IGNORED

2013 Turkish Airlines Open Discussion

Crim
Note: This thread is 3808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

78 players from 22 different countries

63 European Tour winners with 325 European Tour victories between them

7 Major Champions who have 22 Major victories between them
Padraig Harrington
Martin Kaymer
Paul Lawrie
Louis Oosthuizen
Justin Rose
Charl Schwartzel
Tiger Woods

1 of the 2013 Major Champions
Justin Rose - US Open Championship

3  World Number Ones
Martin Kaymer
Lee Westwood
Tiger Woods

15 Ryder Cup players with 55 appearances between them

6 WGC winners who have 24 WGC victories between them
Martin Kaymer
Francesco Molinari
Ian Poulter
Justin Rose
Henrik Stenson
Tiger Woods

25 of the 2013 European Tour winners competing

3 of 2013 European Tour multiple winners competing
Joost Luiten
Brett Rumford
Tiger Woods

4 of the 2012 Challenge Tour graduates competing
JB Hansen
Max Kieffer
Eddie Pepperell
Justin Walters

3 of the 2012 Qualifying School graduates competing
Eduardo de la Riva
Morten Ørum Madsen
John Parry

7 of the 2013 European Tour rookies competing
Kiradech Aphibarnrat
JB Hansen
Max Kieffer
Morten Ørum Madsen
Eddie Pepperell
Peter Uihlein
Justin Walters

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

this is not a bad field...i was under the impression that it was going to be Tigs and 100 other guys named Art Vandelay...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this is not a bad field...i was under the impression that it was going to be Tigs and 100 other guys named Art Vandelay...

Yeah I was surprised because all I've been hearing is that Tiger should win this no problem. I mean the field isn't completely stacked but there's plenty of guys that are going to give him a run for his money.

Joel Holden

The world famous architect?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I thought he was an "Importer/Exporter?"

He also runs a latex business.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Can't be the same guy.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Can't be the same guy.

Why not? Charles Luckman started as a soap salesman, moved up the corporate ladder until he was the president of an international conglomerate, and then had a mid-life crisis and became a world-famous architect. Surely, there can be two! Anyway, the field isn't as terrible as I had thought, but there's still only a few guys Tiger really needs to worry about. I expect a top-five finish from him, minimum.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I kind of enjoyed watching that Aphibarnrat guy play

He's probably on the short list of players I'd expect to give Tiger a challenge this week; he looks as though he'll be a top-50 guy very soon. Beyond him, there's Stenson, Rose, Westwood, Kaymer, Poulter, and Schwartzel; I would be surprised if anyone outside of that group takes victory besides Tiger.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Tiger on a £1.5 million appearance fee.  You have to wonder just how well he will play this week on a new course.  It's a Montgomerie design which at 7,100 yards is a very short Bent greened Par 72, which should suit the World Number 1. But as part of the Euro Tour 'Final Series' the field depth is half decent. The course and the likely target score suits Ian Poulter down to the ground, so expect 'Mr November' to keep the forward momentum going from the HSBC where he almost chased down DJ.

Can't be the same guy.

think he is looking for a salesman

Why not? Charles Luckman started as a soap salesman, moved up the corporate ladder until he was the president of an international conglomerate, and then had a mid-life crisis and became a world-famous architect. Surely, there can be two!

LOL LOL LOL!!!

Colin P.

• Administrator

Tiger has yet to hit a fairway...

And he's one under through five with no bogeys.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And he's one under through five with no bogeys.

It's amazing, a bit o' luck missing the drink on 4 and 5 though.

On a different note, Stenson's caddie is hilarious, constantly trying to mingle and no one gives him the time of day.

Looks fairly buggy out there.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!