IGNORED

Straits Irish Course

cipher
Note: This thread is 3268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Irish Course has a deal for $70 to play it in November.  Would anyone be interesed in playing on the 7th, 8th, or 9th?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Almost worth the trip up there!

If anyone can make it, they SHOULD!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Almost worth the trip up there!

If anyone can make it, they SHOULD!

My bro might actually join me.  We will see.  If it works out it would be a lot of fun to play it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator
Almost worth the trip up there! If anyone can make it, they SHOULD!

Weather forecast?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I will probably end up taking an insurance agent we work with out there.

Nate

Tee time is made, I think I might vlog the full shots as well.

Nate

Pretty excited about playing tomorrow.  Temp should be in the high 40s.   I am going to try out the new grenade driver as well.  Since I don't have any real friends, I am taking an insurance agent we work with.  All someone had to do was speak up and their round was paid for.  Too late! ;-)

Nate

Soooooo jealous......

Have fun!

In David's bag....

Soooooo jealous......

Have fun!

Thanks, I am excited about it!

Nate

Had a great time, pics coming soon.

Nate

Wow. Talk to us! Full details, including how you did!

In David's bag....

• Administrator
Almost wish I'd driven up to play it… Almost.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not well.  I have not played in almost a month.  I shot about 90, did not really keep score.  I was trying out a new driver as well which actually did not cost me too many strokes, but I just had some bad bounces and made some mistakes in playing the course for the first time.  Had a few low point issues, but not bad considering the time off of playing.  Had a bunch of pitch shots spin a bit too much off the closely mowed areas around the green.  I was not used to that, and a bunch of short shots would stop when I thought the would roll out.  I could have putted much better had I used aimpoint, but I am not great at it yet and did not want to slow things down.  It is my favorite course I have played thus far.  It is just awesome, I love the waste areas and the design.  Gotta get the kids to bed but if you have more questions, please ask.

Here is the walk from the tee to the green on Blind Man's Bluff.  Some may not know but it is a par 3 with a blind tee shot.

Nate

Almost wish I'd driven up to play it…

Almost.

You should sometime... :-D

Nate

At 40 degrees when we started, we did not have the heart to play from 7200. We decided on the blues at 6750 which was all I could handle in the wind and the cold. I did destroy a couple balls about 250 though. :P

Nate

Note: This thread is 3268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!