'm usually the first to say I prefer the TV series, the movies are totally some other thing, but they're still a guilty pleasure. Pretty physical role for man of a certain age north of 50. Looks like fun, will wait to see what word of mouth says.

Looking forward to this movie as well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Watched a bunch of stuff over the winter:

Vice - double bogey

We Still Kill The Old Way - par

We're The Millers - birdie

The Hobbit 1, 2, and 3 - par

Taken 3 - bogey

The Equalizer (Denzel Washington) - eagle

St Vincent - par

A Walk Among The Tombstones - birdie

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil - par

Wild Card - par

Sweetwater - eagle

Divergent - bogey

Dying of the Light - bogey

I, Frankenstein - birdie

Let's Be Cops - bogey

21 Jump Street - par

22 Jump Street - bogey

Edge of Tomorrow - par

Sin City 2 - par

Snowpiercer - birdie

Captain America 2 - birdie

Sabotage - par

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - par

The Salvation - birdie

Godzilla - par

Found some more that I forgot about:

Wyrmwood - birdie

By The Gun - par

Redirected - double bogey

Lawless - par

American Heist - par

Escape Plan - par

Oblivion - par

World War Z - par

Pacific Rim - par

Robocop - par

47 Ronin - double bogey

I watched Silence Of The Lambs the other night. It's still an excellent film, and easily a birdie. One minor gripe, and that's with the music. It seemed to me that there were more than a few scenes that were sufficiently dramatic enough that didn't need a synth heavy soundtrack playing underneath. Aside from that, great job by all involved. Jodie Foster is perfect, and the guy playing Buffalo Bill gets extra points for being creepy as f$!#. Edit: it's a birdie, not a par.

Corey

I watched "divergent" last week, the wife and I really enjoyed it, so we went to cinema and watched the sequel "insurgent" this week, both were very entertaining and were looking forward to the threequel. Easiest pars I've ever made! And I've now got a thing for the leading actress, very attractive in an understated way! Definitely recommended!

Gaz Lee

Star Trek Into Darkness - Birdie (Love Ricardo Montelban as Khan in the TV Show and Movie) but Benedict Cumberbatch is a favorite actor of mine now

-Jerry

Unbroken - Par at best.  The book was way better.  I don't think Angelini Jolie did the story justice.  The actor they cast as the "Bird" was too good looking and did not look evil enough.  The lead actor playing Zamperini was good though except he didn't run like an elite runner.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If you like Hitchcock, you'll probably enjoy these:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

World War Z - As a Zombie movie it gets a par, as a representation of the book it gets a double bogey, only thing that resembles the book is the title.  Still not the hugest fan of sprinter zombies but its a pretty good action movie.

Dawn of the Dead (Remake) - Birdie - Although still not a fan of the fast running zombies, this was a great movie.  I liked it a lot.

-Jerry

American Sniper. It is one of the first modern war movies that accurately depicts the effects that war has on the individual soldier as well as their families at a time when many war movies aim more towards sensationalism, and sheer entertainment value rather then accurate portrayal's. Call of Duty fans probably won't like the mental and psychological aspects of the film. I also watched Fury, which in my opinion is one of the best WW2 movies I have seen, also watched Avengers, can't wait for Age of Ultron to come out!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

I watched Species II yesterday.

Total triple bogey.

Just goes to show that bad writing can turn even acceptable actors into bad ones.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Background watched the latter two Hobbit movies. Double bogey . The effects and action sequences were amazing but it's like eating 10 bowls of ice cream for dinner. The spirit of the book was gone, the trilogy is a bloated mess. Peter Jackson, was that you? Who took Peter Jackson? What have you done with him? tl;dr: To quote Gandalf: "Fly, you fools!" Secret of Kells - birdie . Similar reasons as Song of the Sea. Begin Again - birdie . Predictable, but funny, charming, Kiera Knightly and good music.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy bad movie. Blackhat . Double bogey. No wonder it bombed. There are some good elements, the little forays into computer hardware were cool, and I admit I like some of Mann's stylizations but some ridiculously unbelievable scenes.

Steve

Wonder if Domhall is related to lead actor.

Domhall is Brendan Glesson's Son, and the two of them also played together in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26