IGNORED

Pants/Slacks or Shorts??

PapaBear
Note: This thread is 3826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Personally, if I have to wear long pants, I prefer jeans.  At least that way I avoid being tagged as pretentious.

I do agree with much of Wisguy's rant though.  And I do wear jeans on courses where they are allowed.  I've practically lived in them in cooler weather since I was in grade school, so for me they just feel right.  The arguments that they are uncomfortable are pure bunk.

Personal preference. I only wear jeans from November through mid-March anyway. And I would never wear them playing golf because they are too stiff and it's tough to get things in and out of my pocket, like tees, markers, etc.

I wear relaxed fit Wranglers usually.  Plenty of room to move in, access pockets, etc.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear relaxed fit Wranglers usually.  Plenty of room to move in, access pockets, etc.

I'm surprised ya'll wear jeans. From most of the comments on this site I can tell that most people play at more upscale courses than where I usually play.

I don't go to those courses very often but the ones I occasionally go to in this area have a no denim policy.

Where I play nobody cares and they don't even have a collared shirt policy (but I always wear one anyway). The only dress code requirement where I play is that shoes are required and sandals, flip flops, and Crocks don't count as shoes.

I generally wear shorts with a polo.  However, most of the courses I play have the bare minimum dress req.  It seems the only thing that don't allow at most of the courses I play is tank tops.  Anything else is fair game.

But I do play a lot of city/municipals.

Jeff

I'll give you all a turn to laugh at me on the inside.......I NEVER wear slacks!!  If it's mid-upper 50's or warmer...I wear shorts.  There is a gray area depending on the sun and wind conditions. When it's too cold for shorts, I wear golf rain pants.  Not all of them are golf specific......some are workout pants that are very similar in design to rain pants except many aren't waterproof.  I don't wear sweats...

Where I live.........if it's too cold for shorts, it's probably the golf off season...LOL  I also never wear a jacket...not even those designed for golf.  I have many golf pullovers that I wear.  some are insulated and some aren't.  If it gets in the 30s, I'll wear a thin insulated pullover with 2 thin layers underneath and I'm good to go.  I may wear a long sleeved T with an under armour crew neck under my pullover when the temps are below 40.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Interesting side note so you all can have your turn to laugh at me on the inside.......I NEVER wear slacks!!  If it's mid-upper 50's or warmer...I wear shorts.  There is a gray area depending on the sun and wind conditions. When it's too cold for shorts, I wear golf rain pants.  Not all of them are golf specific......some are workout pants that are very similar in design to rain pants except many aren't waterproof.  I don't wear sweats...

Where I live.........if it's too cold for shorts, it's probably the golf off season...LOL

I mean, really, who cares what you wear as long as you're comfy. Heard there was this redhead at the President's Cup who decided to wear nothing ... nothing wrong with that, but she ran and ran from me. I just wanted her number... ;-)

But I'm such a pretentious snob; I was wearing slacks.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I know at my course if you show up in jeans or a t-shirt you are not playing.

Same here. I don't have anything against people wearing jeans to play, I just never have seen it. Every course I've played has had a dress code that said no jeans.

I know at my course if you show up in jeans or a t-shirt you are not playing.

Anyone who does so knowing that it isn't allowed is an idiot.

Believe it or not, there are other places in the country than New England, and we aren't all as stuffy.  We recognize that there are people in the world for whom denim is the casual wear of choice, and that it doesn't say anything at all about their personality or financial position.  I played with a US Congressman on my my home course a few years ago and he was wearing blue jeans, just like I was.  So you can look down your nose at me all you want... doesn't mean a thing.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I don't believe this got milked for 4 pages.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I don't believe this got milked for 4 pages.

LOL, that's nothing! Both of the 2011 "pants vs shorts" threads went 6 pages, I preferred the one with the poll. All three threads contain the exact same arguments and eventual flame wars. Hilarious stuff. People can get pretty freakin' passionate about this topic apparently, no fist fights yet though, darn it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Believe it or not, there are other places in the country than New England, and we aren't all as stuffy.  We recognize that there are people in the world for whom denim is the casual wear of choice, and that it doesn't say anything at all about their personality or financial position.  I played with a US Congressman on my my home course a few years ago and he was wearing blue jeans, just like I was.  So you can look down your nose at me all you want... doesn't mean a thing.

I am not looking down my nose at anybody. Was just saying that jeans are not allowed at my course. I also don't think it has anything to do with new England being "stuffy" I could care less what you wear.

LOL, that's nothing! Both of the 2011 "pants vs shorts" threads went 6 pages, I preferred the one with the poll. All three threads contain the exact same arguments and eventual flame wars. Hilarious stuff. People can get pretty freakin' passionate about this topic apparently, no fist fights yet though, darn it.

I'd imagine that if there was a 'golf shoes vs. street shoes' thread, which there may be, someone would chime in supporting the use of cowboy boots whilst another declared that their club 'forbade any cowboy boots on the grounds.'

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I'd imagine that if there was a 'golf shoes vs. street shoes' thread, which there may be, someone would chime in supporting the use of cowboy boots whilst another declared that their club 'forbade any cowboy boots on the grounds.'

People who choose to not wear shit-kickers on the golf course are just being holier-than-thou. Everyone knows shit-kickers are the best-est things to put on your feet. Golf shoes are for posers.

EDIT* oops, almost forgot -- :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

When I played this rinky-dink course in Sterling CO last year I saw lots of guys playing golf in cowboy boots and jeans. Best part about it was pretty much every article of golf clothing in the pro shop was 1/2 price. I bought some nice Nike 1/4 zips for $25 a piece. I played my former home course wearing a hoodie and Columbia pants last winter. But I hate jeans, stiff, nut hugging discomfort. Jeans are the iron maiden of clothing. I made the switch to comfy outdoor apparel long ago. I usually shop at REI, how's that for pretentious.

Dave :-)

When I played this rinky-dink course in Sterling CO last year I saw lots of guys playing golf in cowboy boots and jeans. Best part about it was pretty much every article of golf clothing in the pro shop was 1/2 price. I bought some nice Nike 1/4 zips for $25 a piece. I played my former home course wearing a hoodie and Columbia pants last winter. But I hate jeans, stiff, nut hugging discomfort. Jeans are the iron maiden of clothing. I made the switch to comfy outdoor apparel long ago. I usually shop at REI, how's that for pretentious.

I have no idea what REI is, how's that for unpretentious. :-\

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I have no idea what REI is, how's that for unpretentious.

It's an overpriced outdoor apparel and equipment retailer. In CO it's okay to go to the theater dressed like you just returned from climbing a mountain.

Dave :-)

Hmm.  Let's see.  Map of the Ole USA.  There is New England, a bunch of farms, Tornado Alley, more farms, some desert, then California, then Hawaii.  Yeah that's it!

There are municipal courses here in MA that allow jeans, but the better public course do not.  Unless, of course, if you are a woman.  Then you can wear whatever you want.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!