IGNORED

Goals that you have set for yourself that are actually achievable

liquor box
Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are many golfers who set a goal that is possibly more about luck than skill, like to get a hole in one. Some people want to play a round in even par, which is great if you are already great at golf.

For me my major goal is to play an entire round with every fairway hit AND every green in regulation. I am off about 16 so if I achieve this goal allowing for 3 putts I would possibly be at around +5 scratch which would be my best by far. I am actually confident of doing this in the  next few months.

What is your highest goal that you think you will definitely achieve within a reasonable timeframe?

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

You consider hitting all fairways and all greens (while allowing for a bunch of 3-putts) "achievable"? :-\

Too unrealistic for me, that's for sure, especially considering that in 2013, the best PGA Tour players only averaged 12-13 greens in regulation.....

Near-term (next 3-4 handicap cycles) I want to get back into the 4's.......next year I'd like to at least peek into the 3's.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My main goal is to not have any doubles or worse. Avoid the blow-up holes. If I hit a bad drive, the goal is to get on the green in 2 more (par 4) and 2 putt for bogey. No hero shots. Par is a bonus.

An aspiration is to break 80, but since I don't play that much, and rarely practice, I don't expect it to magically happen. I've gone into obsessive mode a few years and played a lot, and shot an 83 once, but life takes over and I regress back to normal.

Oh, and a real goal is to not lose a ball during a round, not so much for the score impact, but because I'm cheap. :-\

Not a scoring goal but an execution goal: I want every one of my swings to come from the inside or right on-plane. Right now I can do it if I concentrate on doing it but I want it to be automatic so I can work on something else for a change.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I tend to go for small progression goals rather than something that seems a million miles away, this is how I have always worked in life when challenging myself to something which is not going to happen over night.

First year playing golf as a club member but here is my goal progression, some of them are very easy but when I first started it was not so easy sadly.

* Obtain Official handicap - [Complete] Given 25 Handicap

* Shoot under a 100 (Par 70) - [Complete]

* Shoot Under 90 (Par 70) - [Complete]

* Shoot Under 85 (Par 70) - [Complete]

* Shoot Under 80 (Par 70) - [In-Progress] Best To-Date 82

* Score A Birdie - [Complete]

* Score A Eagle - [In-Progress]

* Get to 20 Handicap from 25 in 6 months - [In-Progress] Currently at 24.2, Only played in 3 comps and played mediocre in all of them sadly.

Once I get to 20 handicap, I will then set the goal to get to 18/bogey golfer over next 6 month then 15 > 12 > 10..etc.

Thats my system for improvement.

My goals change as I get better and my I have a few new goals as of late.

Be more consistent

First to shoot under par

My lofty goal that I am setting long term is to qualify for the Us Mid Am and eventually the Senior Amateur

Get an official handicap, which I will do right after the first of the year, since they don't pro rate the annual fee.

Get handicap to scratch, which I could probably do (or at least low singles) in a year if I played a couple of times a week. My problem is that I'll play hardcore for a few months, see something else shiny and quit playing golf.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I've only had three goals in golf. Met two of them and had to abandon the other one.

The first goal was simply to get good enough to be able to play with better players and keep it in play enough for all of us to have an enjoyable round.

The next was to shoot under par at the course where I was a member (course rating 68, par 72).

The last goal I had was to be able to show up at the daily 12:30 game at that course and beat the four man low ball teams by myself.

The last goal was probably biting off more than I could chew (but I was feeling pretty good at the time). Soon after I thought up that goal our work slowed way down and I had to drop my membership, so I'll never know if I could have done that or not. (Probably not).

I'd like to preface my goal with the fact that I just started playing in August. So excuses aside, my number 1 goal is to hit the ball straight/well consistently. I have a major inconsistency problem i'm trying to fix. I'd like to have the goal straightened out (see what I did there?!?!) by next August. From there I want to play a round in the mid/low 90s. I haven't figured much out after that. I am in graduate school to become a doctor of physical therapy so time is something I don't have much of, making a year semi-realistic.

1. Break 80

2. Get to a single digit handicap

My low score to date is an 83, but I've broken 40 on a side many times, so I feel pretty confident this will fall next season.

My handicap this year dropped 2 strokes from the end of last year, but this was after hitting balls into a net all winter, which completely ruined my swing, and I ballooned up above where I started last year before I finally took some lessons and got things headed back in the right direction, so I'm hopeful that I can get there next season, but a couple years is probably more realistic for this one. I'm going to do nothing golf related other than putt (a lot!) this winter, and hit ball off the matt in the back yard on the rare occasion it warms up enough, and maybe take some more lessons on a simulator.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

At the beginning of this year my handicap stood at just over 20.  My goal was to bet it down to 15, so I have managed to beat that one.  I've had a bit of a health setback, but am hoping to get that behind me by year end and next year get into the upper single digits for a handicap.  I doubt I really have the talent to get below mid singles, but that's okay, I can still feel quite good about my golf at that rate.  I still haven't broken 80, but know that is doable so it's on my list as well.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

For me my major goal is to play an entire round with every fairway hit AND every green in regulation. I am off about 16 so if I achieve this goal allowing for 3 putts I would possibly be at around +5 scratch which would be my best by far. I am actually confident of doing this in the  next few months.

Wow.  I'd think out of the gate that this is not achievable for a 16 cap.  I'm one also and I get about 3-4 per round.  I realize you can be a better driver and worse putter than me, but still sounds crazy to go to 18.  If you feel confident that you will do this in the coming months, I take it you are pretty close to 18 per round now?  How many do you normally get?

And if you are getting 15 or so per round, how many putts do you have per round?  I'd calculate maybe 55?

I don't really set goals in golf anymore, if I was going to I'd have to pick up a swing coach and really get serious about my game and compete in tournaments.

I had two goals this year. The first was to break 100. I did that in May and quickly switched to breaking 90. Right now I'm sitting on a 91. The second was to beat the fellow that started my on golf. I've come within 3 strokes, but have also come to realize he doesn't count everything.

Next year, I'll get on the handicap system and started plugging through that.

I would like to be able to hit my driver consistent and after that i would like to shoot in the mid to low 70's. hoping by the end of the year

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

I generally hit about 9 out of the 14 fairways on my local course which is about 64% but I am usually not too far off on the others. There are 3x par 5's that I use a driver on and only 3 x par 4's that I use driver or 3w on. the rest are 3i-7i off the tee due to water across fairways or doglegs/bunkers.

As for greens in regulation I am pretty hopeless, but can usually get about 1-5m off the green and pin high.

My average par 4 or 5 is on the fairway, or on the fringe ( I count being 5cm into the 1st cut as off the fairway) and then miss the green by about 3m and then chip and 2 or 3 put. I probably 3 put at least 3-4 times a round.

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!