Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mchichioco

Low bullets with the driver

21 posts in this topic

Hello, I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You have any videos of your swing you could post?

I don't sorry... I understand it's easier to see my swing but could you give general advice about what causes low bullets with driver? I'll try to post a video when I can

If i told you that such shots were directly caused by hitting the ball on the very lowest part of the clubface, would that info help you?  Most instruction tells us to hit the driver off the top half of the clubface. How would you correct your delivery?

Hello, I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Low and far? That's kind of ideal. I hit high and short.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well low like it only carries 150 and low like maybe 10 feet off the ground. On a flat easy course it's okay, but I'm trying to play hillier courses and an uphill hole low won't cut it

Is the ball teed up near your left foot?  You'll want to catch it on the upswing.

Also the height of the tee.

10.5 and I set my ball off the inside of my left foot... But to be honest except for my short irons I hit everything low. I know for my drve low and far sounds good but some courses my school varsity team plays are hilly and a low drive will go into the hill and it won't be good.... Yea I can shoot mid 80s consistently with it but on flatter courses. I know that if I want to shoot mid 80s on tougher courses I need a drive that goes a bit higher..

I have a feeling it has something to do withy reverse pivot, does the reverse pivot have anything to do with it

Have you tried holding a banana between your knees while you practice swing?

lmfao

Where are you hitting it on the face of the driver I"m guessing really low ?  Maybe a little more axis tilt at setup and feel like your chest is more over your right leg.  Hey maybe you need to move your change from your left pocket to your right and turn your hat around backwards who knows.

Hello,

I am currently struggling with getting height on my shots, my drives go far but are very low and most yardage is from roll. I still have slice problems and it's usually a push slice. However when I hit it straight it doesn't fly... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

10.5 and I set my ball off the inside of my left foot... But to be honest except for my short irons I hit everything low. I know for my drve low and far sounds good but some courses my school varsity team plays are hilly and a low drive will go into the hill and it won't be good.... Yea I can shoot mid 80s consistently with it but on flatter courses. I know that if I want to shoot mid 80s on tougher courses I need a drive that goes a bit higher..

Your probably hitting everything on the bottom half of your driver. Which makes sense if your suffering from a reverse C, upper half of your body shifting away from the target.

Try this, Preset more weight forward, meaning shift your hips toward the target at address. Don't let your head move forward, you do want that slightly behind the ball so you can hit up on the ball. Swing by rotating your hips around your body, trying to keep your weight forward and your head steady. If your body is moving right, your no rotating your hips enough compared to your shoulders. Once you start moving your head, things go bad.