Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spitfisher

Rolex golf commercial of Tiger and Jack

2 posts in this topic

You know the ones, each commercial features either jack or Tiger- never together though walking through an elaborate gallery of photos, championships, trophies, golf,  courses, & short  videos.

What I find interesting is Tiger features a number of his accomplishments images and videos of himself and many early golfers images and accomplishments, Arnie, Jack, Gary player and Anika

Jacks on the other hand features more of his own accomplishments, famous golf courses and videos, as well as Arnie, Gary Player, Billy Casper, Michelson, Luke Donald, Adam Scott and I think even Martin Kymer.....yet not even a sniff of Tiger Woods, none zero.

I am a believer that everything you see in advertising is there for a reason, everything you don't see is also for a reason

Kind of odd

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Not sure what you find odd?  It is most likely how Rolex wanted the commercial to show.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • My Swing (smripley)
      I've been Playing Golf for:   I have been playing golf recreationally for about 5 years.  However, over the past 9 months I have very much been trying to understand the proper technique and have taken a few lessons.  I have gone from over 105 to consistently in the low / mid 90s, but I can't break-threw any lower it seems at this point due to the inconsistency in putting the ball off the tee and hitting decent approach shots when it is in play.  My ultimate goal is to  a close / sub 10 handicap.  I feel I am a solid ball striker, but I am just not able to stay consistent for multiple rounds.  
      My current handicap index or average score is: Handicap 19
      My typical ball flight is: When struck well, draw right to left.
      The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Inconsistency.  Off the tee with the driver I am highly inconsistent and not comfortable.   Hello, thank you for viewing my swing. As I start to understand the issues with my swing, I realize I have the following issues: Unbalanced. Weight being distributed past my right foot. Swaying to much away from the target on backswing. Slightly shut clubface at top. May be coming up on the ball near impact as opposed to driving through the ball. Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Videos:  Down the line -  Front On:  
    • Free towel while you play at a public course?
      I'm curious at how many courses TST Community have played that give out free towels when they play?

My course gives out free towels for use on the course, but sometimes they are all used up.  We trade them for clean ones every Thursday, so if it rains a lot, we may not have towels to give.  I have seen people get really pissed when we run out.  I mean, they didn't come to golf here just for a free towel right? I mean it's a nice perk when available, but I don't think they should expect it every time.  You should come to a course prepared, especially if rain is in the forecast. 

I have only seen my course give out towels, though.
    • US Navy's experimental railgun [WSJ]
      It's scary what this weapon is capable of, but have read about these things in science fiction novels, don't really keep up w/military technology to know this is was actually a real thing. The way it's fired is pretty interesting nonetheless, that's some massive electric power required. http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-first-look-at-americas-supergun-1464359194
    • Standing on Tee Marker for Aiding a Swing
      You're voluntarily placing the ball in such a position near an immovable obstruction that the stance is already built for you: the intent is exactly the same. If your ball comes to rest near an immovable obstruction, you may play the ball as it lies, but you are also entitled to full relief from the obstruction. The one thing you're not allowed to do is drop the ball so that the obstruction is still interfering with your swing, but in a more advantageous way than it was originally. The only difference here is that off the tee, playing the ball as it lies isn't an option. Whether or not there is a specific rule for this scenario, there are multiple grounds to conclude that it is in violation of the rules of golf, and warrants a two-stroke penalty. Unless you're positive that standing on the tee marker is the only way you can avoid losing your tee ball, it's not worth it.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries