IGNORED

shaft for r1 driver

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. stock or fubuki?

• stock
    • fubuki

I just got fitter with an r1 and really liked it. My avg swing speed is in between 100-105. I have been offered the mitsubishi fubuki alpha 60 gram stiff shaft for 25 dollars more than the stock aldila rip phenom 55 stiff. I know price wise it is good, but will the shaft play better/worse/similar to the stock. I really liked the way the stock flexed and my launch angle, ball speed/spin, distance, etc. were all good, so id just like to know if any of you know if the fubuki woukd be a good upgrade that i could still play well. Thank you. -John

I would think a fitting would include hitting several different shafts and the launch monitor results along with how they feel would make the decision. No offense, but it sounds like you got more of a store demo than an actual "fitting." A quick look at the Taylor Made web site shows a large selection of optional shafts for the R1. For that much investment I would seek out a proper fitter. Shafts make a huge difference.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!