Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrf71

"Who wants to Play"

7 posts in this topic

Hi,  I am looking for suggestions on how to set up an app or an online calendar for a group of 10-12 people that will notify the group when one member identifies that he is either looking to play at a certain date/time or will be playing and has some openings in the foursome.  Something a little more convienient than group texting.

Thanks,

Jim

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Will,

In my head it would work like this....10-15 of us that play together regularly would register with this application or schedular and if one of us was looking to play on a specific day they would go in and sign up for Next Sat. at "AM/PM/ANYTIME, or Specific TIME".  The application would then notify all other members (text or email) that a new T-time was established by for this

a pretty nifty idea... I'm a software developer so I'm clearly envisioning where you're going with this... A custom app like this wouldn't be too hard to develop, but there are probably free services available that more cheaply facilitate your concept than hiring a keyboard jockey like myself.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for providing detail Jim. We are actually building these exact features into our Foursum Golf app right now. In the meantime, check out some of the sports scheduling apps for recreational athletes. Huddlers is one that comes to mind (www.huddlers.com). If you're not iPhone users, Google Docs is probably the next best thing. Hope this helps!

I am struggling to figure out how mass texting is not the most efficient thing to do. "Just made a tee time at x location at x time for 4. Text me if you want to play." Or "Anyone want to play golf? Let's set up a four some."

The essentially will work like mass texting but it will also keep a calendar as well so you can go in and look to see who is playing when and schedule events far enough in advance.  I found that mass texting alone works ok if you are playing tomorrow or the next day but the further out the T-time is the more of a pain it becomes to manage or get a timely response.  Thanks for listening and feel free to send dividends if features pan out for Foursome Golf :).  It's the off season in Rochester, NY so just thinking of different ideas.