IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

those who have seen Event Horizon - i have not seen it and have only heard how scary it is.  question - is it demonic?  i dont like that kind of stuff...

regardless i think it would be too scary for me anyways lol....

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

those who have seen Event Horizon - i have not seen it and have only heard how scary it is.  question - is it demonic?  i dont like that kind of stuff...

regardless i think it would be too scary for me anyways lol....

I didn't like it. It was very gory. I'd give it a double bogey. I wasn't that scared, I was grossed out. I loved all the Alien movies (totally different, but that amount of "gore" I have no problem with.) Event Horizon not so much. 3/4 on the demonic scale.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I didn't like it. It was very gory. I'd give it a double bogey. I wasn't that scared, I was grossed out. I loved all the Alien movies (totally different, but that amount of "gore" I have no problem with.) Event Horizon not so much. 3/4 on the demonic scale.

sounds like it isnt for me.  the wife saw it as a teen and still has nightmares about it.

Colin P.

sounds like it isnt for me.  the wife saw it as a teen and still has nightmares about it.

If demonic type of horror bothers you, this movie is not for you, the ending brings an element that is pretty creepy.

If demonic type of horror bothers you, this movie is not for you, the ending brings an element that is pretty creepy.

yeah thats what i have inferred.  ive never liked that kind of stuff...

Colin P.

The Visit. Bogey. I guess the "twist" was alright although the movie was more than that. One really eeeewwwww scene. It's not awful, but not as good as Sixth Sense or Signs.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The Visit. Bogey. I guess the "twist" was alright although the movie was more than that. One really eeeewwwww scene. It's not awful, but not as good as Sixth Sense or Signs.

Oh man, that disappoints me...I have a soft spot for Shyamalan. I like a lot of his stuff and think he's very talented. Signs is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Colin P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Oh man, that disappoints me...I have a soft spot for Shyamalan. I like a lot of his stuff and think he's very talented. Signs is one of my favorite movies of all time.

TBH, I'm judging a little harshly. He's using shaky cam, documentary style, which I didn't like, the kid and his rapping was annoying and I'm judging the director a little more sternly than warrants because of his early work. If someone else made it, I probably would have given it a par.

Steve

TBH, I'm judging a little harshly. He's using shaky cam, documentary style, which I didn't like, the kid and his rapping was annoying and I'm judging the director a little more sternly than warrants because of his early work. If someone else made it, I probably would have given it a par.

I've actually read some good reviews on it, saying a lot of it is tongue in cheek and very self-deprecating. How scary would you say it was? Btw I'm easily scared.

Colin P.

[quote name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/960#post_1205005"] TBH, I'm judging a little harshly. He's using shaky cam, documentary style, which I didn't like, the kid and his rapping was annoying and I'm judging the director a little more sternly than warrants because of his early work. If someone else made it, I probably would have given it a par.

I've actually read some good reviews on it, saying a lot of it is tongue in cheek and very self-deprecating. How scary would you say it was? Btw I'm easily scared.[/quote] It wasn't too bad. Jump scares. Creep scares. And Eeeewwwww.

Steve

(edited)

Paddington - birdie. Funny and pleasant, what you'd expect from a well executed holiday family movie.

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Paddington - birdie. Funny and pleasant, what you'd expect from a well executed holiday family movie.

Funny, we just watched this a few weeks ago.  It was pretty good.

Just watched "the One I Love".  par.  Bit quirky.

Edited by Yukari
correction

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

(edited)

The Martian. EAGLE. Ya'll need to movie the sh*t out of this movie.

Edited by nevets88

Steve

The Martian. EAGLE. Ya'll need to movie the sh*t out of this movie.

Concur! We just saw the 1PM matinee. Excellent and stayed true to the book. They left out a couple of things for time, but it was great.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Oh man, that's awesome! I cannot wait to see The Martian!!

Btw anyone see the preview for The Revenant? Holy mother effer that looks good...

Colin P.

Saw the Martian today.

Definitely Eagle!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

(edited)

Oh man, that's awesome! I cannot wait to see The Martian!!

Btw anyone see the preview for The Revenant? Holy mother effer that looks good...

That bear attack. The camera angles for that scene and the jumps and fights were very POV, like they were videoing w/Google Glass. If you've seen the Bourne movie where he jumps through the window, it's like that every scene.

The whale movie w/Thor looked pretty epic as well.

The Assassin

The Way. Had this on my Netflix queue for years. 

Birdie. I thought it would be a bit of a downer, but it's inspiring and great scenery. 

Edited by nevets88

Steve