IGNORED

New Irons, Calloway Xhot vs G20 ping

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone comment on these 2 sets? I hit a number of clubs this afternoon and these are the two I hit most consistent. I am looking for a very forgiving club, game improvement. I noticed I hit the calloways about 20 yards further on the monitor on a consistent basis. This shocked me.

Any comments? are both pretty much the same?

Both are an excellent set of clubs, well made but are they the same?  Not for you and that is what is the most important....which one could you hit further and straighter? That is the set for you should consider the most.

• Upvote 1

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

• 5 months later...

That's the shafts, now let's compare the full clubs.

6 Iron Comparisons

Model

Loft

Shaft Length

Callaway X2.Hot

26°

37.625”

Ping G20

29°

37.250”

From here, the X2.Hot is almost a half inch longer and 3 degrees stronger in loft than the G20. Pretty much a full club difference in specs.

I have hit both the X2.Hot and the G20 on different days. From my notes, I got a bit above 160 yards with both 6 irons. The X2.Hot was harder to feel at the top, and I got a draw or hook on half the shots. I could feel the G20 a bit better throughout the swing, and got a mix of draw and fade shots.

So, the X2.Hot might work better for  me with an 85 S.flex, or maybe a slightly heavier NS Pro shaft.

But back to you.... note Derrick's advice:

Both are an excellent set of clubs, well made but are they the same?  Not for you and that is what is the most important....which one could you hit further and straighter? ...

You want to balance distance and control in your set. That's why I mentioned possibly getting a heavier shaft if I go with X2.Hot.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OT I know, but it would be Nice, if manufactures could at least stay within a degree or 2 on the same numbered clubs.

Comparing those, you should take a 5i Ping to compare to the Callaway 6i...goofy stuff.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!