IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

Guest ShadowXOR
I'm very new to golf (buying my first set of clubs tomorrow). How do I find this out? Do you just knock a few around at the driving range and see where you land? Sorry for the lame question.

I'm very new to golf (buying my first set of clubs tomorrow). How do I find this out? Do you just knock a few around at the driving range and see where you land? Sorry for the lame question.

either on the range or when you play. use markers to measure distance.

(200yard, 150yard, 100yard i've even seen a 60yard marker)

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I carry the ball about 210 with 15-20 yards of roll. I think that your categories are too spread out. Maybe instead of 201-260, 201-230 and 231-260 would give you a better idea of what people actually hit.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

Mine carry between 210-230, sometimes if I get lucky & all the planets align I can get one out to 250. I go to 4-5 different ranges & never see any balls past the 250 mark, hell a lot of the ranges don't even have markers past 250.

verisign should add "DDV: driver distance verification and ADDF: anti-driving distance fraud" to their internet software. That being said I average between 280 and 290. My 983K is hot! (I will vote using 280)

400 yards is my avarage.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

400 yards is my avarage.

I THINK HE MIGHT BE LYING.

I voted 261-280 for average, sometimes getting them out there a bit further (longest drive of the year was a 365 yard BOMB) or shorter (heeled shots for me tend to go around 240).
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

A poll on this same topic again ?

Lol...brace yourself for the inevitable tidal wave of amatures who all consistantly hit the same off the tee as the average PGA tour player ( currently 262 yards for Cory Pavin on the low end, to Bubba Watson's 316 at the top, average for all 194 card holders appears to be 285 - 290 ). (From http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/current/101.html )

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

A poll on this same topic

I used to be just like you Sherpat. I would read all these yardages and get a good laugh out of it. That was until two weeks ago, when I got paired with a guy a year older then myself who hit TWO 350+ yard drives. His average for the round was probably at least 290 yards. He ended up shooting 5 over for the round and I was in awe the whole time as he drove the ball a minimum of 50 yards past me. It was sad when on one par 5 it took me 3 shots to make it to his drive (behind the trees off the tee, failed punch shot, and then my next try I reached him). So I guess what I'm trying to say is I will never doubt what anyone says they drive on here ever again. Some are probably lying, maybe even unintentionally, and some are not. Me personally, I voted for 201-260 yards. I am not a long hitter, but some are.

Driver: R7 Quad 8.5°
3 wood: A10
Hybrid: 20° DWS Baffler
4-GW: FP Irons
SW: 06 Big Bertha 56°LW: A10 60° Putter: White Steel 2-ball

I carry the ball 200-220 yards most of the time giving 215-235 yards overall distance.

Most people brazenly lie about the distance they drive the golf ball so I'd take the opinions of some so called "long hitters" with a pinch of salt. I'm sure you'll get the usual fantasy merchants replying to this post claiming that they're in the 320-330 yards range. Don't believe them. I've seen a few people genuinely carry 260-270 yards (overall distance 275-285 yards) at the range but they are definitely a very small minority (certainly not 35% as this poll suggests). According to Golf Digest the average carry is in the range of 195-205 yards for amateur men. I can buy that.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

My brother would always say how he drove certain greens at the course (mid 300 yards) i called BS, then i golfed with him, and have witnessed him drive these greens on about 4 occassions.

I also think that a range is an inaccurate measure, the balls are most times crappy, who knows how accurate the distance signs are. Also when we talk carry does that mean the first bounce without rolls?

200-220 is my average

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

My brother would always say how he drove certain greens at the course (mid 300 yards) i called BS, then i golfed with him, and have witnessed him drive these greens on about 4 occasions.

I'm not saying that there aren't guys out there who can hit 300 yard drives, but they are very few and far between and I haven't met one yet.

I've often seen playing partners claim they've just hit the ball 300 yards, but when you do the measurement with Sky Caddie they come up significantly shorter than that. They base their estimates on the fact that they've almost driven a hole thats 300 yards long, but ignore the fact that their ball is lying 15-20 yards short of the centre of the green and that the tee markers have been moved forward deducting another 10-15 yards, i.e. their drive is in reality 265 yards not 300 yards.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

On a dry day i can roll it to 275 but my carry is prbly 230

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

If i see anyone post a 321 or more im just gonna laugh.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

With my new driver swing I can hit it about 270-280 on a good hit. I need time to work out the consistency (and I need higher tees). If I can do that I might get 300, because my launch angle is about eight or nine degrees right now and I'm hitting it really low on the club face. My carry is about 200 plus change right now.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I can get 'em out to 240-250. Can occasionally bomb one out there 270 or 280. But my game fits my style, I don't like to get too close because I'm better at long irons than my wedges.

In my Bag:
SQ 10.5*
Old Burner 15*
CPR hybrid 21*
NDS Irons (4-PW) Vokey 52*,Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60* NewportBallsTP Red

Note: This thread is 4727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!