IGNORED

Ohio Golfers...........speak up!!

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed one recent post from a Columbus golfer!   Where are you all!!   Speak up......

I'd love to hear about where you are playing....maybe we can share notes.   I haven't lived in ohio since 1999, but I've played well over 100 Ohio courses...  lets hear some noise from the Buckeye golfers.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I play the Columbus munis.  Theyre decent courses and the greens fees are cheap.  Im no, "buckeye" golfer, more like a Badger living in Buckeye country but Columbus is a nice city for golf.

Ive also played Legendary Run in Cincy and thats a very nice course.  Its a tough course but its nice.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I play the Columbus munis.  Theyre decent courses and the greens fees are cheap.  Im no, "buckeye" golfer, more like a Badger living in Buckeye country but Columbus is a nice city for golf.

Ive also played Legendary Run in Cincy and thats a very nice course.  Its a tough course but its nice.

Someone's gotta keep all those "nuts" in line......

......and how about that Packer game last week?! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got on this board about a week ago.

Generally I play the City of Dayton courses (Community, Kittyhawk and Madden). When I'm at my brothers in Troy, we play Miami Shores. They are all good, forgiving courses for hacks like me. My brother and I tried to play Reid Memorial North in Springfield a couple of weeks ago and made a mess of it. I must of lost no short of 6 balls that day.

We get around to a few others. Ever play a place called Hidden Lake? I'd like to hear others' take on that one.

Someone's gotta keep all those "nuts" in line......

......and how about that Packer game last week?!

Ive got nothing but love for the people in Ohio but having said that, it would be perfectly fine with me if Ohio State never won another game. ;-)

About the Packer game: the Browns are the Browns for a reason.  The Bengals are pretty good though.  At least the Packers managed to beat the 2nd best NFL team in Ohio.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've played them all many times back in the day.  I lived close to Turnberry in Pickerington....I've played that course more than all the others combined.  I cut my golfing teeth playing those courses.....and lets not forget Blacklick Gold.  I always loved that course. I've probably played blacklick and turnberry over 100 times each.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Generally I play the City of Dayton courses (Community, Kittyhawk and Madden). When I'm at my brothers in Troy, we play Miami Shores. They are all good, forgiving courses for hacks like me. My brother and I tried to play Reid Memorial North in Springfield a couple of weeks ago and made a mess of it. I must of lost no short of 6 balls that day.

We get around to a few others. Ever play a place called Hidden Lake? I'd like to hear others' take on that one.

I've played all over the state, but never in the Dayton area........... I've heard about Reid Memorial, but never got around to making the trip.  I hear that's a pretty good course.

What's in Paul's Bag:

When I was stationed at Wright-Patt I played a lot more than I have since I left there.  I liked the City of Dayton courses a lot, and I agree, all are pretty forgiving for hacks like me.  I think I liked Madden the best.   I liked the courses on base.  I played Hidden Lake 2 or 3 times, not sure why but it didn't really click for me.  I thought it was a little undermaintained and I thought it played harder than it looked.  I liked Cliffside right down the road, though.  Up in that area I thought Sugar Isle was the best.  WGC in Xenia was one I liked, Sebastian Hills in the same area killed a hack like me (but it was nice).  Beavercreek was another nice-but-tough course I remember.   I loved that area and I thought there were a lot decent but inexpensive courses.

When I was stationed at Wright-Patt I played a lot more than I have since I left there.  I liked the City of Dayton courses a lot, and I agree, all are pretty forgiving for hacks like me.  I think I liked Madden the best.   I liked the courses on base.  I played Hidden Lake 2 or 3 times, not sure why but it didn't really click for me.  I thought it was a little undermaintained and I thought it played harder than it looked.  I liked Cliffside right down the road, though.  Up in that area I thought Sugar Isle was the best.  WGC in Xenia was one I liked, Sebastian Hills in the same area killed a hack like me (but it was nice).  Beavercreek was another nice-but-tough course I remember.   I loved that area and I thought there were a lot decent but inexpensive courses.

Not sure how long ago that was, but calling Hidden Lake undermaintained is like calling hell warm. Not only are the fairways the same length as the rough, but they have these holes and ruts that decent drives go to die in. You should never lose a ball on a fairway.

I'd second you on Cliffside and WGC. Sugar Isle is decent when they tend the greens. I played out there earlier this year and it was like putting through molasses. Still, we do have a lot of cheap golf courses and that's golden for people on a budget like me.

I've played all over the state, but never in the Dayton area........... I've heard about Reid Memorial, but never got around to making the trip.  I hear that's a pretty good course.

Reid Memorial North is definitely a nice course. It's one of the better maintained municipal courses I've seen. The greens run really true, but if you miss the fairway, you are in trouble. I hear the South course is the easier of the two and probably would have been a better choice for my skill level. It's also real cheap, especially if you go through Golfnow.

Note: This thread is 3825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!