IGNORED

What Is Your Favorite 19th Hole Beverage?

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 3812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The last time I visited the 19th hole after a round was in the 1990s!!!  I used to play in a regular pot-game back then.  We'd have 20-35 players competing during prime season and we'd all gather in the grill afterwards for payouts.  The wait for all the groups to finish was always painful.  I usually drank water or a Gatorade. Since those days?................NEVER.  LOL

IMO...if I have the time to burn afterwards, it would be better spent playing an extra 9 holes!

No joke......ever since I relocated and changed to a new golf club, all of my regular groups make a beeline to our cars after walking off the 18th and that is the way I like it.  If there is money to be handed over....we do it from our carts after we drive clear of the 18th green. lol

Sounds like a real close-knit FUN group :yucky:

Summertime: gin and tonic. Cooler weather: whisky on the rocks I play a lot of solo golf, so my 19th hole is usually in my yard chipping around. If I'm lucky enough to get out with my buddies we'll stick to beer usually.

Lemonade or an Arnold Palmer. Guys love me when they have a hole-in-one.

You mean a Mark Stephenhagen, right?

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Miller Lite.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Mango Lassi

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If your course serves lassi consider me jealous. Sounds like a dream to me. I can see me now "I'll have the veggie samosa and a sweet mint lassi".

Dave :-)

Sounds like a real close-knit FUN group

Why?  ......because we don't hang around drinking in the bar afterwards?

LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Summer: Rock Shandy (good, large dash of Angostura bitters, shot of lime cordial and made up to a pint with half-and-half ginger beer and lemonade. Lots of ice.). Fantastic thirst quencher.

Rest of the year: A good blonde ale.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Summer: Rock Shandy (good, large dash of Angostura bitters, shot of lime cordial and made up to a pint with half-and-half ginger beer and lemonade. Lots of ice.). Fantastic thirst quencher.

Rest of the year: A good blonde ale.

LOVE ginger beer!! Definitely an acquired taste.

I like a nice cold vinho madeira. But that's once or twice a year. Usually it's a Sam Adams or a Jameson on the rocks.

I've used madeira to cook and I've had some delicious scotch whiskys that have been finished in madeira casks but I've never drank it as a beverage, kind of a drier version of porto?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

LOVE ginger beer!! Definitely an acquired taste.

I've used madeira to cook and I've had some delicious scotch whiskys that have been finished in madeira casks but I've never drank it as a beverage, kind of a drier version of porto?

Four types (essentially) of Madeira from bone-dry to very sweet. Sercial is pretty dry - maybe a substitute for a light sherry? Verdelho is off-dry, pretty nice. Bual is med-sweet and can be fantastic while malvasia is the sweetest, easily as sweet as port - great dessert wine. If you've not tried them before, we were recommended the verdelho and the bual when in Madeira as a starting point. Aged versions can be truly fabulous. Well worth a go - I'd recommend them as something a bit different.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Four types (essentially) of Madeira from bone-dry to very sweet. Sercial is pretty dry - maybe a substitute for a light sherry? Verdelho is off-dry, pretty nice. Bual is med-sweet and can be fantastic while malvasia is the sweetest, easily as sweet as port - great dessert wine. If you've not tried them before, we were recommended the verdelho and the bual when in Madeira as a starting point. Aged versions can be truly fabulous. Well worth a go - I'd recommend them as something a bit different.

Agreed. I'm a fan of the bual and malvasia, especially if you can get them aged in barrel vs. exported in a bottle. They're both better off sipped almost like a scotch in my opinion - you don't want or need a big glass.

Russ B.

Note: This thread is 3812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!