IGNORED

The Euros are coming, the Euros are coming......

David in FL
Note: This thread is 2745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some bragging rights on the line.

Another forum member, MacDutch, is coming to Orlando this weekend, along with 5 of his golf buddies from the Netherlands for 10 days of golf.  Frank reached out to me several months ago and asked if I'd be interested in getting together for a match, and of course I jumped at it.

This Sunday, he and his guys will be playing against 6 of us (sadly, I'm the only TST member) in a little Presidents Cup match of our own.  Three 4-ball matches.......and there just might be a beer or two consumed afterwards.  On paper it looks like we're pretty evenly matched with handicaps for both teams running from close to scratch up to 25ish.  Oughta be a blast!

Bring it on guys! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you say "Euros are coming" do you mean you expect a big payout from them at the end of the "mini President's Cup"? :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just don't throw up all over yourself and turn it into a little Ryder Cup. ;-) Ohh, ouch, that had to sting a little! :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

When you say "Euros are coming" do you mean you expect a big payout from them at the end of the "mini President's Cup"?

We've got a pretty ragtag little group......none of us fly across the pond to play golf. I'm thinkin' we may be in trouble!

Just don't throw up all over yourself and turn it into a little Ryder Cup.  Ohh, ouch, that had to sting a little!

3 quick matches.....at least it'll be over with fast.  Then all we've gotta do is drink some beer.  We can hold our own when it comes to that! :-D

In David's bag....

Good luck and have fun!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Sounds cool. Have fun.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

What a great thing to do! Have fun!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Hey, did'nt see this one. B-)

Just packing my bags. First teeoff will be on saturday and then on sunday the match against David's team. We're looking forward to meet and play.

Another one of the Euro's kicking in. Long time lurker on the site, but never registered. With the upcoming match that has to change naturally!

We'll be flying tomorrow, really looking forward to visiting sunny FL!

Sounds fun!!

Would be interesting to see some pics or vids of the match.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Another one of the Euro's kicking in. Long time lurker on the site, but never registered. With the upcoming match that has to change naturally!

We'll be flying tomorrow, really looking forward to visiting sunny FL!

Gotta be Cornelis with that handicap, right?  I've already told one of my guys to kick you in the knee as soon as he sees you! :-P

In David's bag....

When you say "Euros are coming" do you mean you expect a big payout from them at the end of the "mini President's Cup"?

I thought maybe the dollar had finally crashed and the US was going on the Euro standard. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Yep, I am one of the guys. playing with Frank against you and John. Looking forward to meet you all and play a good game off golf and have a great time on the 19e hole.

All the best,

Piet

Yep, I am one of the guys. playing with Frank against you and John. Looking forward to meet you all and play a good game off golf and have a great time on the 19e hole.

All the best,

Piet

Outstanding!  Safe travels and we'll see you Sunday.

In David's bag....

Number 5 of the European Golfchat Ryder Cup team reporting :-) . We are flying in on saterday afternoon, So my first round off golf in the USA will be the match against you guys. I am very curious about playing the wonderfull courses in Florida.

Number 5 of the European Golfchat Ryder Cup team reporting :-) . We are flying in on saterday afternoon, So my first round off golf in the USA will be the match against you guys. I am very curious about playing the wonderfull courses in Florida.

You're coming at the right time of year! Weather has been outstanding and the courses are in great shape! You guys are gonna have a blast!

In David's bag....

It'll be a blast....ENJOY!   I did something similar this past summer.  I went to LA on a family vacation and met up with some locals I knew from a different golf forum.  It was an excellent experience... The next time I am in Orlando, I'll be sure to give you a shout.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Update......

We had a BLAST yesterday.  What a great bunch of guys.  Frank (MacDutch) and his team all showed up in team shirts and brought a little gift of appreciation for our wives for "letting us out of the house".  As one of our guys said, they completely outclassed us!

We had PERFECT weather and the course was in great shape, except that whoever cut the pins that morning had to have been in a horrible mood.  They were brutal!

On the first tee.....MacDutch is upper right and I'm lower center in the red shirt.

We were pretty evenly matched by handicap and the results showed.  The home team took the match 2 points to 1, but it could have easily gone the other way.  My match with Frank and Piet came down to 18.  We were one down when I stuffed my 3d on the par five to less than 3 feet.  Frank nonchalantly steps up and BURIES his birdie putt from the fringe and at least 30 away, to close us out.

The other shot(s) of the day were from Frank's partner Piet.  Up and down from this DEEP pot bunker.  The pic doesn't do justice to how close to the face that ball is or how deep that is.  That was a huge hole for them that put them up for good on the back.....

The Dutch guys are in town for about 10 days, and if they'll put up with us again, we're hoping to get together with them another time before they leave.

Good stuff! :beer:

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!