The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Holy crap yes. Totally agree.

BTW I have no idea how to create hidden content whilst on mobile

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Grandma starring Lily Tomlin. Par on a difficult hole. Her character and acting were excellent. Subject matter is not everyone's cup of tea though. I didn't mind it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We saw Room before the Oscars. Birdie. Brie Larson's acting was excellent. Creepy story though.

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We saw Room before the Oscars. Birdie. Brie Larson's acting was excellent. Creepy story though.

yes, she was amazing.

Colin P.

I finally saw Deadpool tonight.  Funniest flick I've seen in ages.  Excellent pseudo satire of superhero movies.  Never been a big fan of the character, but I was very amused and entertained.  

Blood, language, nudity...more of these comic movies should be rated R.  Easy birdie for me.  

Corey

New Ghostbusters trailer is kind of flat.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Spy Game is on Netflix again. Great classic spy movie. Birdie. Great lines. I need yada yada yada like I need a third tit. You gonna dance with your hand on my ass all night or you gonna make a move?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

this looks like it might be pretty good.

but it begs the question - is Nic Cage a good actor or is it that hes just LITERALLY INSANE?

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

this looks like it might be pretty good.

but it begs the question - is Nic Cage a good actor or is it that hes just LITERALLY INSANE?

Yes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Yes.

oh cmon, :-D hes not a good actor in everything. honestly he confuses me, and i have no clue what im watching.  i just know i cant look away.

Colin P.

Just now, colin007 said:

oh cmon, :-D hes not a good actor in everything. honestly he confuses me, and i have no clue what im watching.  i just know i cant look away.

Ha! Just kidding! He's been good in some roles, but often plays the same character. I liked National Treasure and Raising Arizona, but some of the movies where he's supposed to be the tough guys are not as good.

What I do like about Nicolas Cage is people doing impressions of him!

Scott

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Ha! Just kidding! He's been good in some roles, but often plays the same character. I liked National Treasure and Raising Arizona, but some of the movies where he's supposed to be the tough guys are not as good.

What I do like about Nicolas Cage is people doing impressions of him!

Very true.

I think the one role I actually was impressed by was him in Adaptation - did you see that one?

Colin P.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Steve

Volunteers - Tom Hanks, John Candy and Rita Wilson- Birdie

Love this movie, very underrated comedy.

Fight, Fight, Fight for Washington State.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

9 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Saddened to hear Garry Shandling passed away today. 

He was talented. I liked him better as a character actor than his stand up. But that was pretty good too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

B v S 30% on RT. Ouch. I'lllll wait till it's on VOD.

Update:

Saw it. Enjoyed it. Par. That the trailer gives the whole thing away isn't entirely true, there's more to it. Enjoyed the preachy, moralizing non action beginning to middle section. Overall, wished the Superman franchise could have been better, but it is what it is, Man of Steel had some good parts and some sections of Zimmer's soundtrack are spine tingling. There's lots of little things here and there to complain about. The ending was weak, again. You're thinking no way, and you know the no way is... no way. But better than word of mouth suggests. If this mini review sounds apologetic know that this is coming from someone who is not a comic book movie fan.

Steve