• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Driver?

4 posts in this topic

So I recently got fitted for new irons and they have been awesome.  At the time, I did not get a driver because I have a 2 year old RBZ driver that is still in perfectly good condition.  I got it as a gift though and was not fitted for it nor have I ever done a driver fitting.  Naturally I've got the bug in my head now that while it's surely the jockey and not the horse maybe a different shaft or better fitting weapon will be a game changer.  I'm sure I'm just trying to justify buying more toys but curious how much people think the fitting process makes a difference in their performance with the Big Dog.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Does your current RBZ driver work OK? For example, what distances do your Driver, 3W and 4i fly?

Does your driver put the ball in the fairway regularly?

Works ok; a lot of 225-245 drives and at least once a round pure one that can go 260-275 (gps measured!)  Biggest issue is snap hooking as the "miss" so wondering if shaft weight/club head weight might make a difference in keeping the arms from swinging around ahead of the hips.

Getting a properly fitted driver did wonders for me.  Your mileage, obviously, may vary.

The random snap hook might be a club/shaft issue, but I would guess it is more likely a swing fault.  Look for a well fitted driver to improve on things that happen consistently in your "average" shot.  i.e. better distance, changes in a consistent slice/hook, higher/lower flight.  For me, it was fixing a consistent slice and adding ball flight height.