IGNORED

PING G25 Irons

Note: This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone try these yet? i am looking for a new set of irons.

more specifically, i was told its not a "long hitting Iron" and that i should go to something like Rocketbalz. For those of you who have tried them, how do you like them and do they compare? The PGA pro at my local shop said if you want distance in our irons, don't buy ping. Never heard this before.

There are a lot of people that play G25 irons including myself. I have had mine since they hit the market it just so happened I was looking at new irons at the time. I spent weeks trying new irons at Rodger Dunn, on the last visit it was about 4 hours to narrow down to these.

The only reason for them to not go as far is brands like TM are jacking up the lofts on there irons. Example if I take a 7i from TM say I hit it 160, I take my 6i G25 and hit it 160, not a big deal, club down.

What I found was I liked the feel, consistency, weight and the stock steel shafts that Ping offered on these. I played the TM Rocketbladz for about a month and took them back they felt  a bit hard and light to me, that is MO only.

Would I buy them again, with out a second thought, I am not a brand person, I bought what fit my game you should do the same for yourself.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I have not tried the G25s, but have been playing G20s for over a year and am very pleased with the quality of the clubs.  I am not a long hitter, but the G20s are just fine.  I have been sort of sad I don't have the G25s ever since I first laid eye on 'em.  They are very nice looking clubs and more traditional than the G20s and I think they are great clubs for most any level of golfer.  I think you should give them a good try.  Pay attention to how they feel, and the shot consistency more than overall distance.

One of my pet peeves is the obsession with distance that some of the manufacturers seem to be driving.  A launch angle that works for my game and consistent distances are, for me, far more important than whether I need to use a 7 or 8 iron for a given shot.  From what I've read, some of the "hot" irons tend to have "hot" spots around the face where you can catch an extra 10 yards.  An extra 10 yards sounds good?  Not if it's 10 yards past the pin and off the back of the green.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I have not tried the G25s, but have been playing G20s for over a year and am very pleased with the quality of the clubs.  I am not a long hitter, but the G20s are just fine.  I have been sort of sad I don't have the G25s ever since I first laid eye on 'em.  They are very nice looking clubs and more traditional than the G20s and I think they are great clubs for most any level of golfer.  I think you should give them a good try.  Pay attention to how they feel, and the shot consistency more than overall distance.

One of my pet peeves is the obsession with distance that some of the manufacturers seem to be driving.  A launch angle that works for my game and consistent distances are, for me, far more important than whether I need to use a 7 or 8 iron for a given shot.  From what I've read, some of the "hot" irons tend to have "hot" spots around the face where you can catch an extra 10 yards.  An extra 10 yards sounds good?  Not if it's 10 yards past the pin and off the back of the green.

Well put!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Do a search on you tube for a guy named mark crossfield, he does a side by side comparison of the g25's and rocket bladez tour irons, using a trackman. I think he actually hit the g25's farther. I'd go to a store and hit them on the sim and see what you liked better. I did that but also hit the cobra amp cells, which I picked because I liked the feel, distance and forgiveness of them. So just go compare shop and see what fits you best.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The most consistent irons I have played. Prior to these, I played TM 2.0 burner irons, which were approximately 5 yards longer but the distance between clubs was not consistent. The best golf purchase I've ever made.

No doubt the best irons I've ever had. I gave up about 5 yds as well but it's because of the inconsistency different brands have with their lofts. I club down sometimes but it doesn't happen too much. Forgiving as helllllll. In the words of Nike, just do it. Keep in mind as well, Ping gives you a lifetime warranty and if you want them bent within a degree or two they do it for free as long as you pay the freight charges. Can't beat that pal.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I bought a set of these last week, they are fantastic. Based on your statement in the OP, I actually find the G25 long irons to be the best irons in the set! Obviously it's going to depend on what irons you currently use, as to how much difference they make, but my Iron shots have:

- Gained distance

- More accurate

- Installed confidence on the tee

My game has improved a lot as I was properly fitted and have upgraded from regular to stiff shaft, which has helped me a lot. Trust me when you try them out and hit a pure shot, the noise is great and feels amazing.

PING irons are some of the best out there, so you should strongly consider them

I have G25's as well.  Distance wise, I am far enough.  I don't know if I would hit something else further because I decided based on feel, and then had the opportunity to go to Ping directly in Phoenix to get fit.

Ping's fitting process is also (IMHO) superior to most of the other brands fitting systems.  Also, being left handed I was grateful to report that everything that Ping makes, they also make in left handed.  Unlike Mizuno where somebody said, try the JPX825 pros they are great (except not avail in LH)

Finally, Ping holds its value better than other brands, since all new irons are around the same price, I figured I should get the brand that would reduce the hit the most next time I go to buy new irons.

So far, no complaints.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned TM Burner Plus, Wilson Di11's, Mizuno JPX800HD's all pure distance clubs and now own G25's and they are every bit as long as those other 3 sets I mentioned.

Matter of fact even a bit longer as I've taken some reason lessons that helped with swing speed.   I used to have an over the top swing, and now moving to a more inside/out (draw biased) swing.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I just got a set of Ping G25 irons a couple of weeks ago. I had bought a set of Mizuno JPX-825's which are great irons but I'm much more consistent with the G25's.

Probably because I played Eye 2's for 25 years, I guess I'm just a Ping guy.

thanks for the replies. I bought the g25's and love them so far. They don't seem as long as my Burner 2.0's but as someone mentioned above, my burners were pretty inconsistent with distance. I know it could be me, but even on good hits, it seemed I couldn't find consistent yardage on particular club. The pings seem far more consistent and easier to hit. Also seem to have much better quality. I too got fitted and the process was more in depth than that others. I played the same course within 2 weeks one time with my TM's and once with the pings.. TM = 102, pings I shot a 95. My shots were far more consistent and straighter. This was the clubs I believe.

the clubs I considered where the

Xhots - great distance (2nd choice)

Mizuno 825's, just didn't like the feel (put it down right away as didn't care for)

TM - Rocketbladz (3rd choice)

Also picked up a set of Nike Mach Speeds (irons) for a 2nd set for not having to lug my clubs everytime I go to up north to my cabin. And boy can you tell the difference between the nike's and the pings. Ping has a great feel comparing the two. The nikes are nice but they are not the g25's.

Anyone try these yet? i am looking for a new set of irons.

more specifically, i was told its not a "long hitting Iron" and that i should go to something like Rocketbalz. For those of you who have tried them, how do you like them and do they compare? The PGA pro at my local shop said if you want distance in our irons, don't buy ping. Never heard this before.

They are still "longer" than most irons but maybe not as "long" as the RBZ irons.  Both have stronger lofts than most irons, RBZ irons are even stronger than the G25's.

Here's our staff review

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/ping_g25_irons_review

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...

These arrived yesterday replacing my Taylormade Burner OS irons

All's I can say is wow

Its just near on impossible to not get the ball in the air, You know when the ball has hit the heal/toe but it still goes high and far

The clubs are very light and very good to look at for GI irons, Everything felt right, The sound of impact was great and every part of the club blow the taylormades out of the water

I have been playing poorly the last two to three months scoring around 110-115, Today I finished with a 96,My iron shots just felt so controlled

Best £400 I have spent

Note: This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!