IGNORED

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM

RPMPIRE
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The weight distribution is completely different... Compared to my driver, a 2007 TM 425 with a regular shaft and standard weight settings, the JetSpeed carried the ball about 20+ yards further due to a higher launch angle. I did not have to time to change the weights on my driver to try to match the COG in the JetSpeed.

The difference was probably more than just the launch angle. What was the difference in spin? I'm guessing it was lower. Ball speed was probably higher as well. There's only so much you can reconfigure with your current driver.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, yeah - I get what you are saying. Changing the club is easier than adjusting, testing, ...

Spin was about 2,400 to 2,800 with the JetSpeed, 2,800 to 3,000 with the TM 425, the launch angle 14-16 vs. 10-13, ball speed was not displayed on the mini tablet. Regarding the spin numbers, I am so sure how accurate they are with range balls that are approx. 15 % distance reduced.

My priority is still to get the AoA up. Accuracy, consistency and then the swing speed. I hit the balls a little too high towards the heel that day, which skews the numbers, too. And after the 50th drive in 20mins my performance did not got better anyways.

How about the R1 driver? awesome pricing right now. Also looking for some suggestions on a new 3 wood.

Buy or determine the loft of the driver, before you commit to a 3 wood. In other words if your driver is a 10.5-12 degree there is no sense in buying a 3 wood @ 15 degrees, Y ardage may only be 20 yards difference.  You could choke down and inch on your driver  for 15-20 yards easy.

You might be better off with a 4 or 5 wood.

were you fitted? or did you just grab one off the rack? Did you go 2 degrees higher in loft?......

I hit it for a while, went up to a 12 degree loft to try to get the launch angle correct. All and all no real difference in carry compared to my Titleist and they do not have a comparable shaft available unless things have changed.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We went yesterday and tried this driver along side our G25's. There was no distance gain, matter if fact I was hitting the G25 better and more consistent, so was my son who also plays one.

One thing I did like was the sound I thought that thud was good.

It felt a little heavier in the head then my G25, but the balance was okay not a deal breaker.

The 49g shaft was okay nothing special to write home about. He played around with one that had a 60g shaft but was not that impressed.

I was really there to try this driver out, and would have considered it if there was any real benefit but nothing that stood out to spend money on.

They have a great deal right now, buy the driver and get a free hybrid or wood. So anyone that is in the market try it I don't think you would be disappointed.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

How about the R1 driver? awesome pricing right now. Also looking for some suggestions on a new 3 wood.

I think the R1 is an amazing driver. My driver swing is pretty good and I did not get better numbers from the newer TM drivers. I have no plan for changing it soon, this and the vr pro blades are the clubs I have used for longest time ever, and im quite a equipment junkie. Used booth since they got released :)

Just to get a feeling, I last year had 5 different putters :)

• 4 months later...
The jet speed is just a mess up that taylormade tried to make a success that's why they had buy a driver and get a jet speed fairway or hybrid free. It's the biggest joke taylormade has made so far

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!