IGNORED

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM

RPMPIRE
Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would say that they didn't copy Mizuno....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ben-Hogan-Speed-Slot-Persimmon-Woods-Driver-3-4-5-Wood-Mens-Right-Hand-Steel-/151160558495

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The way I look at it, and maybe I'm wrong, these incredibly short cycles of TM's just mean that the slightly older models are going to drop down in price in another month, so when I go shopping flush with Christmas cash I'll have more options at a lower cost :)

More options at a lower cost! My point exactly! And this is why they're a market leader! I'll say it again... You can't knock someone for being good at what they do! The clubs I bought this yr will last me 5 yrs! By then the future TM mega whacker holy shit stick will be available for half the price and be at least 40 yards longer than my current stick! I can hardly wait haha!

Gaz Lee

I prefer the way the other companies do it, actually spend valuable time researching improvements. It almost seems like Taylormade is searching for the next gimmick again to recreate the white driver head. Lets throw tons of money out there and see what sticks.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

I prefer the way the other companies do it, actually spend valuable time researching improvements. It almost seems like Taylormade is searching for the next gimmick again to recreate the white driver head. Lets throw tons of money out there and see what sticks.

Ping comes to mind here.

Titleist and Mizuno as well, though Mizuno has a larger variety of irons than Titleist or Ping.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I'm still having trouble believing that they'll actually release this. Not that I think it's a bad driver or anything, but the frequency at which they release new woods is ridiculous.

You clearly dont know TM very well.  They will release this because thats what they do.  Typically they release a new driver every 6 months.  TM is constantly in search of the next gimmick to fool peopl into spending money on new clubs.

Its one of the reasons why I refuse to buy anything TM, no matter how good it may be.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

You clearly dont know TM very well.  They will release this because thats what they do.  Typically they release a new driver every 6 months.  TM is constantly in search of the next gimmick to fool peopl into spending money on new clubs.

Its one of the reasons why I refuse to buy anything TM, no matter how good it may be.

Well that just doesn't make any sense at all. ;)

If it's really, really good, then they aren't actually fooling anybody into spending money on a gimmick, now are they??

Well it's called marketing, I think "fooling" is a bit strong, it's not like the clubs aren't playable.  TM is #1 and the frequency that they release clubs seems to work, they wouldn't keep doing it if they were losing money.  They usually release one flagship driver a year per price point.  I agree this year had been ridiculous especially with the move back to black.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm still happy with my R9 460cc. Hit it better than any of Taylormade's current offerings. I only lose about 5 yards and hit it much more consistently.

At the rate TM is putting out new stuff any one that waits for last years models to be on sale, now only has to wait a couple months! :beer:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Call me shallow but I refuse to even try a TM club because of their marketing department lies... er... facts and the fact that so many players around my area buy the latest and greatest every 6 months for the "fashion" of having the latest club rather than it actually helping their game.

The biggest worry I have though is that they clearly release excellent clubs (otherwise tour players wouldn't use them as much as they do!) and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I actually liked the club enough to want to help stuff their coffers by buying it. lol

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I have yet to find something recent that is as long as my XHot...that being said, they are ugly as sin....can't stand that grey top.  I do like the look of the SLDR and the JetSpeed, however, the SLDR wasn't as long as the XHot under testing...I got to try the new Jetspeed vs. Xhot2.

Call me shallow but I refuse to even try a TM club because of their marketing department lies... er... facts and the fact that so many players around my area buy the latest and greatest every 6 months for the "fashion" of having the latest club rather than it actually helping their game.

The biggest worry I have though is that they clearly release excellent clubs (otherwise tour players wouldn't use them as much as they do!) and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I actually liked the club enough to want to help stuff their coffers by buying it. lol

I've tried them, but didn't like any of them enough to replace anything in my bag.  The club I like best from them is the one they market the least, the Daddy Long Legs.

Joe Paradiso

Well it's called marketing, I think "fooling" is a bit strong, it's not like the clubs aren't playable.  TM is #1 and the frequency that they release clubs seems to work, they wouldn't keep doing it if they were losing money.  They usually release one flagship driver a year per price point.  I agree this year had been ridiculous especially with the move back to black.

+1

It is very simple recipe:

1-  If TM (or any other OEM) is successful in removing your hard earned $$$ from your pocket every 6 months, then they win.

2-  Repeat.

Is the daddy long legs that ridiculous looking putter [quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/71012/taylormade-jetspeed-and-yet-another-line-of-woods-for-tm/60#post_919177"]I've tried them, but didn't like any of them enough to replace anything in my bag.  The club I like best from them is the one they market the least, the Daddy Long Legs. [/quote] My friend has one, he loves it! But my god it's ugly!

Gaz Lee

I have yet to find something recent that is as long as my XHot...that being said, they are ugly as sin....can't stand that grey top.  I do like the look of the SLDR and the JetSpeed, however, the SLDR wasn't as long as the XHot under testing...I got to try the new Jetspeed vs. Xhot2.

To each his own, I suppose ... the matte grey finish is one of the things I love about my xhot. :)

Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!