• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Are there more like these? A couple of guys video blog their round on a pretty course

10 posts in this topic

I'll need them for the snowy winter months.

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Cool post. I'll watch the rest later.

Yea, I agree these are fun. Zeph did this once, posted somewhere in the private forums, and I found that to be quite entertaining. Sean Miller did a 4 hole blog too I believe.

It'd be fun if more members did this. I've thought about it, but whenever I get to the course, I always feel awkward about lugging my tripod around.

I said this before on one of the SoCal thread I think, but I think it'd be pretty awesome if those guys -- or really any TST related outing -- video blogged a few holes for us here.

At least give us the first tee jitters shots, guys! :-D

Awards and Achievements

I'll need them for the snowy winter months.

His buddy, Mark Crossfield, does the same too. They have a few course with both of them in it. The most recent one is at Desert Springs in Spain. I haven't seen the one they posted over the weekend of playing with a 14 handicap, but I'll watch it soon.

Gorilla James

Love watching Mark Crossfield's videos, I subscribe on YouTube.

not real golf, i didnt hear any swearing

THE GORILLAAAAAAAA!

(Hear it in your mind with Mark Crossfield's accent)

I need to get around to watching "Gorilla James'" videos; been watching Crossfield for several months now. Mark takes it well when James outdrives him by 30-50 yards.

those are some nice swings....and tight pants....

Awards and Achievements

I really like Mark's on-course videos, because there's a lot of discussion about what clubs they're choosing and why, different approaches they could take, etc. And there's PLENTY of pretty funny ribbing going on.

The recent vids mentioned above with a 14 handicapper playing with them (Mim) were quite good as well. She's dealing with a fade/slice, so a lot of her shots were preceded by Mark and her discussing how best to play the shot so a big fade wouldn't hurt her too much. Very informative stuff.

Awards and Achievements

THE GORILLAAAAAAAA!

(Hear it in your mind with Mark Crossfield's accent)

I need to get around to watching "Gorilla James'" videos; been watching Crossfield for several months now. Mark takes it well when James outdrives him by 30-50 yards.

Gorilla's channel didn't get that productive until recent when he started doing his own course tours. His previous videos just show him power hitting a few clubs and weightlifting, but that's about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Golf Evolution
    • Iron Game Suffers when Driver Going Well
      For high handicappers myself included, this is typical.   I think it is b/c we don't have the same swing for irons and longer clubs.  If we get them both right in the same round, it is probably by pure luck or coincidence.  Grin and bear, and enjoy the journey.
    • Jack or Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?
      The topic title is the question who is the greatest golfer, the poll is the question who was the best. Two different things in my opinion. There's no doubt to me Tiger was a better golfer. How could he not? Spieth, McIlroy, Day but even guys like Wiesberger, Luiten and Donaldson play better golf than Jack. The game evolved so much over the years, and got so much more professional. If Jack would have been around in this era he would benefit from all that as well and be a better golfer than he was (and probably top those guys I just mentioned). But who was the greatest. How do you measure that (can you)? Tiger was dominant in a stronger field, winning more titles than you can count. Jack was the first of a kind, winning the biggest titles (majors) over an enourmous span and having the most of them. Isn't it mostly a matter of personal who you find 'greater'? For me Johan Cruyff is the greatest Dutch football player of time, but I have no doubt that Dennis Bergkamp and Arjen Robben were/are better because the game evolved. 
    • Making a Murderer Discussion Thread (Spoilers Likely)
      Obvisously... she took his case about a month ago. On one hand I hope Avery is guilty as hell, on the other hand it would be an amazing story and twist if turns out to be set up and she can prove that. I think that chance is less than 1%, but still..... Possibly, good point. Should be quite some blood though since they found 'drops', meaning it was dripping from (in this theory) his glove. Exactly my point. I don't think the blood was freely flowing, because than there should be a lot more blood in the car. They found blood consisting with bloody hair. Seems to me, and I know I'm not an expert, that she was already dead when she was in the car, because that would explain the little amount of blood found (no pumping of the heart, no flow of blood) and the place it was found (in the back). One can easily argue that he killed in the garage, moved her to the car, and only then got the plan to burn her instead and moved her again; to the pit. But the 'problem' is that that's not what the DA said what happenend. In my opinion that blood in the car contradicts the story (or truth) he wants us and the jury to believe, and contradicts also with the story of Dassey which is the only thing that links Dassey to the case: his own words. That doesn't mean Avery is innocent, but it might raise some doubt. The DA should stick with the facts, not filling in the blanks with guessing. If he can't prove exact chronologically he shouldn't state it as 'fact'.   Absolutely. I'm not convinced in anything, not in my opinion, not in yours, not at all in the people who made the documentary. Also not a fan of conspiracy theory's. I don't think the murder was planted on him, but I do think some mistakes were made by the justice system. Mistakes that possibly should have lead to his and maybe even more Dassey's release, even though there's a big chance he did it. That's for me perhaps the most interesting part in this case and in the discussion. If we want a justice system where the chance is close to 0% that we convict someone innocent, and the prosecution and police need to follow the rules, it means sometimes the guilty walk free. I think everything they found on the compount while Manitowoc detectives were present should have been excluded. I think the DNA on the blood of the bullet should have been excluded. I think the 'confession' of Dassey should have been excluded. I think Dassey should have given at least a new trial, but that was denied by the same judge which handled his initial case (?!).
      A long time ago, by Tiger's own admission,  said a golfer's career is measured by "majors won" . So if Woody does not break Jack's major record, then according to Woody, his career will be second to Jack's. Now Jack has said that he expects (expected) Woody to break his major record. So Jack is saying he expects Woody will have the better career.  These are the only two guys who would know who had the best career.   Neither one is going to be the GOAT. They will just be a GOTE. 
      Nope, you blindly worship Jack.  It is obvious that you have not read much, if any, of the thread.  But hey, you saw Jack.  In person, yet.  So what.  I did too.  I saw him win his last USGA championship at Cherry Hills.  I saw Tiger play as well - although in person I only saw practice rounds.  So what.  That does not make my assessment of their respective careers more or less credible.  Geee, I never saw Hogan play so I guess we cannot count him in the discussion.   You think Jack was better.  That is fine.  You are entitled to your opinion.  Just don't spoil it with specious reasons or arguments.  Because those we will slice apart like one of Klinger's salamis.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries