IGNORED

Tiger in 2014, How many Majors will win?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger will win ____ majors in 2014

• Zero
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four

Was he Tiger freaking Woods each of the last 5 years?

Yes. Before that he was Tiger ****ing Woods. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Three people voted that he'll win all four.

Why stop at four?  I say he'll win all five!!!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Why stop at four?  I say he'll win all five!!!

And then beat Chuck Norris at scrabble.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Was he Tiger freaking Woods each of the last 5 years?

Let's just go through this real fast..

2009 - 9 wins

2010 - no wins (well, it was the year after the scandal

2011 - 2 wins

2012 - 4 wins

2013 - 7 wins

23 wins in 5 years.. maybe not Tiger freaking Woods quality, but still by far the best around. Winning 9 tournaments at 37 is no small feat, as well...

• Administrator

2013 - 9 wins

25 wins in 5 years.. maybe not Tiger freaking Woods quality, but still by far the best around. Winning 9 tournaments at 37 is no small feat, as well...

How do you get "9" for 2013?

He won 5. That's still a lot but it's not 9.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Woops, I said 9? I meant 7, brain fart, sorry. But he won 7, not 5.  see: [URL=http://web.tigerwoods.com/onTour/scheduleAndResults?year=2013]http://web.tigerwoods.com/onTour/scheduleAndResults?year=2013[/URL]

You're counting the Tavistock and Presidents Cups.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Woops, I said 9? I meant 7, brain fart, sorry. But he won 7, not 5.

Five. You don't get to count team events.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let's just go through this real fast.. 2009 - 9 wins 2010 - no wins (well, it was the year after the scandal 2011 - 2 wins 2012 - 4 wins  2013 - 7 wins 23 wins in 5 years.. maybe not Tiger freaking Woods quality, but still by far the best around. Winning 9 tournaments at 37 is no small feat, as well...

And how many of those were majors?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Good point

No, not good point . . . No as in not a win.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

And how many of those were majors?

Well that total is off a few but that still would be a very nice career for just about any journeyman tour pro IMO, actually an awesome career looking again.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

No, not good point . . . No as in not a win.

That made me lol. Anyway, my guess is 1. And to be bold I'd like to say it'll be the PGA championship.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

not sure tiger will win any majors.

the competition is tough and the majors with drastic conditions are won with a lot of luck as well.

finally I beleive that tiger has changed mentally since his ex wife treasoned him for the divorce money.

Must be hard to hit the media wall that underlines that even if you are the best in the world, people spit on you because you dont comply to their religious rules and on top of it all you flurt with there never to be acheived dreams.

I voted zero.  The Tiger of yesteryear is gone and won't be back.  I'm not sure why but he just isn't the same warrior he was and I don't think he ever will be again.  Maybe it is because he wants to win majors too much and it gets in the way.  I do believe he is capable of winning 5 more tournaments this year.  But not a major.

Butch

Torn between zero and one, but went for the latter, with the win coming at Valhalla. The scoring is likely to be much better there then at the other three venues (with the possible exception of Hoylake, depending on conditions) so if Tiger gets off to his usual nervous start on Saturday & Sunday, as has been customary when amongst the leaders at majors at the halfway point over the last four years, he can still hold together his score and grind out pars, which is incredibly difficult if your ball striking is suspect at Augusta or a US Open set-up.

I think he can only win at Hoylake if the conditions mirror those we saw in 2006. Tiger can win on any course in the world if the conditions are baked out, otherwise he generally needs the course to "fit his eye". He's said before that Hoylake and Southern Hills didn't really suit him but he managed to find a way to win - likely because he was able to hit 2-iron after 2-iron that would run out for miles (remember how hot it was at Southern Hills in '07?)

Tiger likes Pinehurst but his putting badly let him down last time the US Open was played there in 2005; if my memory serves me right he ranked 2nd to last in the field in putting that week (of the players who made the cut) yet incredibly still finished 2nd to Michael Campbell! Can see him finishing T5 or thereabouts next year. Steve Williams said afterwards that if he'd taken 32 putts per round, he would have won by EIGHT shots!

In the build-up to the Masters, no doubt we'll get the usual 'Tiger owns Augusta' articles, conveniently neglecting to mention that he won't have actually won there in 9 years once April rolls around. It's been the same story since the win in '05 - very good ball-striking almost every year in the Masters, but really poor putting costing him the win. Prediction - top 5 finish.

As for what I'd like to see - Grand Slam of course! :-)

Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!