IGNORED

New Driver?

Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I recently got fitted for new irons and they have been awesome.  At the time, I did not get a driver because I have a 2 year old RBZ driver that is still in perfectly good condition.  I got it as a gift though and was not fitted for it nor have I ever done a driver fitting.  Naturally I've got the bug in my head now that while it's surely the jockey and not the horse maybe a different shaft or better fitting weapon will be a game changer.  I'm sure I'm just trying to justify buying more toys but curious how much people think the fitting process makes a difference in their performance with the Big Dog.

Does your current RBZ driver work OK? For example, what distances do your Driver, 3W and 4i fly?

Does your driver put the ball in the fairway regularly?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Works ok; a lot of 225-245 drives and at least once a round pure one that can go 260-275 (gps measured!)  Biggest issue is snap hooking as the "miss" so wondering if shaft weight/club head weight might make a difference in keeping the arms from swinging around ahead of the hips.

Getting a properly fitted driver did wonders for me.  Your mileage, obviously, may vary.

The random snap hook might be a club/shaft issue, but I would guess it is more likely a swing fault.  Look for a well fitted driver to improve on things that happen consistently in your "average" shot.  i.e. better distance, changes in a consistent slice/hook, higher/lower flight.  For me, it was fixing a consistent slice and adding ball flight height.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!