IGNORED

What will you shoot tomorrow?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's sometimes depressing to post today's score on What'd You Shoot Today thread.   For those who are tired of posting bad results after each round, how about posting here on what & how you plan to do well in the next round?  If your results are good, then you can reply to your own thread with how well you did.  I will start.

My old home course was very forgiving around green, not too many bunkers and vast "chipable" roughs around it.  I can hit my approach shot with abandon and still get away with par/bogey.  The new home course I started playing this month have greens surrounded by deep bunker and OB areas. If you miss a green, it usually translates into doubles.   But I kept playing the same way I did with the old home course, attacking the green with mid/long irons (not very accurate).  Tomorrow, I plan to avoid attacking difficult greens with mid/long irons.   I will lay up on my second shot to leave 20 - 60 yard chip or pitch into green.   I am hoping this can help me score near 90 which would be a good score for me on this course.  I am averaging high 90s now.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought you came up with a time machine, and was going to ask about some stocks. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Predicting my scores is about like predicting the next major earthquake but I'll give it a shot.

Five years ago the first time I played in the Saturday game I play in one of the captains asked me what I thought I would shoot. I told him a 72 and that's exactly what I shot (par 70).

Since that one and only prediction was right I'll go with a 72 again (now it's a par 71).

(If I don't get stupid again and try use the bounce of my wedge against the grain).

I will lay up on my second shot to leave 20 - 60 yard chip or pitch into green.   I am hoping this can help me score near 90 which would be a good score for me on this course.  I am averaging high 90s now.

The strategy worked but score went north (102!) due to bad short game.   I have been suffering from orthostatic hypotension and it was pretty bad this morning.  It's causing me to lose balance during swing.  Tomorrow, I am sticking with the same strategy and hope I am free of OH.  My goal tomorrow is to break 90 from White or 93 from Blue tee.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I just want to stay in the moment and hit every shot to the best of my ability. I try not to think about score but hope I play well as I have a tournament on Monday which will be my first in 10+years

Predicting my scores is about like predicting the next major earthquake but I'll give it a shot.

Five years ago the first time I played in the Saturday game I play in one of the captains asked me what I thought I would shoot. I told him a 72 and that's exactly what I shot (par 70).

Since that one and only prediction was right I'll go with a 72 again (now it's a par 71).

(If I don't get stupid again and try use the bounce of my wedge against the grain).

Well I blew that prediction! Maybe I can apply for a job as a weatherman.

Shot a 4 over 75 with only two birdies and 6 bogeys. (Too many lip outs from 8 to 10 feet and not enough skill to hit it closer than that).

76 I'll let you know tomorrow how I did. :-)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I've been playing relatively well at my shorter home course lately (well for me has been mid 90s).   Tomorrow I'll be going to a longer course that I've played before and typically score in the low 100s.  Tomorrow I break 100 for the first time at that course!

I have no idea. A couple of weeks ago I played 9 holes. I hit 8 balls OB and shot a 63. Two days later I shot a 39-42 on the same course. I will say I have a very bad back and on days when it hurting worse than usual I tend to lose complete control of my swing. At least I can still play!

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I have been suffering from orthostatic hypotension and it was pretty bad this morning.  It's causing me to lose balance during swing.  Tomorrow, I am sticking with the same strategy and hope I am free of OH.  My goal tomorrow is to break 90 from White or 93 from Blue tee.

No orthostatic hypotension today but I sucked big time.   Playing from White tee for the first time, I was pretty sure I can score in 90, a plus or minus a few shots.  Instead, I did 102 which is my worst score in several years.   I could not even beat any previous scores from Blue tee.   I will play the same course on Tuesday. I believe in the law of average and the next round is going to be a very good one.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

36 of course, it is what I always plan to shoot. LOL. My course is 6338 yds, 70.4/123 from the whites. I usually play the front which is a little easier than the back. I have legitimately parred or birdied every hole on the course. Realistically though, 38-40 is a good score for me. I shot 44 last time, with double bogey and bogey on the 2 par 5's, which I should never have worse than par on those two. The par 3's are fairly short, but difficult, so 1 over on those is good for me. The 2nd hole is 425 on the card, but doesn't play that long, but for me to be inside 150 I have to cut the corner. 5 is ok for me and 4 is like a birdie. The other par 4's are all under 400, so par is a reasonable expectation for my physical ability; as my handicap indicates though, I don't always put it all together. So, even on the par 5's, 1 over on the par 3's, and 2 over on the par 4's is 39. If I shoot 40-41, i usually feel pretty good; over that I feel like I have left strokes on the course.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Ended up shooting 79. Close but no cigar. FYI-6700 70.2/134 [quote name="Yukari" url="/t/70505/what-will-you-shoot-tomorrow#post_907788"]76 I'll let you know tomorrow how I did. :-)[/quote]

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

59!  (at some point during the round)

Yeah......usually somewhere around 13 for me! :-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!