IGNORED

@mentions Now Available on The Sand Trap .com!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why do we keep testing something that works?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We're not testing the "mentions" @cipher , we're testing your patience.

:beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We're not testing the "mentions" @cipher , we're testing your patience.

@cipher obviously a bad sport you know we like to play with new toys when we get them.

@cipher here paging myself as...myself. :-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

@Slice of Life this is a test.

@geauxforbroke how were your recent amateur tourneys??

Oooh this will be fun.

Present.

This is a pretty cool feature.

And I ended up not playing in the city am because of prior engagements (friend got hitched). I mean seriously, who gets married in October?

Tyler Martin

Present.

This is a pretty cool feature.

And I ended up not playing in the city am because of prior engagements (friend got hitched). I mean seriously, who gets married in October?

Hah better than getting married in July Houston TX OUTDOORS  and having your groomsmen wear wool tuxedos with vests hellooo swampass.  At least it was at the country club.

Nice!  I won't bother to test is I'm confident it works...haha!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 5 months later...

I've just been trying to use the @mentions but when i type the @ and being typing there is no dropdown box. Could anyone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong.

Henry

I've just been trying to use the @mentions but when i type the @ and being typing there is no dropdown box. Could anyone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong.

Are you on a computer or phone?

@FooFader - works for me. If on a comp, no space between the @ and the first letter of the username. Also, you need to select the name from the dropdown menu, it doesn't seem to work if you just type it out.

If on a phone, you can't just type the @, you need to c lick the @ button in the editor at the top of the text box.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

i'm on my laptop using google chrome. The dropdown box doesn't appear after typing @ and the first letter. And definitely not putting a space in or anything.

Henry

i'm on my laptop using google chrome. The dropdown box doesn't appear after typing @ and the first letter. And definitely not putting a space in or anything.

Keep typing ... It might just be waiting for the results to filter a bit more.

Keep typing ... It might just be waiting for the results to filter a bit more.

Still not working i typed @Golfingd and waited for at least 10 seconds and still no dropbox box appears. Also tried disabling allow my extensions on chrome but still nothing

Henry

ok i've just solved my problem! :-D

The thing that was the problem was the website not liking my UK keyboard. For those that are unaware the " and @ symbols are switched. So i have to use the " symbol to tag but the weird thing is it only works on a new line. So like now, if i press shift+2 i get " but on a new line shift+2 gives me @ and i can then tag. I dont know if normally you can only tag on new lines?

@iacas is this a bug you were aware of? and is there any way to fix it on my end? Thanks

Henry

• Administrator

So like now, if i press shift+2 i get " but on a new line shift+2 gives me @ and i can then tag. I dont know if normally you can only tag on new lines?

I suppose that's the only point that confuses me right now. You can only type an @ symbol on a ne w line? How do you type an email address and get the @ symbol in the middle like barney@purplesweaters.org?

The @ symbol should trigger the popup (and sometimes I need more than a single letter too).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is it possible to have the notification come through "in site" as a PM as well as email? Seems that would be of more immediate value to posters who are currently viewing the site.

IMHO, this would be a much better option. The little pop up that I get for the PM would be perfect for @mentions.

Colin P.

I suppose that's the only point that confuses me right now. You can only type an @ symbol on a new line? How do you type an email address and get the @ symbol in the middle like barney@purplesweaters.org?

The @ symbol should trigger the popup (and sometimes I need more than a single letter too).

no i can type the @ symbol whenever i like which is shift+' for me on a UK layout but the @ doesn't trigger the mention, i have to type, for example, "iacas but if this is on a new line then the " changes into an @ automatically and then i can mention.

Henry

• Administrator

So, unless you can record a video of it, or something, I don't think we have any way of reproducing this. Try a different browser. Something seems awkward. Other UK users don't have this issue.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, unless you can record a video of it, or something, I don't think we have any way of reproducing this. Try a different browser. Something seems awkward. Other UK users don't have this issue.

@FooFader 's issues did remind me of a random bug I see occasionally.  Every once in awhile when I try to add an @ mention, it wi ll simultaneously write the @ and the name a t the point my cursor is located AND at the very beginning of that same line.  It would look something like:

@iacas So, what's going on @iacas ?

Note: This thread is 3666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!