IGNORED

Chipping and pitching help..

Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok.. Let's try this again internet world.. Filmed my pitching and chipping Chime in and maybe we can learn together,,,all threads are about the swing.,like to change up and talk short game..I'm using opposing forces Hand pressures [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/Qn1nNPZ4wMo [/VIDEO] Just be honest,.and let's have somes. Funs. I play inside my right shoulder not out

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

What are we supposed to be learning from videos of you pitching, putting, or whatever? If you're trying to impart some wisdom, please do. If you're looking for help, please ask. But I'm not finding a whole lot of value just watching you (or anyone else) chip or putt without any context......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Advice ..and I will do the same. Post all of your chips and pitches on here... Thought it would be fun for a newer member like me

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Advice ..and I will do the same. Post all of your chips and pitches on here... Thought it would be fun for a newer member like me

What is it about your chipping that you struggle with? I'm sure some of the expert instructors on the site will be happy to weigh in if you can provide some specifics. You might also want to use the site search feature. You'll find a lot of good material there, for whatever ails your game.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You're not going to get any advice from a video set up for a TV style shot showing the the flag and green and with you hitting the same chip over and over again.  Give us a face on view with one swing each of the different typical green side shots you cycle through in the long version.  On chip, one stock pitch, one high-pitch/flop, whatever.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I'd use a little more hip going back. They look still, and then go forward. A little too armsy for my tastes...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have a question. What is the purpose for the double speed practice swing? I noticed you did that in the putting video too but only before the first strike then you just roll with it. Is that something you do during rounds. It seems to work for you all those chips were pretty close.

Dave :-)

[quote name="Dave2512" url="/t/70551/chipping-and-pitching-help#post_908192"]I have a question. What is the purpose for the double speed practice swing? I noticed you did that in the putting video too but only before the first strike then you just roll with it. Is that something you do during rounds. It seems to work for you all those chips were pretty close. [/quote] I have no reason why I do that.. Reflex or something.. I was so nervous doing this on camera...never film this.. Short on time.. Just chipped pitched putted and left. I just try not to flip.. Open face.. Square to square my thing

Good tips guys.. Someone recommended Dan Whittaker? Or a program called abs ? And send small clip of pitches for review for an online lesson. Hard to explain what I do , as my main goal is to get as close to the hole as I can.. I treat chips and pitches as putts and roll the ball a lot with little to no spin. I still have ping eye 2 wedges that I use.. So I'm sure the grooves are shot..

• 3 months later...

I just saw a great chiping and pitching tips program with Paul Azinger and Brandel CHamblee. Azinger seems to be a strong proponent of using the pitch shot when possible. P&C; has been the weekest part of my game. I really liked what Azinger was saying and can not wait to go out and try his tips when the weather allows. He is a proponent of finding and then using the bounce of the club in order to properly pitch correctly. They were not too specific as to what club choice a player should use. It looked to me that Azinger was using a 56 or 60 degree wedge. What would you folks suggest as a starter club for properly pitching?

What i think is most important with chips and pitches and i see loads off amateurs play this way,

they kind off always hit high chips and pitches, i think i can control the roll off the ball better than the flight.

so i try to use the bump and run as much as possible simply because there is much less room for error shots.

if i hit a chip with my lob wedge and i hit it slightly thin, i will find my ball 10-20 yards past the hole, if i do the same with a

7 iron and hit the same contact my ball will be past the hole but 5 yards at most.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

What i think is most important with chips and pitches and i see loads off amateurs play this way,

they kind off always hit high chips and pitches, i think i can control the roll off the ball better than the flight.

so i try to use the bump and run as much as possible simply because there is much less room for error shots.

if i hit a chip with my lob wedge and i hit it slightly thin, i will find my ball 10-20 yards past the hole, if i do the same with a

7 iron and hit the same contact my ball will be past the hole but 5 yards at most.

I agree with your technique and always try to use the bump and run as well. That is great when you are just off the green  with no rough or hazards in front of you. If you have to carry the ball any distance then the bump and run gets problematic. Azinger was referring to using the Bounce on the club to get the ball up in the air to carry the rough or hazard and then release onto the green. To me it looked similar to making a sand trap shot by hitting just behind the ball on the ground with the bounce. But maybe I misunderstood him.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!