IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

47 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That one jaw dropping scene, right? Crazy.

Soul searing. But I feel wrapping the whole movie around one scene would not be fair. The entire movie kept me engaged. The backdrop of winter in Montana (or South Dakota) wilderness and a very well adapted music score throughout were amazing. Tom Hardy is awesome. He is rapidly becoming one of my absolute favorites. Just like in Mad Max (and The Drop) he does bleak-tough + constant borderline psycho very well. It is hard to be impressed with sheer physicality of a movie these days. This one got through.  

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Soul searing. But I feel wrapping the whole movie around one scene would not be fair. The entire movie kept me engaged. The backdrop of winter in Montana (or South Dakota) wilderness and a very well adapted music score throughout were amazing. Tom Hardy is awesome. He is rapidly becoming one of my absolute favorites. Just like in Mad Max (and The Drop) he does bleak-tough + constant borderline psycho very well. It is hard to be impressed with sheer physicality of a movie these days. This one got through.  

Yes, actually the whole movie is jaw dropping. Hardy is a great actor. First saw him in Layer Cake, then Bronson, Inception, Tinker Tailor, Warrior and Locke. He was in Band of Brothers too.

Background watched Shanghai, bogey. A muddled mess of a plot.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Take your wife/girlfriend (or both) to a romantic movie for Valentine's Day.

Ryan Reynolds plays a cancer victim who can't bear to leave the one he loves, so he undergoes an experimental treatment that tests the limits of their relationship.  (and Morena Baccarin for the guys - YAY).

Bill - 

I read today there's a sequel to Cloverfield coming out in March.  Aside from the first ten minutes, it's probably my favourite movie from the found footage genre ( if there is such a thing) , right along with Chronicle.  

Corey

has this been posted yet?  i know nothing of the back story but this looks incredible.  also, i love the use of Bohemian Rhapsody in this...what a song.

Colin P.

Saw 13 hours. Birdie. 

Very intense. Makes you hate those politicians even more for failing to respond in a timely manner when American lives are at stake. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

Saw 13 hours. Birdie. 

Very intense. Makes you hate those politicians even more for failing to respond in a timely manner when American lives are at stake. 

really??  hasnt it been getting slagged pretty consistently in the reviews?

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

really??  hasnt it been getting slagged pretty consistently in the reviews?

My son liked it, but he knew going it that it was just a story and not really based on facts.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I didn't pay any attention to the critics. I think it is based on a book written by those that were there - namely ex special op soldiers that were working as hired guns for the CIA. 

It is a great movie. 

Don

12 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My son liked it, but he knew going it that it was just a story and not really based on facts.

Generally, most movies based on political/historical events, whether favoring a left or right bent, usually are not historically accurate. Zero Dark 30, American Sniper, 13 Hours, 13 Days, JFK, Lincoln, etc... Even if you go to trusted sources that say, this is really what happened, even some of those facts are contested. I just enjoy a movie like Spotlight, independent of how accurate it is, take it as very loosely based on real events and much much dramatic license taken and try and read up on what really happened and separate the movie and actual history, as much as what really happened is known.

13 Hours features some great actors - James Dale Badge, the chemist from Breaking Bad. Bay knows how to do action, makes sense to me it's doing well, especially during this time of year where there's not a whole lot of good movies being released.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Finally saw Ex Machina. Super dope movie. Would love to see more of that world.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

2 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Eva would have gotten me to fall for her as well...

Colin P.

• 1 month later...

Watched Sicario on a plane today.  Par for me,  I enjoyed it, but wasn't sure who I was rooting for.  

And Fantasic Four was available as well.  It gets a bogey.  It wasn't great, or even good, but it wasn't a steaming pile like most have made it out to be.  

Corey

On 1/22/2016 at 7:32 AM, jbishop15 said:

I didn't like it one bit.  Bogey for me.  It could have been a great movie but it moved too slow for me.

Don

On January 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM, rehmwa said:

Take your wife/girlfriend (or both) to a romantic movie for Valentine's Day.

Ryan Reynolds plays a cancer victim who can't bear to leave the one he loves, so he undergoes an experimental treatment that tests the limits of their relationship.  (and Morena Baccarin for the guys - YAY).

It was a home run, hole in one, and other sports cliches - all rolled into one.

Next up - Batman vs Superman - I'm waiting very impatiently

Bill - 

Deadpool was fun, but one minor thing annoyed me and it's very very minor. The X-Men's mansion school is in Westchester, NY. It's been there in all the X-Men movies. The showdown fight is in Vancouver, with all those glass buildings in the background (NY looks nothing like that - uglier :-P) . 

It's not even worth mentioning, but if you know both these cities well, you'll have to add in a little more pretend.

Steve

12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Room - birdie, tough to watch at times

Spotlight - eagle, great writing and acting

Spoiler

Room - That scene where he says "I love you Grandma" when she's cutting his hair. Dusty.

And then goodbye to the room. 

Steve