IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

The Taking of Pelham 123 (modern version with Denzel Washington and John Travolta):

I give it a par on a reachable par 5 ... thanks to a crappy 3-putt.

I liked all of the setup, but thought that the ending was pretty lame.

I liked the discovery of Travolta's character as a Wall Street guy who was doing this manipulate the stock market, however, they didn't really do anything with that.  The Mayor (Gandolfini) sort of discovered it, then later on, they show Travolta in the cab checking his account so you can see that he made 300 mil, but that's it.

Then, Denzel sees him walking and just walks up to him, talks to him for a minute then shoots him ... and thats it???

Also, the runaway train just .... stops?  Nobody has to heroically stop it manually, or figure a way to get all of the people off before it reaches the end ("Speed" style)?

Just all kind of anti-climatic, is all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd forgotten the nice history lesson at the beginning of The Kingdom.

By any chance, were you watching the What the Flick Show review of Lone Survivor? :-D

I avoid romcoms but this was kind of bearable, I like Bill Nighy, but the whole movie is superficial and if you're a time travel fan, tap in double bogey, otherwise, 5 foot bogey.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
By any chance, were you watching the What the Flick Show review of Lone Survivor? :-D

Precisely!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A Hong Kong movie mogul recently died, he was largely responsible for bringing Kung Fu and action movies to the fore and got me thinking of this movie. I don't think he made it, but it's one of my favorites. Even with the effects available today, the choreography here is pretty amazing.

I give you... The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I give her a birdie.  Very entertaining story, funny and also insightful about modern relationships.  Scarlett Johansson's voice is super sexy.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

If you liked Star Wars, this album is full of some amazing behind the scenes photos:

http://imgur.com/a/8UctQ

Steve

If you liked Star Wars, this album is full of some amazing behind the scenes photos:

http://imgur.com/a/8UctQ

Thanks for that link!  Amazing what the behind the scene actually looks like in some of these movies.

BTW, who is that body double for Carrie Fisher?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

My wife and I recently have seen Anchorman II and Lone Survivor.

Two extremes of scoring here.

Anchorman II-gets a double bogey, snowman or an X-out. We walked out in the middle of it cause it was so bad. Vulgar, filthy, poorly acted garbage.

Lone Survivor-Wow! Scores an ace for me.What a great film. Gripping and we were just so moved by the courage of our Navy Seals.

Ok just saw a bunch of new ones American hustle a good par. Acting was great but too slow and not my favourite plot Lone survivor was a surprising birdie Wolf of wall street Eagle. Funny great acting but just dragged out to many scenes Her, par. Way too weird and slow New hobbit. Eagle if you don't think of the book and bogey in comparison to the book

I watched the movie "Zodiac" about the Zodiac Killer. I give it a birdie, lipped out eagle. I didn't think I'd like it much, but I did. Jake Gyllenhaal was surprisingly good playing the main character.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I watched Prisoners tonight. I give it a solid par after a missed birdie attempt. Loved the performances from everyone in the film. I don't know what they could have cut from it, but it did seem a little long.

Corey

Give Lone Survivor a par.  Well directed and the grittiness of the action was very effective.  Heard some people were protesting the movie because it glorifies war, it conveyed the complete opposite IMO.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Give Lone Survivor a par.  Well directed and the grittiness of the action was very effective.  Heard some people were protesting the movie because it glorifies war, it conveyed the complete opposite IMO.

I think they said the same thing on What the Flick about the protesters and how they had it backwards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50th anniversary of Dr. Strangelove coming soon. One of my favorite movies, ever. Albatross!

Steve

American hustle a good par. Acting was great but too slow and not my favourite plot

Lone survivor was a surprising birdie

Wolf of wall street Eagle. Funny great acting but just dragged out to many scenes

Her, par. Way too weird and slow

Going out to see a movie tonight, and the theater we're going to is showing all of these.  We chose American Hustle .  Wife doesn't care for war movies, Her looks weird, and Wolf is a bit long, even though it looks like I'd really enjoy it.

Will report back with grades.  We're going to this theater and seeing this and this ... can't possibly see how it can be anything but good. :-P

We chose American Hustle.

I've heard great things about that film, well, except from Erik but he's a bit of a hipster so… ;-)

Let me know how you like it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've heard great things about that film, well, except from Erik but he's a bit of a hipster so…;-) Let me know how you like it.

I liked AH. I'd give it a 25 ft birdie, I liked the funny side of the movie, liked seeing Amy Adams play against her goodie two shoes type.

Steve

I have to agree that American Hustle was a bit long. It was good when they were doing their hustle or the drama was up. When it wasn't the movie would drag on. Also, I hated the FBI guy, really annoying.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: