IGNORED

Pants/Slacks or Shorts??

PapaBear
Note: This thread is 3807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trying to settle an argument with golf buddy.  In sunny and humid Florida, I wear shorts more often than not.  Other guy says we should always wear slacks, I say dress comfortable and nice.  Do most prefer shorts or slacks when playing a casual round?

I usually wear pants. I'm more comfortable in them and I find I'm less likely to jam my pockets full of crap with pants on than I am if wearing cargo shorts. Other advantages to pants are the extra protection from biting insects and sunburn. I might feel differently if I was living in Nevada or Texas.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shorts, until it gets well down into the 50's.... And then I'll have a pair of shorts in the bag, just in case it warms up. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I tend to go lightweight slacks unless it's 90+.

Then, it's shorts.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Shorts until I need slacks for warmth.  I'm more cold sensitive than David, but shorts until it goes into the sixties.  Use sun screen to protect against the sun.  And while the courses I play do allow cargo shorts, the only ones I have are rather heavy cotton that is MUCH hotter than the lightweight synthetic fabrics most golf shorts seem to be made of these days.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Go to ebay and try a search under ijp design.

Ian Poulter's pants at great prices ... even solids

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

In the Tampa area, I average wearing slacks about 0.5 rounds a year - if it is 40 degrees when I tee off, it will probably be 60 before I finish 9. You guys in Jacksonville may as well be in a different time zone - i doubt you could go all winter shorts free up there.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Shorts, shorts, shorts... If it's too cold for shorts, it's too cold for golf in GA.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Trying to settle an argument with golf buddy.  In sunny and humid Florida, I wear shorts more often than not.  Other guy says we should always wear slacks, I say dress comfortable and nice.  Do most prefer shorts or slacks when playing a casual round?

Absolutely shorts.  When the pros play casual rounds, they wear shorts

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I must admit that golfers that show up in slacks look more like "golfers" but I always wear shorts unless it's too cold.

If, however, you notice that your legs are whiter than your underwear when you put them on slacks is the better look and the way to go.

• Administrator

Pants are fine. They keep my legs in shade, which serves two purposes:

1) Keeps my legs cooler.

2) Keeps sun off my legs for reduced chances of skin cancer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am a shorts guys. My cut off is 72 degrees as the high though. If the forecast says below 72 I will be in pants.

Michael

I laugh on the inside at most every golfer who wear long pants on summer days.  I have a few senior citizen golfer friends who wear long pants when it's warm, but I give them a pass because their legs are a frightful sight and they don't own any shorts....... they play good golf though.......

Tour pro's wear long pants on tour because they are forced to.......weekend golfers do because they don't know how to dress for the weather conditions?

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I always wear shorts when golfing, even when it is cold.  I probably walk 99% of the time.  I don't know if anyone else has had this same problem, but when I wear slacks they get dirt/grass stains on the bottom from trudging through the rough or from grass clippings that stick to everything from the morning dew.  I would rather be cold then ruin a 60 dollar pair of slacks each round.  I guess I could just only wear black slacks, but I prefer khaki.  In the Central Valley it might be in the low 40's at the start of the round and will heat up to the 50's once the fog burns off.  There usually isn't much wind around here so once the sun comes up it usually provides enough warmth to get my legs feeling good.  Plus walking as opposed to riding warms me up.

• Administrator

I laugh on the inside at most every golfer who wear long pants on summer days.  I have a few senior citizen golfer friends who wear long pants when it's warm, but I give them a pass because their legs are a frightful sight and they don't own any shorts....... they play good golf though.......

Tour pro's wear long pants on tour because they are forced to.......weekend golfers do because they don't know how to dress for the weather conditions?

Did you read my post above?

I'll add to that if pants make my legs a teeny tiny bit hotter, the tradeoff of no sun on them and thus no sunscreen on them is worth it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!