IGNORED

The hidden secret to good golfing and slotting.. The head tilt

Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First thread on here.. Will do my best to start off right. IMO.. The one of the best swings pound for pound is Lorena O. A real statesman of the game, a proud young lady with a very unique golf move.. Her head tilt in her transition. I believe this move would / will.. Stress will people of online forum golf..help everyone with the slot ../ lower body clearing/ inside approach/ and just sheer power. No wonder this sweet young thing hits it a country mile.. 125 lbs who averaged 273 off the tee. [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/Sa0RnaDEGzw [/VIDEO] Please express your opinions... That head tilt just allows her to achieve perfect impact and slot it better than most on the LPGA circuit... A thing of beauty to be copied and admired by all.. She is so proud and strong.. Love it .. Absolutely love it

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Another view..just like Gerry Hogan said,,head tilts right and back,,classic swing,,marvelous.. [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/AIXTqgIq-5Q [/VIDEO] The lower body will always go opposite of the head in transition... Go Lorena go girl..boom boom of the LPGA The ball is really a white blur anyone during transition,,you can almost not even watch the ball,,our brain will remember where it is anyway. Played good golf one year looking at a spot one foot to the right of the ball, almost focusing on the outside of my right shoe, Opinions please..lets open thus up for discussion..curious to say the least.

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

I would classify that move as an idiosyncrasy and not necessarily something that would benefit everyone who tries to implement it. Her head really comes off the ball in the backswing and the "head tilt" she does looks like it would really impact how well you can see the ball. Really good players with great timing might get away with it but most people would suffer consistency issues by introducing that move, and the players that can get away with it probably wouldn't see any real benefit to doing it. You're a 3 and used to be a +3 but I don't see you doing this move, heck I don't see anyone doing this move except Lorena, Annika did a weird head move too but, again, I think that its just an idiosyncrasy particular to that player and not at all a commonality of great players.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would classify that move as an idiosyncrasy and not necessarily something that would benefit everyone who tries to implement it. Her head really comes off the ball in the backswing and the "head tilt" she does looks like it would really impact how well you can see the ball. Really good players with great timing might get away with it but most people would suffer consistency issues by introducing that move, and the players that can get away with it probably wouldn't see any real benefit to doing it. You're a 3 and used to be a +3 but I don't see you doing this move, heck I don't see anyone doing this move except Lorena, Annika did a weird head move too but, again, I think that its just an idiosyncrasy particular to that player and not at all a commonality of great players.

Thanks for the reply..I concur. I think this would be a good warm up or practice thought,, it gets your lower body open..shoulders closed to almost square.,cog back..hands more forward in Impact.. I might try today and post,,just something to try ..if u get some time :-*. I have to miss it right, before lower body will realize it has to rotate left to square the face...IMO.. Body movements can't be forced, they happen as a reaction to an action

Thanks for the reply..I concur. I think this would be a good warm up or practice thought,, it gets your lower body open..shoulders closed to almost square.,cog back..hands more forward in Impact.. I might try today and post,,just something to try ..if u get some time . I have to miss it right, before lower body will realize it has to rotate left to square the face...IMO.. Body movements can't be forced, they happen as a reaction to an action

Yeah, it might be a good drill to help with secondary axis tilt.

By the way, this " :-* "  combined with your Gay Pride avatar is a little awkward, not that there is anything wrong with that, you might want to go with this " :-P or ;-) or :-) " but the kissy-face is probably a bad choice. ;-)

Welcome to The Sand Trap.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Actually I do,,learned from Gerry this last winter,, Never realized I did as he said to do,, weird..I like that feel..gives me a clean shot to good impact ( hands ahead..trapped impact..not flipped)

Yeah, it might be a good drill to help with secondary axis tilt. By the way, this ":-* "  combined with your Gay Pride avatar is a little awkward, not that there is anything wrong with that, you might want to go with this ":-P  or ;-)  or :-) " but the kissy-face is probably a bad choice. ;-)   Welcome to The Sand Trap.

Thanks,,I don't want to be to "loud"..my bad ;-)

I will say this, that makes me cringe every time I watch it. God my neck would be toast if I tried that.

Its possible her head tiling away and down will cause her to be able to drop her right shoulder in the downswing, slotting the club better. Its a very strange move, not one I would recommend or one that is inherently required to swing the club effectively.

That being said, she is a very talented golfer who has had success on the LPGA tour. I'm not docking her in any way. I would almost put that move in the realm of Jim Furyk's backswing, as strange movements that work for that person.

The lower body will always go opposite of the head in transition... Go Lorena go girl..boom boom of the LPGA

The ball is really a white blur anyone during transition,,you can almost not even watch the ball,,our brain will remember where it is anyway. Played good golf one year looking at a spot one foot to the right of the ball, almost focusing on the outside of my right shoe,

I will say that is completely wrong. Look at Anika and David Duval. Two of the better ball strikers on the LPGA and PGA tour in the past 15-20 years. Their heads both rotate towards the target, and move towards the target at impact and early in the follow through. I would say they are opposite swings of Ochoa, yet they work as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I agree with your replies.. Here is what I worked on in early early spring,,head tilt on way down..and locking the hands.. The head tilt ( if you were a female and had long earrings on..your right earring will lay flat on right shoulder in transition)..not left shoulder like Annika. For me, I had trouble with right shoulder low transition,,this thought along with Lorena video..really gave me an inside approach.. Lasting Gerry said was right pocket forward in transition..after you mastered slotting.. That pivot by Lorena is what makes that head tilt so powerful Good stuff,,and thank u

You can't early extend ( which was a big issue of mine) with the above drills.. Forces u to retain the right hand opposing force feel in a good grip..IMHO

Took this today..not as extreme..but helps me slow down transition..as Gerry would say. Head to the right and back..as he would say. Hard to replicate on the course, but a great drill to loosen up my old bones.. I do like it..really smoothes me out baby. ;-) [VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NL8ZPxN6A [/VIDEO]

I will say that is completely wrong. Look at Anika and David Duval. Two of the better ball strikers on the LPGA and PGA tour in the past 15-20 years. Their heads both rotate towards the target, and move towards the target at impact and early in the follow through. I would say they are opposite swings of Ochoa, yet they work as well.

Correct @saevel25 , a head tilted right or left at impact isn't a commonality of great players.  If it works for you then great.  Too much can have the shoulders and hips too closed.  Y ou do tend to see more players look like the guy in red, I would say it's more of effect of something else (like weight forward, head steady) rather than something you try to put in.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!